It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrong church...Wrong People.....Wrong Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I saw this banner at the church services today, wrong church, wrong people, wrong day. What exactly does this mean?

Is there a right church?
Is there a right people?
Is there a right Day???

So we all know what happened at that church, that people, that day.
www.dailymail.co.uk... mforter-chief.html

So what exactly does this banner/ sign mean?

I wonder what people , what church and what day is RIGHT for what happened???

Who paid for this Sign? Why this Sign??

Does anyone else think this is weird??

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think you are reading to much into it. Why would you care who paid for it for instance? I find that really odd.

It's a message to the killer, or at least it seems that way to me. It seems completely appropriate.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It looks like:

WRONG
CHURCH!

WRONG
PEOPLE!

WRONG
DAY!

So it looks like defiance, or almost anger, rather than saying pick another church.. Maybe it's a call to action, or maybe it's bravado. Seems pretty normal.. I think it's dumb, but seems normal nonetheless.

I liked scrolling through all the pictures rather than just looking at a sign.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Perhaps that church has a large group of Conceal carry members?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

I am in no way, shape, or form against gun rights, but I find the thought of a bunch of armed, Christian conservatives absolutely terrifying.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It's kind of like saying "You picked the wrong day to [do something vexing/evil]," or "you picked the wrong guy to mess with!" There is no right day to do [whatever vexing/evil thing], nor is there a right guy for our unidentified subject to mess with. It's just a turn of phrase.

Have a good day.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
As a white person I get absolute chills and feel sick to my stomach every time I see this story. How can a human being be so filled with hate that he kills someone just because of the colour of their skin

As for the sign, I think it is an attempt to rationalise the grief of those poor people who have lost their loved ones. i.e. It's a twist on the old 'wrong place at the wrong time' saying.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phototropic
It's kind of like saying "You picked the wrong day to [do something vexing/evil]," or "you picked the wrong guy to mess with!" There is no right day to do [whatever vexing/evil thing], nor is there a right guy for our unidentified subject to mess with. It's just a turn of phrase.

Have a good day.

Exactly

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

I am in no way, shape, or form against gun rights, but I find the thought of a bunch of armed, Christian conservatives absolutely terrifying.

Why, exactly, do you find that terrifying?

It's unfair to paint all of us with the same color paintbrush, like the media is so fond of doing.

I don't find the idea of a group of armed, atheist progressives absolutely terrifying..

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

It's unfair to paint all of us with the same color paintbrush, like the media is so fond of doing.

I don't find the idea of a group of armed, atheist progressives absolutely terrifying..

But you are accepting , diverse, and tolerant. The exact opposite of progressives these days.
edit on 27-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

They did in Germany.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Texcin

Who paid for this Sign? Why this Sign??

Does anyone else think this is weird??

I think it's kind of weird. There are a bunch of flags on the stage too. I don't know what they all represent either.

The funeral was a major media event and photo-op. Hard to conclude that the sign is for the benefit of the shooter. It's not like he's running around at large or anything.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Then you should be very afraid of the U.S. army. I was in a drastic minority when I served being a liberal and an atheist while I think it's a safe estimate to say that 90% of my compatriots were Christian conservatives. It didn't make me fearful though. Most of them had been shooting since they were barely out of diapers and very more well versed in firearms safety than anyone else on the range. Id definitely take my chances with them over some of the random mentally ill people who seem hell bent on mass killings the past few decades.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, if I was a church-goer, I would find it very comforting to know that some of the folks in the audience were carrying, especially my pastor.

There are a lot of Christian haters out there, Muslim haters, Black haters, White Haters, Immigrant haters, and haters of all kinds. Haters do crazy things when the hate cuts to their soul.

Even Peter drew his sword and cut the soldier's ear off that was attempting to harass his brothers.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It was an innocent slave......not a soldier.....an incredibly ironic comparison considering the context.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

It was an innocent slave......not a soldier.....an incredibly ironic comparison considering the context.

Innocent?? Really? "And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people." The servant of the chief priest no doubt was carrying a sword or club of his own. Innocent? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So what you're saying is... you're not against gun rights unless they're exercised by people you disagree with?

Are you aware that the vast majority of gun owners are Christian and Conservative? That must make you pants-wettingly terrified.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The person was a slave.....not a soldier, not a priest priest, not a decision maker but someone under servitude who had no choice but to do what they were told to do. So when good ol righteous and brave Paul decided to mutilate the slave, he chose a weak and vulnerable target........like a true coward...

If church goers take that tale as something to aspire to......well......maybe them carrying is very troublesome indeed...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Texcin
Wrong church, wrong people. I would call it wrong BRANDING. Why can YOU not like more than just ONE CHURCH; say I/you want to be a member of the Southern Baptists and Catholics and Mormons. I/you hold all tenants and believe in them equally valid; they as belief systems have proven themselves (why is this not possible); for whatever reason humans get behind a belief system that they spiritually think will save or protect them ; (from what, themselves). I can go the grocery store and deliberately be BRAND UNLOYAL. I will buy Crest AND Colgate toothpastes. What is the problem? I can be a Christian and a Buddhist (at the same time); WHO ORDAINS I CANNOT BE BOTH; I resonate with each. Its not an either or. I am a gnostic so I believe in nothing but the truth and religious dogma has its problems regarding how it manipulates its constituencies.

edit on 8-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the info!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join