It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well that MUST mean that YOU support ISIS and condone chopping off kids heads!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

I didn't miss anything.

"What really gets me is when I call somebody out on their obvious hatred" and then they turn it around on you.

So, both parties are accusing the other of hating something.

But it's different because you're enlightened and they're ignorant. And I'm sure "they" say exactly the same in reverse.

So no, I didn't miss anything. You're upset that people say you hate something and must support *whatever* in response to you saying they hate something and are ignorant.

Again, very benevolent.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I didn't miss anything.

"What really gets me is when I call somebody out on their obvious hatred" and then they turn it around on you.

So, both parties are accusing the other of hating something.

But it's different because you're enlightened and they're ignorant. And I'm sure "they" say exactly the same in reverse.

So no, I didn't miss anything. You're upset that people say you hate something and must support *whatever* in response to you saying they hate something and are ignorant.

Again, very benevolent.

You purposely misquoted me.

That is very untruthful of you.

You obviously don't get it or are pretending not to get it. For your sake I hope you're pretending.

Please explain why I should be labeled an ISIS supporter who supports heads being chopped off for pointing out someone's obvious bigotry.

Netanyahu pulled it, and now a certain minority on ATS is doing it too.

Let's see you try and spin that one.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
*sigh*

Yet another pro-ISIS thread.

I get so tired of these.

(this is coming from someone who's been called racist, stupid, ignorant, uneducated, homophobic, bible-thumper. . . in just 3 days.)

At first glance I thought you were serious about this being "another isis thread".

Haha glad I reread your post before responding and making a total fool of myself.

Hope it wasn't me calling you those names.

Got an extra smoke?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Always.

Glad to see you are a good sport.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

And loved by a total stranger. Let's not forget that beezer!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Real.... I have had the same line tossed at me. Just because I tried to take a middle approach to a discussion. Not defending either side of the issue, just attempting to call attention to the possibility that an issue was larger than either side was arguing.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Terry, who in the hell wants to be reminded that they might be wrong on an issue?

I certainly don't. Humility is a goal very few have achieved here. I can't claim to have a lock on it.

Being reminded that you might be wrong triggers all sorts of defensive measures.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Terry, who in the hell wants to be reminded that they might be wrong on an issue?

I certainly don't. Humility is a goal very few have achieved here. I can't claim to have a lock on it.

Being reminded that you might be wrong triggers all sorts of defensive measures.

Not that I disagree with your observations here Beez, but then why else are we here? (ATS). Why debate at all? Why discuss at all, oh wait a minute, is this one of those replies where you use reverse logic or tongue in cheek wink wink nudge nudge?

Now, humility.... certainly few of us have this as a goal, but don't you think that it could be? And not one that needs to be perfectly attained, but rather at least, AT LEAST set as something to try for? I swear Beez, I may be crazy but you do seem to have at least an ounce or so of it. Come on fess up old man.

Aside, howzit going over there on coast today. I am on the I-5 corridor near Roseburg and it's still 100 plus degrees. And me with no AC.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

we're at a balmy 70.

it did get to 75 today.

as for the rest?

I do try.

debates are supposed to be fun, at least that's why I do it.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

debates are supposed to be fun,,,,, I never thought of that.. Maybe I' ll try it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I misquoted nothing. I may not have quoted your entire sentence but aside from you saying "bugs" instead of "gets" that's word for word. Nothing dishonest about it. Lazy perhaps, but not dishonest.

You don't like when you try to point out to somebody their hatred and they turn it around on you. That's understandable.

But I get your point. Better than you think, apparently.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

To all you sneaky spin doctors, I don't hate you and I am not mad at you.

I pity you.

I feel you!

Don't pity them, there is a common X-factor that exist within those people's thought process that allows for exploitation in other avenues in life such as marketing and consumerism....

You see, for anyone to use a thought-poor defence tactic in a statement such as; "Well, you must support ISIS and little kids having their heads chopped off," as their response to another explaining not to blindly condemn an entire faith on the actions of a few, usually state these things because they have been social engineered via propaganda programming to do so unconsciously. In other words: these people are spoon fed their ideologies and beliefs.

Herd mind characteristics are being demonstrated. To argue with them is to become frustrated. However, to befriend them and their ilk can be very profitable....

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I agree with you 100 percent, my apologies for the late reply.

There are a lot of people who regurgitate the propaganda which they have been spoon-fed due to years of conditioning. I was once indoctrinated just like this. It was very difficult to wake up one day and realize that a lot of what I have been told since my birth was a big fat lie.

What bothers me the most, are the ones who wake up, but refuse to admit it. They intentionally bury their heads in the sand hoping it will all go away.

Then there's another more extreme faction that have known all along but choose to pass along state sponsored propaganda as a hobby, or because they actually get paid for it.

The one's that do it for free are the worse IMO.

That being said, I've been accused of portraying myself as "enlightened" over others and that I believe my opinions must be right and if people disagree then they must be wrong. I have been wrong MANY times and am always willing to admit it.

IMO I clearly I made it clear in my OP that I have been wrong on assumptions, we are all wrong at times. No one is ever right all the time.

