It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Investment In Israel Has Dropped By 50%

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Not sure that BDS are actually responsible for this decrease in FDI. Not saying that they are not, just don't think it's so unambiguous.

Many other countries had a big decrease in FDI inflow in 2014:

(The figures represent millions)

Source

I'm not saying it's unrelated in any way, but I think the BDS can't really take the credit for this decrease in FDI.
For every country there are some good years and some bad years.
Then again, I could be wrong. Is there a statistic that shows the actual economic damage that BDS does to Israel?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

And what about the 100 Million Native Americans that were annihilated by - Christians?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

And what about the 100 Million Native Americans that were annihilated by - Christians?

Was all that really about Christianity?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Was all that really about Christianity?

Well, it sure wasn't about tolerance and acceptance, now, was it?

The early Christians who came here led to the nation's development. If you are unaware of the wholesale slaughter of nearly an entire demographic in the aftermath, then perhaps a history review would help.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Many would argue it was about land and resources and $$$.

And I know all about the historical parts.

Some direct proof-evidence of Christianity being the major part of it would help that argument.

There were people of other "religions' involved too.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Many would argue it was about land and resources and $$$.

And how does that erase the fact that they were "Christians"?

That it was a "Christian" president named W who said "God told him to invade and kill"?

Hint: It doesn't.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

And how does that erase the fact that they were "Christians"?

Before a person is a Christian, they are simply a person-and after they are Christian, they are still only a person/s.
Do you mean to say that the Natives were all murdered in the name of Christianity? I'm certain not all of those people were Christian, but even if they were.. they didn't do what they did in the name of Christianity.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

O dear what a shame..........my heart bleeds......

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RobinB022

Do you mean to say that the Natives were all murdered in the name of Christianity?

Lots of them, yes.

I'm certain not all of those people were Christian, but even if they were..

The earliest English/Dutch pilgrims were Christians.

they didn't do what they did in the name of Christianity.

Ah, you are right. They did it wearing the mantle of Christianity, and IN SPITE of what Jesus allegedly taught. They decided the inhabitants they supplanted were 'savages'. Oh wait - GODLESS savages. So, well - you know.......
Native American/Gay. Same same. They decided to annihilate them.

It was empire building, under whatever banner or flag was most influential at the time.

Now we have ISIS. Decimating entire populations - innocent people - for what?
Some say it's about land a resources and $$$.

Others say it's about religion.

I say it doesn't make one bit of difference. People are hating, killing, despairing, having strokes, threatening others - and it IS IN THE NAME of religion.

Wake up.

edit on 6/28/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm awake.

It's the fault of the people, not the fault of religion.
Religion is good, but people that use it for bad have only themselves to blame-not religion itself.

It's like blaming a gun for killing a person, when we know it was the person who pulled the trigger.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Sorry for the late response. My "myATS" hasn't been updating many of the threads I've posted in.

But were the Native Americans killed over Christianity or over greed? It was the desire to steal land & exploit the resources of that land that was the cause, not religion. Just because a killer claims a certain religion doesn't mean the religion is the cause of their crime. Otherwise, we have to use the same logic and blame atheism for every crime committed by any communist (like Lenin, Stalin & Mao); blame Buddhism & Shinto for the crimes of Imperial Japan; etc.

And who do we blame for crimes committed by non-practicing "believers"? Do we say their diversion from religion is the cause of their crime or their knowledge of religion is the cause? Neither. Negative desires are the cause of the negativity in the world, not religion. Even if all religion was erased right now, wars, genocides, rapes, child abuse, spousal abuse, robberies, racism, and every other major atrocity would continue.

EDIT: Just saw your post about ISIS. I just want to point this out: According to the World Health Organization, tobacco products killed more than 100 million people in the 20th Century. And global tobacco usage is even higher today than ever before, with an estimate of 1 billion smokers globally. Tobacco Facts. And most estimates show that 200,000 to 250,000 people die yearly from illegal drug overdoses.

