It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants KKK to be forced to name its members and supporters after Charleston church massacre

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't want to join, but could you live stream it for us?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

No cameras allowed.

Our organisation has high profile members who do not wish to be exposed to the serfdom.
edit on 27-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

But, and here's the thing for me, what good will it actually do?

Okay, you want a member list for the KKK. Great, we won't take names anymore. Or we disband any official activity. Whatever it is to get around the notion of "I want a list of klukkers." Well now we're just a bunch of dudes hanging out and we all happen to be racist. But we're not an official group, we're just buddies.

Now what? Is the ideology gone? The hate gone? The THOUGHTS gone? Apply that to any group of right wingnuts. Oh, you want our list? Sorry, we're no longer an official group. Sorry bout your luck! Ps we still hate black people lulz

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Not true, KKK membership soared after Obama's win and continued to climb. Funny that huh? Members are everywhere in our society, most terrifyingly in the justice system wearing badges and robes.

Even with all of that though, I have no desire to give the government carte blanche on this. It's like bombing the middle east to get Osama... way too many innocents suffer.

Missing the bigger point guys.........It is not illegal to be a racist. You have the right....... If I am a Black person and wanted to openly hate whites and join the New black panthers I have the right to do so.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
an even trade off would be for the Muslim community to make known and positively identify all the members of each particular Mosque...

radicalized Jihadists could then be monitored... just like the KKK members who harbor feelings to 'punish' people of color

we should utilize these social magnets which attract radical individuals, to try to control the outbreaks of hate upon the masses ~ or at least to quickly bring justice to wrongdoing against others who are guilty of being a person of color or else an infidel

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I made my take on the "interview" clear in previous posts, I thought?

Yes - you did. You peppered your entire OP with disclaimers

So - why run with it?

I'll say this - it does make for an interesting discussion. So, you know - ok... :-)

As Charlie points out below - it's an amazing topic to discuss, so - thanks for that part

And for what it's worth - no - I don't deserve to know whether my neighbor is a bigot. If they did start publicly outing people for their political beliefs - we'd know that was the beginning of the end. It's worth fighting - and that's for sure

Also, for what it's worth - I think it's interesting how many are just willing to go with this story

Because - you know - the Daily Mail...

:-)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I believe that I made my position quite clear.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
an even trade off would be for the Muslim community to make known and positively identify all the members of each particular Mosque...

radicalized Jihadists could then be monitored... just like the KKK members who harbor feelings to 'punish' people of color

we should utilize these social magnets which attract radical individuals, to try to control the outbreaks of hate upon the masses ~ or at least to quickly bring justice to wrongdoing against others who are guilty of being a person of color or else an infidel

That has already happened and it's wrong!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It's definitely a good discussion and debate to have though.

Definitely

A star for that :-)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

a reply to: SubTruth

I believe that I made my position quite clear.

Ya you want to go after them but are afraid of the fallout to innocents.....Let me say it a different way.....You have the constitutional right by law to be a racist. As long as you do not break any other laws in the pursuit of that...... having thought police is very dangerous slippery slope.
edit on 27-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Depends on the example you want...

Let's say it exposes a percentage of a shady PD in *insert state*...
Let's say it's your baby sitter...
Let's say it's a doctor, who decides to misdiagnose or "miss" something when it comes to a certain patient...
Let's say it's Secretary of State...
Let's say it's 1% of congress, senate etc...

And so on...

Let's say it does cause them to disband, and as you say, the mentality is still thriving among them as individuals...
It'll make organisation more difficult...

You could argue they're already known to agencies and intelligence...

Ok, let's say it exposes the Director of the CIA who is in charge of an important case...

I know I'm speculating, I think it's valid conjecture though.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great thread, so someone said to someone that they would do something, damn that obama, hes coming for our sheets.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

But where do those trade offs end? Some would say conspiracy theorists spread seditious thoughts about government coverups, which breed mistrust and malease. Should the staff and membership and visitors be "identified" for public consumption? To become blacklisted or ridiculed or other actions of mob mentality thrust upon them?
edit on 27-6-2015 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I think it's entirely because it wouldn't be out of character. I'd say, for myself, I expect these things to happen.

Whether the story is true is irrelevant to the bigger picture, wherein political and governmental bodies are utilized to attack specific groups in a myriad of ways. Most center around using extreme generalizations to confirm already present bias. This tactic is also used by individuals as well, though I am not sure if it's always a conscious decision. It's much easier to establish legislation that is open ended when it is publicized to only focus on groups that people hate. It's not like most people actually read these things. Heck, "pass it to see what's in it" is a thing now.

If it's an interesting discussion that is representative of the current social and political climate in the US, then let's discuss! It's not like propaganda, err.. media, needs to be true in order to effectively manipulate.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

link   
Just "Name its members"?

The entire organization should be banned.

Any group who's mainstay is HATE towards a specific group due to gender, race, social standing or sexual orientation should be banned.

KKK, Westboro Baptist Church, the list goes on.

They definitely should NEVER have tax free status.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Pretty sure the article, whether the interview is 100% accurate or not, has sparked a rather intelligent debate has it not?

I'll repeat myself though, since apparently it's not as clear as I thought I had made it:

While it is the DM, I find it hard to believe they would concoct an entire interview out of thin air from a person who is center stage in one of the biggest current events right now. And if they did, I would think he would have something to say about it.

I don't know anything about the mayor. I have no idea what his political leanings are, so I have no idea whether he's likely to have said what the DM claims he did. And I wasn't privy to any conversations had between him and the president, so I have no idea what was said. Or not said.

So, personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the president said something along these lines. Nor would I be surprised to learn that DM had spun something along the way. Regardless, I find it hard to believe that the entire interview is faked.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Not true, KKK membership soared after Obama's win and continued to climb. Funny that huh? Members are everywhere in our society, most terrifyingly in the justice system wearing badges and robes.

Even with all of that though, I have no desire to give the government carte blanche on this. It's like bombing the middle east to get Osama... way too many innocents suffer.

Missing the bigger point guys.........It is not illegal to be a racist. You have the right....... If I am a Black person and wanted to openly hate whites and join the New black panthers I have the right to do so.

And as a black surgeon who is a member of a racist org your white patients should be aware before you perform open heart surgery on them.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it and made a very valuable contribution to the conversation being had!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The daily mail really??? A guilty pleasure of mine, true - but never a source for facts.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Can't he just get the info from the NSA?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join