The difference is being able to admit if you are wrong.

Those who are proven wrong yet they continue to twist and squirm are funny but irritating at the same time, thanks for the great reply.

Sorry for the "all over the place" post as I am multi-tasking

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

There are a lot of people who regurgitate the propaganda which they have been spoon-fed due to years of conditioning. I was once indoctrinated just like this. It was very difficult to wake up one day and realize that a lot of what I have been told since my birth was a big fat lie.

It takes integrity to admit such truths. We all possess an encultured mind due to past mental conditioning. We formulate perceptions based on information and evaluating personal experiences. Those that do become more "aware" of the dynamics and inner workings of the mind AND the world, are able to discern information with an heightened sense of perception.

If one is not formulating their own beliefs through critical thought and introspection; society/ government/family/friends will surely do it for them through "the engineering of consent".

Have you noticed (even on this site) that "the flavour of the day" is being dictated from external sources.....? Many discuss what they are "engineered" to discuss....not what they actually want to discuss.

What bothers me the most, are the ones who wake up, but refuse to admit it. They intentionally bury their heads in the sand hoping it will all go away.

I feel you, apathy is never a good thing, however, I don't really allow that stuff to affect my state of mind. What others do or not do; believe or not believe; is of no concern to me unless they place it on my table. Acknowledging it (discussing it) is all we can often do anyway...

Let them do them and you do you.

Then there's another more extreme faction that have known all along but choose to pass along state sponsored propaganda as a hobby, or because they actually get paid for it.

The one's that do it for free are the worse IMO.

I agree. Trolls is all they are. Some our so bent on hate that cognitive dissonance takes hold. Some just like to get under people's skin because of their deep animosity that dwells within that arose from unrelated suppressed life experiences (unfulfilled goals and dreams) that become measured against their current waking reality and prospects for the future. When people choose sides, empathy and compassion goes out the door.

Most are just suffering from "Herd Mentality Syndrome". They hold certain views because of societal engineering and not because of their own established ideals. Look at all the fellas/hipsters rockin' beards all of the sudden....why is that? To be fair, we all have an encultured mind that has been socially engineered. The difference is some don't allow that to dominate or mould their overall mindset. Those who do so are FREE -THINKERS who assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision in their daily lives.

That being said, I've been accused of portraying myself as "enlightened" over others and that I believe my opinions must be right and if people disagree then they must be wrong. I have been wrong MANY times and am always willing to admit it.

Me too. I am aware that my beliefs are just that: Beliefs! Therefore, my beliefs are being tweaked, altered, removed, added to, subtracted from, on a daily basis. Anybody whose beliefs have not evolved or changed are the most stubborn SOB's on the planet. However, what I know remains constant for obvious reasons. To recognize the difference between the two on a personal level is wisdom being exercised.

IMO I clearly I made it clear in my OP that I have been wrong on assumptions, we are all wrong at times. No one is ever right all the time.

The difference is being able to admit if you are wrong.

You are fair minded individual. I admire and respect souls such as yourself.

Those who are proven wrong yet they continue to twist and squirm are funny but irritating at the same time, thanks for the great reply.

You are welcome. Thank you for your kind response and intelligent points.

Re: twist and squirm after being presented with facts-- Those are the ones who try to paint a picture (save face) to others when you leave the room/forum. All that matters is that THEY know what really went down deep within in their mind. It's just social media any way.

For some people, intellectual point scoring is the only thing in life that resembles any form of success.

Those who play unfair on social media were the kids on the playground who instead of being happy for the other winning the race would say nasty things about them instead.

There is something deeper going on with these people....empathy will arise when you understand it is not your points they are disagreeing with...

Have a wonderful week ahead.
edit on 29-6-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I agree, and it certainly DOES pop up a lot when defending the Muslim faith.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I certainly understand what you mean, it does pop up when defending Islam as that is the faith attached to that group. But to be honest I don't really defend any religion. I am not religious and respect everyone's right to worship equally even though I am not like them at all in the form of belief.

That being said, I have a lot of problems with organized religion yet I still tolerate it. Many of my best friends are religious of some sort, then there is me the new age guy. I have many beliefs but they are not organized. They are hard to explain and I am sure many people would ridicule mine as well.

I just keep certain comments to myself because a lot of what I do does not fit within their real of acceptance but I don't really care. My realm of acceptance includes tolerance, if they cannot then so be it. Unfortunately the ones who lack tolerance varies on one's perception and ideals.

I am sure most of us seem crazy to each other

Religion and politics are the distractions that keep us occupied as the real world spins.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I'm not religious either, but I won't stand by and watch one group of religious people berate and talk down on another group of religious people because they are a different religion and the first group doesn't completely understand the second group's religion. That is intolerance and I won't stand for it no matter where it shows its face. I think all THREE Abrahamic religions are the worst human inventions of all time. There are religions that have the same messages and are MUCH more peaceful than one of those three, but I won't think badly of you for worshiping any of them. And I certainly won't stand by and watch you get ganged up on by a bunch of intolerant assholes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join