ISIS, on the other hand, hasn't killed anywhere close to that number. According to the UN, there were 11,602 civilians killed and 21,766 wounded by ISIS in 2014. Here's an article on it and here's the detailed pdf.

So if we go by the actual facts, tobacco executives & the illegal drug industry kill far more people than ISIS. So what religion are we going to blame for that? Or is the cause human greed?
edit on 5-7-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added something. i blame... hmmm... who should i blame? obama? nah. i blame mugabe & trump

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Most of those countries listed do not depend on foreign direct investment for their existence, but Israel do.
edit on 7/15/2015 by coolieno99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I bet GCHQ have a big ass file on you. They'll be coming at you like it was V for Vendetta and then there will be war on the streets against you hipster Muslims and they'll unleash the robots and the advanced drones on your asses.

There'll be no resistance from terrorist cells with 20th century technology. Submit or die ignominiously to crushing despair.

The British Muslims will probably be rapping about it, just about until the terminators start showing up with advanced weaponry and target systems. All offenders will have their bodies bio electrical field and functions controlled by nano swarms and even alchemical science targeting the subtle energies.

Only a true Nirmāṇakāya of the three times could hope to avert such a case.

Otherwise, do as Iron Maiden says, run to the hills as the reapers of life cometh. The judgement and the fury of the most wrathful of emanations.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Scary.

Too bad that none of that amounts to the power of my Creator.

I won't be shaking in my boots anytime soon.

Btw, what makes you think I'm a hipster?
I'm not, but I'm curious as to your claim.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Just stereotyping a bit because of the way young people these days act, harmless hyperbole.

I wonder though.. who is this god of yours that you would kneel before with such relish? Do you even know? Do you have the experience and the wisdom of knowing it?

There are vastly more levels to this thing than what you might imagine with a good god and a bad Shaitan. As far as traditions Islam is perhaps one of the poorest ones for achieving any kind of enlightenment, only the Sufis seem to have managed and they're suppressed by other evil minded Muslims. That is a heresy you can complain about. Your life is naught not by the commands of any outside force but by the merit and the inner awakening and blossoming of the Buddha nature through thousands of lives.

You can keep grasping for the exoteric teachings of the masses propagated by orthodox priests that don't even practice or you can realize the limitations for advancement. Hafiz didn't particularly identify as Muslim specifically when he came of age. Enjoying the hash and the wine would just about do the same as praying in the direction of Mecca for a lifetime(do you have full understanding of what you are empowering here?). Nothing wrong with coasting and enjoying things but if you want the end results of religion you employ one of the higher vehicles of Buddhism. That'll get you somewhere. But you're combative and probably from the mean streets of Essex so perhaps you wanna flirt with Muslim extremism.. Crowley would do you better and I'm not particularly a fan of him. I think the raving lunatic at the mental hospital could produce equal pearls of wisdom. Either way, I don't particularly care either.

Take care... aren't you supposed to be worrying about the Apocalypse by the way? What is your take on that? You're clever around the boards but it doesn't seem like you really believe in such fantastical things.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm from West London, not Essex.

Just an FYI.

As to the apocalypse, I believe not only is it subjective to each individual, I also have my own belief that it is in regards to the spiritual essence rather than a physical event.

I have my own reasons for this, but a diatribe is not necessary unless someone makes a thread about it.

As for not discussing it on the boards, that goes back to my belief that it's individual to the person.
For example, the cities ISIS have overrun must believe the apocalypse has begun...

But living cushy in London with an iPhone and relative peace and comfort, I cannot make such a claim.

So I'd suggest it's individually subjective.

edit on 16-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Such wishy washy faith in the Abrahamic tradition end game. Have you not noticed the perfect storm brewing since coming on the site?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Not really, since early 2011 the only substantial change to the site has been less patience in the UFO forums.

Everything else seems like the same old same old. IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join