It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman passed away?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Jesus christ just tell me this is straight up wrong. My cousin swears he just read an article about Stanton Friedman passing away. I told him don't believe every focking thing you see on the internet, and prove it. I couldn't find ANY evidence of this online. Tell me you also find the same, that there is no indication of his passing. This would be a huge atom bomb dropped on UFOlogy. Tell me my cousin and I are idiots.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I haven't found anything. There was a Stanton Friedman from Pennsylvania who passed in 2011. But not the ufology one, so that guy might show up if you google stanton Friedman under obituary.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yeah I found someone under 2011 as well, which obviously doesn't jive with something present. I am beginning to feel better about this claim as I type. I see no evidence of this being true. I probably posted in haste, but I wanted the quickest answers possible and I knew I could get that here. I think this is a false alarm at this point.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

He's alive and kicking from what i've read, i know he had a heart attack last year but he's still around. I am curious though, was this article from facebook per chance?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
As of June 9th 2015 he is still kicking. This was the last time he updated his personal website.....

www.stantonfriedman.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hoax bin please...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Hoax bin please...

Why?
The OP is a question, not a statement claiming to be fact.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Stanton and I correspond by email semi-regularly as a result of my research into the Hill-Fish star map. By the way he and I began corresponding a result of me posting my research on ATS which he saw and found interesting as he said no serious astronomers had really looked that closely at the star map in decades.

As far as I know he is still alive and kicking and he recently sent me the following books autographed by himself as well as Betty Hill's niece Kathleen Marden which i received by mail I think back in March or April:

On a personal note Stanton has always been very helpful when I've had any questions even though I flat out told him from the outset that i was a skeptic (albeit an open minded one). He helped me locate certain notes between Marjorie Fish (the woman who looked for plausible matches among nearby stars by building physical models of our small portion of the galaxy) and Betty Hill herself.

We've had great conversations and debates back and forth with both of us learning things we did not previously know. For instance he did not know that NASA had turned down the Kepler mission 5 times from the time it was first proposed by William Borucki in the 1980s before it was eventually launched in 2009. Something he mentioned he might include in his "Science was wrong." lectures.

If he has passed away he will truly be missed. Somehow I doubt he has passed but I can check if you want?

top topics

join