It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preached Conspiracies In Your Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Before I begin, I just want it to be known that I am an educated person and don't believe everything anyone tells me. Instead I research things on my own and come to likely conclusions based on information presented to me. With that said, let me begin. So the other day some family friends of mine told me they were going to have a bible study with their friends, so they went next door to do that as I stayed and did some work for them around the house. I eventually finished and being a Christian myself went over just to see if I could learn anything, you know, new. Anyways, I go over, sit down and just listen. No joke, the conversation at the time was involving topics such as the illuminati and how Obama is evil and stuff like that. Then the conversation then turns to say how 9/11 was planned and then someone whips out the old twenty dollar bill to show the burning twin towers when it's folded. As I sit quietly, my mind is saying" are they for real , this is their bible study". But please don't judge their faith by what I'm telling you, I know these are good people, but the conversation just went in a conspiracy theory direction. Anyways, they so whole heartedly believed this stuff and spoke about it amongst eachother with much passion and sincerity. Now, many of these things I have indeed came across reading online and listening to radio shows, however, there's a fine line that I keep before believing all this and taking it straight to the heart. For example, is it crazy to think that 9/11 was done by our government, no, do I still have faith in our government, yes. I mean, I can see the likelihood of such events, even that there is such possibilities of an illuminati that's evil, although there is that grey area where it may in fact just be made up propaganda to get people to turn away from our government, system, ect. Continuing along,they spoke of things such as the imagery on the $1 bill, like the pyramids, and the $20 dollar folded 9-11 towers. I think by know you understand what I am getting at and where I stand on these matters. You never quite believe it all, but just educate yourself on the likelihood and keep it in the back of your mind as something not necessary truth, or proven false. Anyways, the part that shocked me was that there was a 10 year old boy there with his father, and the kid was bringing things up too that some of the adults didn't even seem to know about, such as how people on YouTube say Obama is the antichrist and that the government allowed pearl harbor as well as 9/11 to occur. I was just like woah, this is sad. FYI the father seemed proud. This kid is believing everything he watch's on YOUTUBE just as these adults are and have been buying in to everthing with such passion, and without researching to top it off. I myself have dabbled into these parts of YouTube before, but I'm not going to jump on the band waggon like that, instead you know my process of making informed, educated decisions, as stated above. Anyways, I'd just like to hear your thoughts on these events that are likely happening with people in homes/families all over the U.S. I mean it's shocking in its entirely, but also because 5 of 10 children have phones and access to YouTube and are likely being taught to totally be against the government, our government. I mean its just scary. The power of information in the wrong hands. I also found it amassing that my housing was part of the group, hates the US government and receives a check from the U.S government for being unemployed and an ex felon with an injury.

edit on 27-6-2015 by BeyondBlessed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondBlessed

As I sit quietly, my mind is saying" are they for real , this is their bible study".

Yes it is. Christians as a lot don;t really know what to believe.

They sit quietly in church listening to innocuous sermons about bible verses, how boring is that? But get them in a room together for "study" and the fantasies fly. They are desperate for any real truth.

Folding the dollar bill to make the twin towers is as ridiculous as it gets, but I can just hear them go "oooooh" at the parlor trick.

The modern christian church teaches nothing to help people live their lives, deal with strife, relationships, poverty, illness, etc. Just, "pray".

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

My read of this sort of thing, is that there is an awful lot of misinformation, from all sides of every single debate, issue, or talking point. The left and right squabble and jostle for support, the power players pull their strings, and there is an awful lot about the whole process, which is entirely constructed of nonsense, and obfuscatory twaddle.

It is, therefore, hard to know for those who are not necessarily familiar with utilising their logic centres consciously, where the truth may lie. The reality of life in the developed world, is that we have a vast amount of access to data, but there are many people who do not know how to accurately and effectively sift it for the nuggets of reality within it. The only tools a human mind has, which can give one confidence in ones beliefs, are either the tools of an enquiring and critical mind, or the sort of ignorant bloody mindedness which can see a person believe the sky is the ground, and that the compass points either tomato, or fishcakes, depending on which direction one is facing.

Unfortunately, there seem to be many more of the latter, than the former of those two, wandering about the place. This results in narratives being created and absorbed in totality, as long as they suit the mindset and the poorly thought out beliefs of those who adopt them. In effect, although there are many things about the way governments operate which ARE clearly shady and wrong, people often misidentify certain aspects of government, of politics, of the issues themselves, to the detriment of discourse on these subjects, and inded the quality of any voting bloc which might seek to assist the nations population, in choosing Presidents and Prime Ministers, local council members, an indeed things as simple as the best insurance policy for them, or the best brand of orange juice to buy.

