It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality Is Not A Choice

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: JackReyes

Perhaps, instead of being a robot with no choice, you have free will, and you have a choice.

Correct, and gay people choose to shine their Light and express themselves rather than oppress themselves, and lie to themselves and others. Murder, hatred, and violence lacks compassion and is therefore destructive, the Love between two honest, consensual adults is not.

Love always wins. Love never fails.

Did you let the OP he was incorrect, that they have no choice?

I agree with you, they do have a choice, and you agree with me, it is a choice.

The OP thinks that there is no choice. Somehow he has been brainwashed into thinking human beings have no control or free-will.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

That has nothing to do with Homosexuality, your sexuality doesn't make you any of those things, so to equate them is wrong.

You always have a choice. To think you are a robot, or have no free will is a lie. You have been brain-washed to think such thinks. And for that I pity you.

Someone who responded to my message understood that it is of free-will, a choice one makes.

I am sorry you cannot see because of the fetters that have blinded you.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I don't think you understand the difference between sexual orientation and sexual activity. You do not choose your sexual orientation. You can choose your sexual activity. But to perform sexual activity contrary to your orientation is pure hell. Try it sometime. Try choosing sexual activity with someone of the same gender, and see how it feels to you. That is how it feels for a homosexual to force themselves to have sex with someone of the opposite gender. Living a life of no sexual activity at all with no close relationships is a pretty sad life as well, so I hope you aren't advocating that as a choice. That's a pretty awful choice.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes I know the difference between orientation, and the act.

A homosexual can perhaps never engage in sex and thus keep himself clean in God's eyes.

Others can disregard God's command on sex.

Just as a person propense to violence can refrain from violence. Or can decide that violence is a way of life.

There is a difference between being pro-pence to being violent, and being violent.

Just as their is a difference to an orientation toward being homosexual and actually committing homosexual acts.

It is not that I don't know the difference, it is that you don't know.
edit on 2-7-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Violence hurts others. Practicing safe sex hurts no one. There is a difference.

If sex is only for procreation, then I'm assuming you have only had sex the same number of times as the number of children you have.

Never mind, I don't know why I bother to intellectually converse with such narrow minds stuck in religious hell.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
a reply to: Ghost147
Paramedics are called in to assist with law enforcement when children are involved, same goes at hospitals.
Dispatchers are notified and all communications are permanently recorded for later witness testimony
County jails must interview all inmates prior to placing in population, due to serious problems associated with promiscuous homosexuals and child molesters for their safety.

Again, if there is a record of it, it shouldn't difficult for you to back up your claims

originally posted by: SPECULUM
a reply to: Ghost147
Here let me help you. i believe there is a thread around here in the Archives somewhere called "Ask an LEO" Go find it and then ask away..They'll be more than gracious to fill you in on reality

It's not up to me to prove your position correct, that's your job. If you are making extraordinary claims then those claims require extraordinary evidence.

If you can't even be bothered to give any context to your own position, then it surely must be a weak position to begin with. But you don't simply tell the opposing side to do all the leg work for you when you have yet to do anything to support your claims in the first place.

originally posted by: JackReyes

A homosexual can perhaps never engage in sex and thus keep himself clean in God's eyes. Others can disregard God's command on sex.

Just as a person propense to violence can refrain from violence. Or can decide that violence is a way of life. There is a difference between being pro-pence to being violent, and being violent.

Just as their is a difference to an orientation toward being homosexual and actually committing homosexual acts. It is not that I don't know the difference, it is that you don't know.

Your post is a little confusing as to what your view is of homosexuality being a choice or not.

The question is (and always was) do people choose to be attracted to the same gender, or are they born that way? What they actually commit do has nothing to do with the equation. So what is your position exactly?
edit on 2/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

And you have the Free will not to be dictated by Bible, but your choice is not too..

it seems you are brainwashed into believing we are not born with our sexuality

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I didn't say, "homosexuality is a choice". I said for homosexuals to express themselves and shine their Light, or to oppress themselves and lie to themselves and others is a choice.

