It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee vs Muhammad Ali. Who would win. and other unanswerable questions.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Dekkers, Namkabuan, Kaensak and Tongchai would have all terrorised and absolutely destroyed Lee, zero ground game.

Some of those guys have upwards of 200 legit recorded fights. Not myths and random whisperings from movie sets.

edit on 28-6-2015 by MagnaCarta2015 because: None given

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecificIf both where in their prime, I do not think Ali would lay a glove on Lee. Bruce would simply take out Ali with a kick to the head or knee.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

so we are using fake footage and footage from movies to prove how nasty bruce lee was?

bwuahahahahahah

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Jet Li is better than bruce, I have videos of him flying.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sadly people haven't figured out that its stupid to argue who would win or what is better in martial arts.

Bruce Lee did wing chun which was bulls!#!.

Ali did boxing which is BS.

Then Bruce did jeet kun do which is BS.

Then he did shoot wrestling which is BS.

Personally, krav maga, bjj, kali, boxing, wing chun, kempo, kung fu, karate, pankration, wwe, 52 blocks, silat, savate, mma, ufc, catch as catch can....its all BS.

Thats why ive switched to the only martial art worth practicing ameri-do-te. I'm currently a white belt with them but the first techniques I've learned are all lethal pressure points. Or PP for short. We start learning them by discovering where they are on ourselves first. So far my instructor keeps telling me to touch my PP and repeat until my PP is too sore to continue. Repetition is the key.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

A friend came round the other day for advice after being put in a headlock he couldn't get out of. I showed him on my own arm how to find a PP with your chin. Messed my own arm up for two days. Boy did I feel a fool!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Yes its always important that you spend a lot of time touching your own PP before trying to touch other people's PP's.

I spend hours experimenting with the best ways to stimulate my PP. I figure if I can get it to work on me than the other persons definitly going to feel it when I touch them in the right places.

That's why I think a lot of martial arts are BS. They never take seriously training to touch other peoples PP's.
edit on 28-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Btw, when you have sonmmeone in a head lock that is usually the best time to hit their PP's. You are correct.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

i cant agree on you with catch wrestling.

its brutal.

i trained catch for years. 2 of my brothers train catch now.

brutal submissions.....
my opinion

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
2 extremely different styles, one uses the whole body as a single weapon , including kicking vs a sport that restricts the use of only fists...

Just looking at it logically... And sparing with someone that did/does studies Jeet Kune Do for years.... Will make you think twice about just using your fists to gain the upper hand...

Now, facing Ali in the ring for a straight boxing match....lights out in the 1st round, 2nd if your Bruce or Chuck....but would still have to watch the fight

:-)
edit on 28-6-2015 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
As for weapons. Bruce learned everything weaponwise short of fencing techniques from danny inosanto. All the stuff you see him do with weapons in the movies and demonstrations were really philippino escrima arnis...including the nunchuks.

One of favorite yt vids....
youtu.be...

( mobile can't embed )

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Sadly people haven't figured out that its stupid to argue who would win or what is better in martial arts.

Bruce Lee did wing chun which was bulls!#!.

Ali did boxing which is BS.

Then Bruce did jeet kun do which is BS.

Then he did shoot wrestling which is BS.

Personally, krav maga, bjj, kali, boxing, wing chun, kempo, kung fu, karate, pankration, wwe, 52 blocks, silat, savate, mma, ufc, catch as catch can....its all BS.

Thats why ive switched to the only martial art worth practicing ameri-do-te. I'm currently a white belt with them but the first techniques I've learned are all lethal pressure points. Or PP for short. We start learning them by discovering where they are on ourselves first. So far my instructor keeps telling me to touch my PP and repeat until my PP is too sore to continue. Repetition is the key.

Perhaps, but, i just don't see nor have i ever seen anyone get close enough to Master Lee to hit his PP's....

You know this as well as i do that Master Lee was in fact untouchable...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

i pretty much disagree with all of that.

Then you are simply wrong.

remy is an amazing fighter.

