It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grexit : Is the inevitable finally about to happen ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's been on the cards for what seems like forever with recent events hinting the end may be nigh , even though the outcome seemed inevitable the institutions involved have continued the pointless dance to try to prevent the exit of Greece from the Eurozone but despite their efforts zero hour may now be here... squeaky bum time if you're a finance minister.

News has just broken that following the Greek government's decision to put the bail out option to the vote Eurozone finance ministers have decided to pull the plug and not extent the Greek bailout program beyond 30 June , it seems from the news we may be approaching the end.
Reports say that people are queuing at Greek banks and the slow trickle of withdrawals seen over the past few weeks may be about to turn into a bank run , in three days Greece could be broke understandably people want their money.

Just as the economic recovery was starting to gain pace the fall of Greece could throw a massive spanner in the works , the finance ministers know it which is why the effort was made but sometimes you just have to accept the inevitable , Grexit may finally be here and it could get messy.

Goodnight and good luck.

edit on 27-6-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The best thing the people can do imo is total bank runs and bring this system down to start something new. I really hope people realize keeping this system going will only lead to even more massive suffering. I also don't think anything's happening lately that could be called a recovery anywhere only just more lies,fact-fudging and propaganda.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

Exactly, let the inevitable crash happen so WE can suffer the consequences and maybe my grand children wont have to pay for our stupidity.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Just to be fair: the €Z-finance ministers didn't just "pull the plug"... they simply couldn't extend the bailout program.

In order to extend the program, several european national parliaments must vote about it first, based on Greek reform commitments.

Tsipras' referendum about the reforms will take place 5 days after the current extension of the program will expire this tuesday night (June 30th) though.

edit on 27-6-2015 by ColCurious because: typo

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It's been on the cards for what seems kike forever with recent events hinting the end may be nigh , even though the outcome seemed inevitable the institutions involved have continued the pointless dance to try to prevent the exit of Greece from the Eurozone but despite their efforts zero hour may now be here... squeaky bum time if you're a finance minister.

I'm going to be "that guy". You meant to say like but hit the K instead of the L. That spells a word Jewish people don't like. Given how easily people get offended, I thought I'd tell you so you won't get in trouble.
On subject: I wonder how long it would take this kind of thing to hit the US. I know it wouldn't be good.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Fixed.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Cool. Like I said, I didn't want you getting in trouble. You probably wouldn't, if things were kept in context, but you never know. I'm glad that you didn't get pissed off or irritated for me pointing it out. Some do.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Slickinfinity

Exactly, let the inevitable crash happen so WE can suffer the consequences and maybe my grand children wont have to pay for our stupidity.

speak for yourself there, sparky....I had nothing to do with this....blame the wealthy financial people in Europe that brought this about. passing blame to people that effectively had no way of changing it, is dishonest...why is it when the wealthy screw up, it always the collective "WE" that takes the blame, and has to pay to fix it...how about the wealthy financiers lose their collective ass for a change

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I wish it was the banksters that would feel the inevitable pain, but you and I both know that, in reality, that won't be the case.

Maybe you personally didn't have anything to do with it, as most of us didn't. However most of the western world is democratic and thus have allowed this criminal system to slowly encroach to total control.

In reality, the ones who are going to suffer are you and I while the criminal banker cabal rides out the crash in relative luxury.

I would rather take the inevitable suffering myself, in the hopes of having a better system for my offspring.

Arguing about semantics will not change the reality we face.

If you can come up with a way to make just the banksters pay for their criminal behavior and eradicate the current financial system of debt based fiat currency, without us little people suffering I am all ears.

To me whatever the pain, get it over with now.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

god i laughed at this.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
yeszz....global fundamental finance....oh, we're going downtown here shortly....then I won't be trading currency anymore.
I be ready.....I have this Biblical view of the future....it's really great reading....been ready for this since I was a boy....ready since 1970....

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Greece's parliament has tonight approved the plan to hold a referendum on international creditors' terms for a bailout.
I think this pretty much signals the end.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

IMO we are just as much a part of the problem and deserve our fair share of the blame no matter who you are or what your class is. We paid into their system through compliance and negligence topped with a large dose of apathy and sit and watch as people suffer.
The only rational and sane thing to do at this point is refuse to play their game and attempt to build something better. If a country can't print it's own currency I don't even think it's a real country and I also think the Euro is a terrible idea as a whole that has only benefited the banksters.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
News is just breaking that the European Central Bank is believed to be stopping emergency lending to Greece's banks from today , my guess is that will be the starting gun for the full scale bank run.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

This could get real interesting, really quickly...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Blimey it does. I swear the Germans love dragging all this out to keep the Euro low and BMW products etc churning out their factories at very competitive prices to non Euro export markets. They love it!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Chief of the Greek Piraeus Bank has said banks will stay closed on Monday , there is some speculation the Greek stock market may also be suspended.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Greek government has confirmed that banks will be closed all week , it cited the "extremely urgent" need to protect the financial system due to the lack of liquidity.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If the various Greek governments had grown backbones and collected all the taxes it is due, they would not have this trouble now, according to the amount of cash withdrawn, there is plenty of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Yep, Tsipras went for the referendum. Bring down the Europenan banks and bring back he Greek Drahma.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join