It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Investment In Israel Has Dropped By 50%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yup. I didn't see this posted already - so, mods, do whatever......

Foreign Investment In Israel Has Dropped By 50% Since The Last War In Gaza

Hmm.

I say, Good.

The most pressing question about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is what can possibly be done to end it.
Erm...ummm...stop giving them money?

For the past decade, many in the international community have come to back the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement, which aims to use economic pressure to compel Israel to end the occupation of Palestinian territories, the key issue that keeps the conflict going.

But, but ------ they are "demanding" 45 billion dollars from the US, as I understand.....????????????

This huge decrease in foreign investment should send a message to the Israeli public – that continued wars with their neighbors and an inability to resolve the issue in a just way will have real impacts on the paychecks and pocketbooks of average Israelis.

In my opinion? It's about time.

I am sick and tired of the "Ohh, dear sweet Israel" song. No. We don't 'owe' them anything more. They have proven that they can't manage their own affairs in an intelligent matter.

Good Gawd, I'm SO TIRED of this crap.

What are your thoughts, ATS? Israel is a wayward son - and Netanyahu is a war-monger. If HE IS WHO the people of Israel want to have in charge, then, well - more power to them. But I do not see ANY REASON that the USA taxpayers need to send them any freaking money, when our own country is falling apart.

Do you? What do you think??

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

BDS! BDS! BDS! It took economic sanctions, diplomatic isolation, and internal dissent & resistance to stop Apartheid in South Africa. And unfortunately, it looks like it's taking the same thing to stop the occupation of Palestinian lands.

Hopefully when I'm an old fart, I can tell my future grandkids about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in a past tense. Until then, BDS!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think war criminals and their funders should be drawn and quartered, their headquarters besieged & their army decimated.

BDS, while admirable and effective, is too pacifist for my liking.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Poetic justice....hopefully the Jews in Israel will eradicate the Zionist maggots in their government which make this planet miserable.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thanks, participants.

I was completely disgusted by "Bibi" when he actually got up and walked out of the UN assembly when Ahmadinejad got up to speak.

I thought, "What?! Is he eleven?" It made me sick that a grown man would do such a thing. And - why is Israel NOT a signatory on the International Atomic Energy Thing?

This whole thing is disgusting. I don't give a crap about Abrahamic superstitions. It's time this world made peace with...

itself. WHY can we not stop this? And I don't mean "we" as in citizens of the USA. I mean "we" as a global, influential specie of mammal.......

????????????

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
They might be purposely discouraging foreign investment.

Many here in the U.S. cry about foreign investment exploiting.

Israeli businesses probably want as much as they can get for themselves.

The merchant/banker complex runs that country just like here.

The 'complaining" might be a red herring.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I think war criminals and their funders should be drawn and quartered, their headquarters besieged & their army decimated.

BDS, while admirable and effective, is too pacifist for my liking.

The problem with armed resistance in this case is that Israel has all of the weapons. Like literally, they have access to all of the best Western weapons. And you see that no country has the willpower to stop them militarily, even when they're blowing up UN schools, neighborhoods, and Palestinian government buildings. They had Yasser Arafat in something like a 1 year siege & nobody stopped them then, either.

So people have to use BDS tactics against them. Otherwise, there's no way that colleges & universities in America (for example) would be allowed to openly oppose them. By that, I mean it's ok right now for American student unions & faculty to push BDS against Israel. But there's no way our government would allow us to openly call for war against Israel.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It takes time but did work in South Africa.

A tangential note: The Fast Track authorization has 150 points that need to be promoted by the US in the negotiations one of them being "Insure.... let me look it up....

from the comments to the above:

TPP fastrack also included an AIPAC anti-BDS amendment:

"TPA, which passed through the Senate and landed on the president’s desk, includes roughly 150 trade negotiating objectives – requirements of the president, as mandated by Congress, to raise specific US priorities in its negotiations.

One of those objectives is to push back against efforts within the EU to sponsor the growing Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel..

Drafting HR 825, then known as the US-Israel Trade and Commercial Enhancement Act, took several months. A bipartisan group of congressmen worked with the American Israel Public Affairs Committee on its language.

And their are 149 more and the hidden text - oh boy!!! Unitary Executive aka Authoritarianism.

commons.commondreams.org...

It's in another thread on ATS and I don't know how to post a link to it so I copied it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Thanks, participants.

I was completely disgusted by "Bibi" when he actually got up and walked out of the UN assembly when Ahmadinejad got up to speak.

I thought, "What?! Is he eleven?" It made me sick that a grown man would do such a thing. And - why is Israel NOT a signatory on the International Atomic Energy Thing?

This whole thing is disgusting. I don't give a crap about Abrahamic superstitions. It's time this world made peace with...

itself. WHY can we not stop this? And I don't mean "we" as in citizens of the USA. I mean "we" as a global, influential specie of mammal.......

????????????

The thing is, you can't even blame Abrahamic religions for this either. The actual Orthodox Jews were always against the formation of the modern state of Israel because it goes against their scriptures. According to them, there isn't supposed to be another Israel until their Messiah founds it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I say we give the Native Americans back the USA. The Native Americans have a prophesy that says the US will return to them.

Since Isreal was only restored to fulfill a prophesy, maybe we should start filling the prophecies of the other religions?