He never broke the top 5 back when 145 had basically ZERO competition. He would not be top 100 today. In fact he would not be in the top 200 and never beat anyone of note.

and fedor fought crap competition?
please

Thanks for showing your ignorance. Fedor's record is 6-4 if you only include wins vs. top 5 HW's. GSP is 16-2. Every fight was a top 5 fighter when he became champ. Fedor would fight a guy who was 0-0 or 1-0 ranked #500 as the #1 ranked fighter.

Crap competition, anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant.

ricardo arona, cro cop, coleman, fujita, nogeuira, henderson, lindland, rizzo, arlovski...

yeah, what a crappy list

How many of those guys are actually HW's?
Lindland = Middleweight
Henderson = Middleweight
Randleman = LHW
Arona = LHW
Coleman = LHW
Fujita = Ranked #35 at the time of fight
Rizzo = Ranked #36 at the time of fight
Arlovski = Ranked #5, Good win
Nog and CC = Both top 5, good wins.

All in all 34 wins and only 9 NINE were against top 10 HW fighters.

Horrible horrible crap competition. Do you see Cain or Werdum fighting Middleweight fighters? No. It's a joke.

fedor was out there turning peoples lights out and owning combat sambo competitions and made it all look easy.

It is easy when you are a HW champ and fight guys with 0-0 records and fight Middleweight fighters who are not even in the top 5 TWO weightclasses lower.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
In an actual fight it would not be close, Ali would have broken bones in about 15 seconds. Anyone with a ground game will destroy an opponent who does not.

and how was bruce lee's ground game.
please enlighten me/us

thank you

Better than Ali's.

Here are some movie clips which showed Lee was at minimum familiar with grappling submissions and understood how to apply them.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Lee trained somewhat with Gene Lebell. That is more than enough to beat Ali who had no ground game. Ali would be choked out with broken arms. As I said earlier, in a boxing match Ali would manhandle Lee.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

i cant agree on you with catch wrestling.

its brutal.

i trained catch for years. 2 of my brothers train catch now.

brutal submissions.....
my opinion

Agreed, you can definitely hurt a person.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Ali all day long, whether it was just boxing or mixed. One punch landed = fight over.

This is an interesting question though in that it always crops up. I have seen a fight before with a golden gloves champ from the US (amateur) against a top MMA figher - and the amateur boxer wiped the floor with him.......in a matter of seconds. Quite simply, he could land more blows than the other guy could even attemnpt to block.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Sorry, a white belt in BJJ will destroy any boxer. What you saw was either a propaganda piece, or an incredibly stupid MMA fighter who wanted to stand and bang.

Randy Couture beat James Toney, who had been training grappling, in about 20 seconds.

Ronda Rousey, a 135lb girl would beat Mayweather or Pacquiao inside 30 seconds. (Pacquiao agrees even)

Demetrious Mighty Mouse Johnson, 125lb male would probably beat Mayweather and Pacquaio 2 v 1 very quickly.

edit on 29-6-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

A white belt is only gonna destroy somebody with absolutely no training in anything and that's if he's lucky. Chances of meeting a guy with no fight experience or training at all is quite rare these days.

There isn't a martial art in the world where you can learn it for a few months and realistically beat a guy that's been training for years in another art.

All those Bruce Lee ground clips are good for is highlighting that he was innovative enough to incorporate other disciplines into his style. They don't require any degree of proficiency to pull off because they're friggin movies. If there's a clip of him pulling them off in competition or against a resisting opponent I'd be a bit more impressed.

I can hit a flying omoplata on a compliant partner 100% of the time. On a guy resisting, even a novice I'll hardly ever hit it. With a camera I can make it look like I've mastered it, doesn't make it true.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'd say Lee, only because Lee uses more body parts to hurt you. Plus throws have been proven (thanks to the evolution of MMA fighting) to be FAR superior to punches and kicks and Ali doesn't know how to throw.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

just chiming in to call bs on this story.
amateur boxer against a 'top' mma guy

hahahah...boxer loses 100% of the time

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join