It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cop fired for wearing confederate flag underwear

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
A North Charleston SC cop was fired for posting a picture of him wearing confederate flag underwear to his facebook.

Ok cops can do just about anything and get away with it. They can choke someone to death in the middles of the street, shoot and kill an unarmed 12 year old, beat a woman on the side of the freeway, shoot your dog and taze 12 year old kids, take drugs on video ,and still keep their jobs.

This just seems so ridiculous that this is what gets one fired.

police Chief Eddie Driggers issues a termination letter to the officer, Sgt. Shannon Dildine, saying the photo undermines the officer’s “ability to improve trust and instill confidence when working with our citizens.”

“Your posting in this manner led to you being publicly identified as a North Charleston Police officer and associated both you and the Department with an image that symbolizes hate and oppression to a significant portion of the citizens we are sworn to serve,” Driggers wrote.

Dildine has ten days to appeal the decision

link

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but that is just madness.

This PC crap is out of control.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Boxers thank God !!!!

I am just relieved it wasn't briefs .
edit on 26-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Coming to a neighborhood near you... The Ministry of Thought.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As a government employee it was poor judgement to post a photo of himself in his underwear in the first place.

And if he didn't take it down as soon as the shootings happened he's an idiot.

If he posted it since that happened he's a complete idiot.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It has nothing to do with pc, it has to do with company policy.

I bet you were ok with the girl that got fired from subway for trash talking cops.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Good. He would've gotten fired (or fired & interrogated) if he took pictures with an ISIS or al-Qaeda flag, too. And the Confederate States of America killed far more Americans than al-Qaeda & ISIS combined. So I have no problem with this.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The man could have shot someone in the back and would have kept is job, what kind of idiot post himself with boxer shorts on facebook, dude did not deserve to lose is job for being an idiot.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Metallicus

It has nothing to do with pc, it has to do with company policy.

I bet you were ok with the girl that got fired from subway for trash talking cops.

symbolizes hate and oppression to a significant portion of the citizens we are sworn to serve

Okay then so the Confederate flag is basically the swastika now. Got it.

Careful anyone putting pics of you on FB, etc,with anything related to the flag or the Confederacy, you will be fired for hate crime promotion.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Didn't the Union kill Americans as well?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatmakesyouright

Didn't the Union kill Americans as well?

Which Americans? The Confederacy denounced its membership in the USA, so they weren't American citizens anymore. They were literally a foreign country with their own money (each state had its own money), own President, own Constitution, own legislatures, and own armies (each state had a separate army). Then they besieged & conquered US military bases that were on their territory. And that's before they invaded the remaining States in the USA. And they would've remained a separate country if they would've won the war.

Them quitting the United States is no different than American citizens renouncing their American citizenships to become Vietnamese citizens, then attacking the United States. They would be traitors & treated as such.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Well it is close, the flag has hijacked and now has a tainted reputation.

Can you say with a straight face that flag isn't championed by those that want this nation to be segregated again?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You assumed I was talking about the South?

New York City draft riots for one.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: whatmakesyouright

Correct. I assumed that (cough cough because you didn't clarify it & I was talking about the Confederacy in the post you replied to cough). Nevertheless, I shouldn't have made an assumption, so that's your point.

Though if you're going to use that as an argument about distancing ourselves from the American flag (which is what my posts are about): the American flag during the Civil War was the 33 star version, then the 34 star version, then the 35 star version. Not the current 50 star flag (check the years for which flag was used in a given year). So the flags that existed at the time of that riot & the other race riots during the Civil War are only in museums & personal collections now. Exactly where the Confederate flag should be.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well it is close, the flag has hijacked and now has a tainted reputation.

Can you say with a straight face that flag isn't championed by those that want this nation to be segregated again?

No doubt but the same people also wave the American flag as well and utilize many other symbols such as associated with-Celtic, Nordic paganism, the South as a whole, etc. It's been tainted for a while, but all the sudden there's a nail in the coffin for it. That leaves the other symbols, are they next, and Southern heritage?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

This is ridiculous, there are real issues cops need to be fired for, not this.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

“Your posting in this manner led to you being publicly identified as a North Charleston Police officer and associated both you and the Department with an image that symbolizes hate and oppression to a significant portion of the citizens we are sworn to serve,” Driggers wrote.

Wow!!!!
They should fire the whole North Charleston SC Police department.... because nowadays when people see cops wearing badges, camo, hoods, guns etc...as well it symbolizes hate and oppression!!!!

FIRE THEM ALL!!!

and I hope the dude in the dixie garb sues the hell out of them : P

edit on 27-6-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I did a little research into how this flag of a rebel nation was allowed to fly over government buildings in the first place.

From what I've read it only goes back to the late 50's anti de-segregation and anti Civil Rights movement.

So, in the case of flying the confederate flags over state capitol buildings it just leads to some racist BS.

Not heritage, not anything but racism directed strictly at black Americans. SMH.

I understand that the flag means different things to different people, to some it really does stand for Heritage, Pride, what have you.

Great! Fly it on your car, fly it in your yard, heck, tattoo it on your forehead, that's freedom of speech.

However, it has no place in ANY official capacity. The origins of it's use in an official capacity are rooted in jim crow era, dixiecrat racism from the 50's and 60's.

Leave it on the Dukes of Hazard toys though, after all, they were just good ol boys never meanin no harm.
edit on 27-6-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Sremmos80

I did a little research into how this flag of a rebel nation was allowed to fly over government buildings in the first place.

From what I've read it only goes back to the late 50's anti de-segregation and anti Civil Rights movement.

So, in the case of flying the confederate flags over state capitol buildings it just leads to some racist BS.

Not heritage, not anything but racism directed strictly at black Americans. SMH.

I understand that the flag means different things to different people, to some it really does stand for Heritage, Pride, what have you.

Great! Fly it on your car, fly it in your yard, heck, tattoo it on your forehead, that's freedom of speech.

However, it has no place in ANY official capacity. The origins of it's use in an official capacity are rooted in jim crow era, dixiecrat racism from the 50's and 60's.

Leave it on the Dukes of Hazard toys though, after all, they were just good ol boys never meanin no harm.

Yep yep yep! But you have to remember something, public schools in the South don't teach any of this. So many of the younger generations have never heard of this.

They also don't teach about the "Massive Resistance", which was one of the conservative movements against the Civil Rights Movement, particularly against integration. It was Virginia's program and it went hand in hand with the info you researched & mentioned in your post. Other states had similar programs, which makes it more obvious that they were all a part of the same cultural backlash against the Civil Rights Movement. Many people in the South are still old enough to remember these policies, so we should never assume they're all ignorant to this. Many of them speak of heritage even though they already know the truth.

Massive Resistance
Massive Resistance - wikipedia

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Because some kid decided to go shoot up a church while parading that flag around.

<<   2  3 >>

join