It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cop fired for wearing confederate flag underwear

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

We usally don't see eye to eye on things but can't see much wrong with what you said.

I agree if you want to fly it then go crazy, just get it off our gov buildings.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I wonder if we talked face to face if we'd agree more often.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus what happened to taking responsibility for your actions? Not apply in this case?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Maybe not the wisest decision that the officer has made in his life, but still a bit over the top.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Chief Eddie Driggers issues a termination letter to the officer, Sgt. Shannon Dildine, saying the photo undermines the officer’s “ability to improve trust and instill confidence when working with our citizens.”

Pretty sure they've all done enough "Undermining" lately that 1 stupid FaceBook picture seen by only a few is going to have little affect.
Stupid as it may be, I don't think it justified firing him. Especially when you consider all the other bull#$it they've been getting away with.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

He should have been yelling "stop resisting!" then he would just be on paid leave!!! (sorry couldn't resist)

I don't think he should be fired for that. Pretty stupid reason in my opinion, seems more to me like they were looking for a reason to fire this guy and just used this.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You guys need to sort your s##t out, very slowly America is becoming like George Orwell's 1984 or the movie Equilibrium.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Huh?

Shoot a person unnarmed, get off scott free, wear the latest fashion faux pas, get fired?!

Priorities people..priorities.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yes.
Cops in California can beat an unarmed man to death and get away with it.... underwear choice merits a firing.

The inmates are running the asylum.
edit on b000000302015-06-27T06:04:51-05:0006America/ChicagoSat, 27 Jun 2015 06:04:51 -0500600000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Good. He would've gotten fired (or fired & interrogated) if he took pictures with an ISIS or al-Qaeda flag, too. And the Confederate States of America killed far more Americans than al-Qaeda & ISIS combined. So I have no problem with this.
I assume you feel the same way about the Union Jack?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If an individual thinks that the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism - they are a racist for thinking that way.

"We must learn to live together as brothers or we we will perish together as fools" - Martin Luther King.

Q: Why wasn't this an issue for ship-for-brains politicians and the butt-hurt PC crowd before that idiot went berserk on the 9 people in the church?

A: What did Obama say about the Aussie gun grab again? I keep tell you all - death by a thousand cuts

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Confederate boxers aside, I have to question the man's ability to serve the public if he's the sort of person to take a picture of himself in his boxers and post it on Facebook.

What sort of respectable adult man does that?

I understand this is the new age of narcissism and selfies, but since when do grown men do this sort of thing?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Confederate boxers aside, I have to question the man's ability to serve the public if he's the sort of person to take a picture of himself in his boxers and post it on Facebook.

What sort of respectable adult man does that?

I understand this is the new age of narcissism and selfies, but since when do grown men do this sort of thing?

What if it wasn't boxers, but a swim suit? After all, a swim suit is just a pair of waterproof underwear. Would that be OK?

Frankly, I think the guy is a fool for doing it, but, he does have protection for freedom of speech (at least I believe he does). I may not agree with his personal stance on racial integration (or lack thereof), but I will not be party to suppressing his right to express that belief. If I did, I would be a hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

He can say what he wants and post pictures of himself online wearing what he wants. That is not what I was addressing.

Perhaps it is the kind of person that I am, but I have to question why a grown man would post pics of himself on facebook wearing boxers, swimsuit, whatever.

A teenage boy? Sure. A grown ass man? Why?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I am not for taking down the American flag, just playing Devil's Advocate to your response.

While I don't think the rebel flag (why does nobody call it this anymore?) should not be flown over any government buildings, I also don't think someone should be fired for their boxers.

Although, with everything going on right now, he should have known better.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I bet he's an ats member.

LOL

Which one of you is it?

Another idiot getting fired because of Facebook smh.

This whole flag thing has gotten out of hand.
edit on 27-6-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
You guys need to sort your s##t out, very slowly America is becoming like George Orwell's 1984 or the movie Equilibrium.

"Very slowly" isn't how I would describe it.

Of course, there are those (usually those who support this practice of punishing free thought) who would claim that anyone who felt this way was paranoid, or guilty of something just for insinuating an Orwellian tilt to today's societal fascism.

At the rate these types of events are progressing, the mere suggestion that society is becoming Orwellian in nature and practice, will soon result in mandatory public shaming, re-education, incarceration, or all of the above, to those making said suggestion.
edit on 6/27/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The person who made the flag clearly said it was a flag for the surpioror race, that it was the white man's flag.

Sorry but you have to willfully ignorant to take the stance that it only represents heritage.

You think mlk would have defended that flag?

Since you want to quote him on this issue.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Was it Orwellian when the girl was fired from subway for her thoughts?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm not familiar with the story you're referring to, but no, I do not believe that anyone should be fired for their thoughts or beliefs. If they execute the job faithfully and properly, why should they be fired?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join