It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Wants to be able to Vote Out Supreme Court Justices

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: michaelbrux

…at present, the United States isn't involved in any 'Wars'.

Hides bloody sleeves beneath table.

Technically he is right. For America to be in a war congress has to declare war and they haven't done that.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: intrptr

…at present, the United States isn't involved in any 'Wars'.

Hides bloody sleeves beneath table.

Technically he is right. For America to be in a war congress has to declare war and they haven't done that.

They just look the other way every time they pass another 'defense' bill.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

that wasn't a threat, its just my way of pointing out that most people want to believe in lies.

and that the persons that told those lies or believes in them are going to be found out and that America is not responsible in any way for all these things that have occurred.

its only a matter of time.

as far as Ted Cruz, he's decided that the Legislative Branch should attempt to increase its own power by diminishing the Judicial Branch by subjecting it to the will of voters; the same group of people that voted for a President and even before he took the oath of office began calling for his impeachment.

this Nation and all of its institutions are under an unprecedented assault against its Sovereignty and now its coming from the Legislature and from candidates for public office; I just expect that soon the culprits will be brought into the light and their motivations and influences exposed.

Even if Cruz got what he wanted...would Justices become the target of smear campaigns and participate in political compromises and back office deals and horse trading?

Would candidates for the Supreme Court have to conform themselves to the understanding of the Constitution of the average voter...a 20 years old auto mechanic or pastry chef? is that who Ted Cruz would give dominion over the highest court in the land?

its a good thing that at least One institution is out of the reach of the masses; as it is clear what they would create if given the opportunity.
edit on 28-6-2015 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i'm not even trying to be technically correct...America, while He does cast a Projection unmatched in History, is not at war with anyone in fact...and only assists other States in achieving their national security objectives...

beliefs contrary to the above truth are just illusions.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

this Nation and all of its institutions are under an unprecedented assault against its Sovereignty and now its coming from the Legislature and from candidates for public office; I just expect that soon the culprits will be brought into the light and their motivations and influences exposed.

Yes. And it's called the tea party.

*liw runs from room and goes back to her corner*

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

is this tea party the source or just a disposable tool?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
if Ted Cruz gets his way, elections, what's to prevent the composition of the Supreme Court from looking something like this:

Judge Marilyn Milian
Judge Joe Brown
Judge Mills Lane
Judge Mathis
Judge Hatchett
Chief Judge Larry Joe Doherty
Judge Alex
Judge David Young
Judge Jeanine Pirro

all great people, but surely its a possibility...its almost as if Ted Cruz has decided Congress' actions shouldn't be subject to Judicial review.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux

is this tea party the source or just a disposable tool?

Good question. Why don't you give us your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I just see butt hurt crying baby. That is what I see. No. I say we make a law that Ted Cruise has to move away and shut his mouth.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Logarock

You're doing nothing but side-stepping, and not doing it very well. Muddying the water as it were.

America is a place where the Founders structured our Constitution to insure, late or soon, that all citizens are treated equitably before the law, regardless of their race, sex, religion, national origin (or any other arbitrary difference one wishes to mention).

That is the issue at hand.

Marriage (as a legal contract with state-mandated benefits, rights and privileges) has been variously offered to American citizens based on their sex.

SCOTUS corrected that long-standing yesterday. That's the end of it.

You will find the real muddying done by Chief Justice and clabber heads that haven't even read his comment on the ruling. Its crap legal handling and BS precedent.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

I just see butt hurt crying baby. That is what I see. No. I say we make a law that Ted Cruise has to move away and shut his mouth.

I second that.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

i think the Tea Party is disposable, like a douche or a razor...

i think it belongs to religious institutions with headquarters in Europe and Asia.

i think all candidates for President should be required to fight a professional just to become a candidate...some of them should be made to know what it's like to get hit in their mouths, perhaps then they'd watch the words they utter.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So conservatives are SOOO posterior-pained about this recent ruling, that they're trying to change the constitution itself?

HAH.

They're just as bad as the far left progressives they claim to be better than.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Damn Cruz is an idiot. The whole REASON justices can't be voted out to begin with is so to minimize partisan politics from causing undue bias on the SC.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"The sanctity of the Constitution must be maintained! Any change to the 2nd Amendment would mean the end of America!"

"The scantity of Marriage must be maintained! We have to change the Constitution to reflect that or it will mean the end of America!"

Far Right Conservatives, everyone!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

the butt pain is being caused by the realization of a sudden loss of political power and influence. same sex marriage is just a symbol.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBRiddle
First we get a Constitutional Amendment Passed that Limits Justices to 10 or 20 years Terms of office and limit the Justices to only 1 term. Then we simply make it where the justices are chosen by election. Take the power away from the Senate and the President. And in the event a justice dies we simply have a vote for a new one next election.

That doesn't work, it becomes a very bad thing if you turn judges into politicians, which is precisely what happens if you make them campaign for an election.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join