No Christian worth their salt puts all that much faith in human endeavour, especially at government level, because of course, no Christian ought to be satisfied by the rule of a weak, flawed human being, because they have only God and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as their masters, and seek and require no other. However, calling Obama the Antichrist is easily as stupid as calling him the second coming, and unfortunately, those who cannot see these things for themselves, likely as not, will continue to absorb, and talk absolute crap, as nice as they might be. A lack of intellectual capacity is a big problem, and an unsolvable one I am afraid.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

With the success of the internet ,yt and the like it can have it's good and not so good parts . Much like the bible if not looked into and understood properly .911 and the number of interpretations to the event is like the many denominations and their interpenetration's of the bible . One of the larger series on You Tube that I eventually got around to watching was the Know Your Enemy series .77 or more of them . www.youtube.com... We are told that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but principalities and powers in high places .

One of the subjects we don't have tons of info in the bible about is .esoteric knowledge . Like what is on the US dollar and why we see or can see certain symbolism if we know what to look for becomes a important key and so the 10 year old may be light years ahead of where you or I am at . We know they are real and the more you become acquainted with them the easier they are to spot . www.youtube.com...

There is a big difference between the institution of Govt. and the powers behind them .At this time in our history it's easy to see examples of how leaders are removed not by the people but by powers working covertly behind the scenes . This is a fact and the confessions of a economic hit man lays it all out to understand and see .www.youtube.com...

Understanding the world in which we live in is important because of what Jesus said . Do not be deceived .The invasion of Iraq for none existent WMD's was only possible because of MSM and our political leaders willing to do what they were told by the shadowy powers behind them .I don't think our Govt.'s did it but was well planned by Corporations and the people within them .Like the Banks that were too big to fail ,the Corporations control it all down from their high places . That little 10 year old that probably knows more about this then you or I may end up being the generation that finally causes Babylon to fall .

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Given the massive irony of Christendom being basically it's own special little conspiracy, I find it funny that certain (often dubious) conspiracy theories are starting to get mainstream in certain sects of evangelical Christianity. You oughta see the stuff my friends post on Facebook. Or maybe not, because it's probably the same stuff YOUR friends post on Facebook. (The day I see Lizard People posted in seriousness by someone who is otherwise sensible... well, I don't know what I'd do. Either laugh really hard or have a serious talk with the person about the direction their life is headed.)

Now I'm going to give a stranger advice! As for your bible study... Some years ago, a friend of mine shared with me some bogus newagey 2012 video by that blonde guy with the weird forehead, and I can't find it on google anymore. Instead of just ignoring it, or saying yeah cool bro, 2012!! I actually took the bull by the horns and started telling him about actual well-established esoteric stuff instead. Healing the misinformation. Maybe next time your people have their bible study, you could do similarly. They are looking for answers, because they have begun to believe their lying eyes, but they're not quite sure what the hell they're looking at. It's a good thing gone the wrong way, and you can put it right.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Phototropic because: generalizations are bad.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It sounds like these church people are informed enough to understand our government sells the American public out most all the time. It is good to know that there are even 10 yr olds who take interest in more than games. There was a memo declassified couple years ago that showed FDR knew or at least pushed the Japanese to attack. That memo is the McCollum memo. The 911 attack was staged, with our government and the Israeli government the brainchild behind it. The basic scenario had been proposed years before by our Department of Defence to start war with Cuba. That would be Operation Northwoods and also was tried by Israel in the Lavon affair. The attack on the USS Liberty will show how our government does not care how many Americans die, if it serves to benefit them.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

A suggestion on presentation.

Break your paragraph into digestable bits - use space. I couldn't get through your post because I need space to digest what I've read and others may not even try when confronted with a huge block of text.

S&F for effort.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't know if it's the teaching or the times we are in today, I have kids and was raised Roman Catholic, but over the past few decades my views have changed on many items that you touched on.

Conspiracies which the best way I can explain to my kids is this. Conspiracies start when people ask legitimate questions and are not given an answer or a answer that you know is just BS. As I explain to my kids its the world we live in today, people are not forth coming with there answers as easy as they were back some time ago, because they are afraid someone will twist their words around for their own agenda.

Which brings me to this, during school back in the 70's I had asked a question about a book I had read, old sister Mary and her ruler were never so kind to my back side because I mixed science and religion together, so that was my first taste of what I believed was a cover up about the bible. (long story)

Over the years I have seen and heard many things, which leads to my beliefs and values of today, I don't think it is the teaching but the experiences and the culmination on what's happening around us, and your right social media don't help like the commercial on TV says "Everything on the internet is True"

top topics

join