Or maybe we could just stop supporting this insane idea and stop giving Isreal anything until they recognize the Palestinian State.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Um.......

NNNOOooooo!

Ugh, I'm so tired of this.... the Middle East needs to manage their own crap. We need to manage ours.

If any of you are planning to expatriate and need a damn good nanny who is biliingual, please send me a u2u.

edit on 6/26/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I say we give the Native Americans back the USA. The Native Americans have a prophesy that says the US will return to them.

I totally agree with you. I'd be happy to be repatriated to my native (ancestral) homeland. They were driven out by the murderous greed of the oligarchs and the barbarity of the ruling class.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Ah here we go - the source:

The Jerusalem Post

www.jpost.com...

As with anything having to do with the TPP and TIA and yadda, it's convoluted:

TPA, which passed through the Senate and landed on the president’s desk, includes roughly 150 trade negotiating objectives – requirements of the president, as mandated by Congress, to raise specific US priorities in its negotiations.

One of those objectives is to push back against efforts within the EU to sponsor the growing Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel.

“Something this significant only comes around when TPA comes around,” Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Illinois) said in an interview at his office in the Rayburn House Office Building.

The goal was to enshrine “a principal negotiating objective that reinforces our opposition to official actions that boycott, penalize, or otherwise limit commercial relations with the State of Israel,” Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) said when introducing the provision as an amendment to TPA.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I say we give the Native Americans back the USA.

The Native Americans have a prophesy that says the US will return to them.

Since Isreal was only restored to fulfill a prophesy, maybe we should start filling the prophecies of the other religions?

Or maybe we could just stop supporting this insane idea and stop giving Isreal anything until they recognize the Palestinian State.

Tha's not true though. The prophecy calls for the Jewish Messiah to found the Kingdom of Israel after defeating the Armilus. That's one reason why Jewish leadership had given up on Jerusalem after their disastrous Jewish-Sassanid state in the early 600s AD.

However, Zionism is a new philosophy started in the 1800s. They ignored the actual Jewish teachings like the Talmud & Sefer Zerubbabel & decided to form a Jewish state anyway. So no, they're not even trying to fulfill any prophecies either.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

I totally agree with you. I'd be happy to be repatriated to my native (ancestral) homeland. They were driven out by the murderous greed of the oligarchs and the barbarity of the ruling class.

I say that as a mixture of sarcasm and truth.

I would fully support giving control of our government to the Native Americans to run. It would be impossible for them to do worse.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

According to them, there isn't supposed to be another Israel until their Messiah founds it.

Well, I'm happy for them and their convictions. The fact of the matter is that the Abrahamic Religions are RIGHT NOW, in real time, tearing the world apart.

The thing is, you can't even blame Abrahamic religions for this either.

Well, I am blaming the Abrahamic trio (quartet if you want to count Baha'i. But they are cool, and have their act together, even though they're being slaughtered in the Middle East).

And, I do "even blame them." Like it or not. I'm utterly revolted by the religious crap tearing this planet apart.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

According to them, there isn't supposed to be another Israel until their Messiah founds it.

Well, I'm happy for them and their convictions. The fact of the matter is that the Abrahamic Religions are RIGHT NOW, in real time, tearing the world apart.

The thing is, you can't even blame Abrahamic religions for this either.

Well, I am blaming the Abrahamic trio (quartet if you want to count Baha'i. But they are cool, and have their act together, even though they're being slaughtered in the Middle East).

And, I do "even blame them." Like it or not. I'm utterly revolted by the religious crap tearing this planet apart.

LOL Dude, capitalism, fascism, & communism killed far more people just in the last 115 years than religions have. Or have you forgotten the Vietnam War? What religion did those 6 million Vietnamese civilians die over? And what about the 3 million people Pol Pot killed in Cambodia? What Abrahamic religion were they slaughtered for? And what about King Leopold's 10 million genocide victims in the Congo? What religion did they die for? And what about Nazi Germany's Hunger Plan's victims? Or the 1.5 million Algerians killed in their war of independence from France?

And what about the 20-40 million Chinese killed under Chairman Mao? Or should we start blaming atheism for that since communism doesn't allow religion? You blame religion when money, power, and greed are the causes.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Why start a thread with this,

Yup. I didn't see this posted already - so, mods, do whatever.

The mods are more then capable of doing their job, why the need to tell them what to do?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

China births her own within 30 or so days. Yep, progressive minds do not think alike, they follow the leader. What you say? China will follow U.S. suit in their own fashion, most likely as a result of home grown, government assisted terror, or maybe that the U.S. just doubled down with SCOTUS. Watch and be learned folks. These are the predictable times.

How does my jibber relate to the OPs thread? It's a matter of exiting stage left, or stage right...or maybe down through the trap stage door. FDI left Israel? No. The U.S. and China are exercising their powers.

edit on 27-6-2015 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
As a one word reply....Good.

There is no political will to stop Israel so people need to boycott companies that are helping to prop up the system that allows the IDF to continue with no responsibilities or consequence.
Its worth looking at the companies that have set up there Nestle being one of the main ones. Giving up Nestle was difficult for me coffee and kit-kats used to keep me going at work but refuse to give them any money now.
Gov really dont care about our opinions but companies will care about their profits. That will have a knock on effect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join