Being gay (attracted to the same gender) or straight (attrected to the opposite gender) is not a choice, but being in a relationship is.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You guys are seriously obsessed with our sex life..

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

A homosexual can perhaps never engage in sex and thus keep himself clean in God's eyes.

Others can disregard God's command on sex.

Just as a person propense to violence can refrain from violence. Or can decide that violence is a way of life.

There is a difference between being pro-pence to being violent, and being violent.

Just as their is a difference to an orientation toward being homosexual and actually committing homosexual acts.

It is not that I don't know the difference, it is that you don't know.

That's messed up in my mind. So some "God" created gay people, but doesn't want them to really be gay? Is he testing them? That seems like a really cruel "test".

That's messed up to me that a creator would create beings that have to deny their biological nature in order to earn his approval.

That's not a God I want to have anything to do with.
edit on 2-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

There are a great many who share your opinion. And why not? Who'd not prefer a god that coddles us, and lavishes us and treats us like spoiled brats?

Who wants a God who challenges us anyway? Too much trouble!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Ditto.

Completely baffles me why some omnipotent, omniscient entity would bother itself with such trivialities given the scale, wonder and complexity of his apparent perfect creation?
Why would he wish to torture and test people in such a manner?

Seems to me that 'he's' quite a bitter, twisted and tormented soul 'himself'.

I really can't understand why so many people are so opposed to people finding a little bit of comfort, care, affection and dare I say love in a world so consumed with hatred, bitterness and spite.

I genuinely believe people would be better served showing a bit of compassion to their fellow human beings, addressing their own personal demons and maybe spreading a bit of cheer rather than seeking to impose their own dogmatic moral code on others.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This.

We're ants. No, we're not even ants...we're like the electrons trying to make sense of the human mind. It's not possible.

It is the height of human arrogance to pretend to know what any kind of "creator" has in mind or thinks. It's insulting to a creative force that we, tiny as we are know "the will of God".

And how? Because ... some dudes 2,000 year said they God told them. Really? And we have what reason to believe that they really talked to God/the creator?

And even then, why should our society still be running a 2,000+ year old operating system? Religions/cultures are like computer operating systems that give framework to civilization. We're long overdue for a software update folks.

Anyway, Is it possible to talk to an electron? Is it possible for an electron to understand its role in the universe?

It's arrogant and insulting to a creator to assume it gives .2 about human sexuality. It's so trivial...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Who the hell would want to love a god that makes some people "faulty" and then blames them for it?

Talk about abusive parenting!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Who the hell would want to love a god that makes some people "faulty" and then blames them for it?

Talk about abusive parenting!

God made us perfectly, but gave us the free will to screw it up at our own pleasure.

And we did screw it up, and continue to screw it up on an exponentially increasing scale.

We have been given the roadmap to peace, prosperity and happiness in this life and it is mocked and derided.

Despite this, we are offered forgiveness, freely given and invited back home.

Sounds like petulant teenagers thinking they have all the answers.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If he made us "perfectly" why did he make gay people who have to struggle all their lives against their biological nature to not act gay?

That's not very kind or loving.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

If he made us "perfectly" why did he make gay people who have to struggle all their lives against their biological nature to not act gay?

I won't pretend to understand the mind of God, but I have peace with the understanding that sin terribly damaged man - much more so that we will generally acknowledge.

Adam had perfection in Eden, but then so did Lucifer. Both had seen the face of God, and both chose to turn away from it.

The desire and lure to chose our own path and assume equality with our Creator must be incredibly powerful.

It corrupts us absolutely if we let it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

God made us perfectly, but gave us the free will to screw it up at our own pleasure.

Did 'he'?
Then please explain all those poor souls who have been born with varying degrees of 'handicaps' etc?
Part of his 'masterplan'?
Or maybe something to do with 'the sins of the father' etc?

We have been given the roadmap to peace, prosperity and happiness in this life and it is mocked and derided.

So part of 'the roadmap to peace, prosperity and happiness' involves denying and suppressing one's sexuality and thus suffering a lifetime of personal torment?

