It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee vs Muhammad Ali. Who would win. and other unanswerable questions.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Just heard son having a meltdown. Rushed downstairs expecting injury, smartphone breakage or other semi-disaster.

Bacon was "Weird. Burnt." Has now been offered to me. Should I take it?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Just heard son having a meltdown. Rushed downstairs expecting injury, smartphone breakage or other semi-disaster.

Bacon was "Weird. Burnt." Has now been offered to me. Should I take it?

Just put some cheese on it.

It will be fine.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes. Yes. I should have though of that.

I took the plunge but it was a little weird and I was left with a distinct wensleydale craving.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

A white belt is only gonna destroy somebody with absolutely no training in anything and that's if he's lucky. Chances of meeting a guy with no fight experience or training at all is quite rare these days.

Boxing does nothing when the fight is on the ground.

There isn't a martial art in the world where you can learn it for a few months and realistically beat a guy that's been training for years in another art.

Depends on the art. An art that is about grappling vs. an art that has zero grappling and the fighter might as well be untrained once grappling starts.

All those Bruce Lee ground clips are good for is highlighting that he was innovative enough to incorporate other disciplines into his style. They don't require any degree of proficiency to pull off because they're friggin movies. If there's a clip of him pulling them off in competition or against a resisting opponent I'd be a bit more impressed.

It shows he knew about them, and understood the basics at the very least. He trained briefly with Gene Lebell. Anyone who knows grappling knows Judo Gene.

I can hit a flying omoplata on a compliant partner 100% of the time. On a guy resisting, even a novice I'll hardly ever hit it. With a camera I can make it look like I've mastered it, doesn't make it true.

No one says you need to go for a difficult submission, anyone will do.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

I can hit a flying omoplata on a compliant partner 100% of the time. On a guy resisting, even a novice I'll hardly ever hit it. With a camera I can make it look like I've mastered it, doesn't make it true.

since you have a camera can you post this. the omplata and variants are mot the easiest subs to put on.

not saying you cant do it. just saying i would like to so you catch a few.

im into that sort of thing.
i watch my brothers tapes for them and give them feedback.
not really tapes these days but you get what i mean

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Jeet kun do was a concept that died with Lee. The jeet kun do we see after his death is not really his.

As for Bruce Lee as a fighter, we will never know. But if you look at him, he could have been a great mma fighter.

1- he was a very fast learner when it came to martial arts.

2- he was super fast

3- very strong for his size

4- very fast reflexes.

He would have picked up jujitsu very quickly, and was in fact learning before he died.

Even Joe Lewis said he was so fast and strong for his size.

Saying that, maybe he had a glass jaw, who knows.

It's sad really because it has become quite cool for some people who just watch ufc to say that Bruce was a wimp who would not last five mins in ufc.

This is a stupid argument because you look when ufc first started. No one was using jujitsu, hence the reason why Gracie destroyed everyone .

Bruce Lee would have learnt jujutsu, and I think he would have been a great fighter in his weight class (if his jaw was good)

But, the main thing about Lee, is that he was a great martial artist, and teacher.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join