Despite this, we are offered forgiveness, freely given and invited back home.

Sorry, I don't want any part of your afterlife Private Members Club if it is built on such principle's as blind obedience, the imposition of an age old belief system and the bigoted oppression of anyone who veers from your dogmatic creed.

Its truly amazing how lacking in compassion many are.....quite contrary to the caring nature and ethics Jesus displays in The New Testament - proof positive of how 'men' can twist things to suit their own personal bigotry.

Sounds like petulant teenagers thinking they have all the answers.

Sorry, the only people who claim to 'have all the answers' are those who castigate and vilify people in accordance to their blind faith in their interpretation of a book whose origins are somewhat vague and dubious to say the least.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

"You shall know them by their fruits."

If God is Love, then God is not going to act unloving or punish people (in this case gay people) for Loving behavior. That's the spirit of the devil/accuser pretending to be God/Love.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You seem like an angry, bitter man - that is regretful, but I will address some of your statements.

explain all those poor souls who have been born with varying degrees of 'handicaps' etc?
Part of his 'masterplan'?

What is to explain? People are born with defects - all of us are to one degree or another. I stated previous that the decision to sin, and the consequences of that decision terribly effected man. Certainly you would admit that you have done, or not done things that have wounded yourself and other people. As an analogy - look at the alcoholic - a lifetime of drinking has a terribly debilitating effect on his body, mind and soul, and he is left as a shell of his former self. It is also so with sin, and how it has wounded the race of men.

Babies born with terrible birth defects, children who suffer tremendous pain and isolation and anguish? I can't answer that - I honestly don't know. I wish I did.

So part of 'the roadmap to peace, prosperity and happiness' involves denying and suppressing one's sexuality and thus suffering a lifetime of personal torment?

In essence - yes. Homosexuals are not the only ones who have to deny and suppress sexual urges. We are not animals, and we are expected to conduct our lives with prudence and temperance. I have had the wonderful pleasure of knowing many Priests, Sisters and some Brothers who live a lifetime of obedient chastity and they would tell you their lives have been far from 'torment.' You are more than your penis. You are a human being that happens to have a penis. Perhaps you are so miserable because you keep looking down at it, and not at the beauty of the world around you. I know a wonderful woman who is all of 4'10." Sister Bernadette would reach up and tweek your nose for your outlook, and she would very likely covert you if you spent a little time with her. She is a remarkably happy, loving life filled woman who has lived more than eighty years 'denying and suppressing her sexuality' as you choose to put it. I suspect she would correct you though, and let you know how much she honored and respected the gift of her sexuality.

Its truly amazing how lacking in compassion many are.....quite contrary to the caring nature and ethics Jesus displays in The New Testament - proof positive of how 'men' can twist things to suit their own personal bigotry.

If I didn't have compassion for you, I would not take the time and effort to reply to your post. Eternity is a concept that I (and I suspect yourself) cannot really comprehend. Your choice to acknowledge only one side of the ministry of Jesus in the New Testament says a little about where you are spiritually. You're looking for that loving acceptance, but you don't want the difficult part about changing the parts of you that need changing to get there. Regardless, you are loved exactly where you are, and even though you say you want 'no part' of the Kingdom of Heaven, the fact that you are here in these threads indicates exactly the opposite. Jesus spoke of Hell more than anyone else in the bible, and I suspect he meant what he said.

Sorry, the only people who claim to 'have all the answers' are those who castigate and vilify people in accordance to their blind faith in their interpretation of a book whose origins are somewhat vague and dubious to say the least.

I certainly don't think I've ever claimed to have all the answers, but I do know this. Jesus gave the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to Peter, and founded his Church upon him. I trust in that, and I trust a faith and a God that challenges me, that gives me seemingly unsolvable problems, that doesn't sweep my faults and my failings underneath a rug and pretend everything is wonderful, and especially a God that dares me to love him back.

I would literally hate a life of sitting in the corner, pouting, and I suspect that you do too.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join