It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany`s Supreme Court Orders Release of UFO Study

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thought the ATS UFO buffs would find this midly interesting...

This is from a German site and I can only link a Google translated version, I was bit confused by the last part of the article, and still I am not sure if this journalist gets access to the study or not, i.e., does the document infringe copyright or not?...have a read and help clarify for me

Not sure what this study is suspected to have uncovered or stated about UFOS, has anyone heard of it?

The court ruled on June 25, 2015 , the Bundestag is an information requiring authority. Therefore applies the Freedom of Information Act, which grants citizens the right of access to official information. The creation of documents by a service of the Bundestag is therefore an administrative act. In this respect there was a claim for access to documents that started the scientific services and language services. The Federal Administrative Court therefore annulled decisions of the Bundestag and the Higher Administrative Court in Berlin.

A plaintiff had demanded, citing the Freedom of Information Act, the publication of the document "The search for extraterrestrial life and the implementation of UN Security Council resolution for the observation of unidentified flying objects and extraterrestrial life forms." The scientific service of the Bundestag had created it on request of an unnamed deputies.

www.golem.de...
edit on 26-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Getting the following when I click your link, my friend:

Any chance of getting a link to that German site with the original text?

Sounds like somebody over there is prying loose some documents. I'd be very interested to find out what they are getting.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Just happened yesterday.

ETA: Here we go...

source

edit on 26-6-2015 by nodukkha because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2015 by nodukkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nodukkha

try now, it takes you to the german site / non translated. sorry I'm hopeless with the technical.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hola Zazz, don't know about any recent developments and don't think the translate link is working but there's a bit of background info about the Deutsche Bundestag docs in the vid below.

The Administrative Court of Berlin has decided that the German parliament, the "Deutsche Bundestag", has to give access to a so far secret official report compiled by the "Scientific Research Service of the German parliament" on demand of delegates on the question on the government's knowledge and studies about UFOs and extraterrestrial life. However, the parliament has already appealed against the decision.

"The right of access to official information under the German freedom of information act (Informationsfreiheitsgesetz, IFG) also applies to studies and reports of the 'Scientific Research Service of the Bundestag', the Berlin Administrative Court explained in its decision announcement today".

Until the court hearing the Bundestag denied access to the paper by referring to the claim that the work and results of the "Scientific Research Service of the Bundestag" are part of the work of the parliament and the mandatory work of the delegates and therefore should be excluded from demands referring to the freedom of information act:

www.grenzwissenschaft-aktuell.de

In it's press release the Administrative Court explained further, that the judges did not agree with this claim of the parliament and therefore did not followed the complaint upheld by the Bundestag and instead ordered that it must give the claimant insight into the secret report.

The court also denied the claim that such a process would represent a violation of the intellectual property of the 'Scientific Research Service of the Bundestag' or the Bundestag itself, as claimed by the Bundestag at court. While the court confirmed that the Bundestag and its scientific service is the owner of the copyright and the right of the first publication (Erstveröffentlichungsrecht) the ordered insight for the claimant would not breach the copyright as the claimant does not want to publish or market, but simply wanted to read it."

While the court ordered the described insight into the paper, in face of the fact that the decision has a fundamental importance for the question of how to deal with reports by the scientific service, it also allowed the Bundestag to apply for appeal at the Supreme Administrative Court of Berlin-Brandenburg, a step that under German law is only granted if the law is not explicit.

Observers speculate that the persistence with which the Bundestag denied and still tries to deny the insight into the UFO-paper, or even it's publication, is not so much about the treated subject (in this case UFOs and extraterrestrial life), but in general about questions of dealing with reports and papers by the "Scientific Research Service of the German Bundestag" in the future and in the face of the freedom of information act in general.

Beside stating, that because so many other NATO members, partners and neighbouring countries - such as France, the USA, Belgium, the United Kingdom and Italy (...to name only a few) - did investigate UFOs, it is "more than likely that also official German authorities and Departments dealt with this questions (about the existence of UFOs and extraterrestrial life)", the report does not reveal any secrets about UFOs and alien life, nor a secret knowledge about it by the German government.

Also some more info here (with some nice pics) on UFO documentation from the German foreign secret intelligence agency.

Revealed: The UFO-Files of the German Secret Service BND

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
For those who don't know what the Bundstag is (like I didn't):

The Bundestag is a constitutional and legislative body in Germany.

The Bundestag was established by the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany in 1949 as the successor to the earlier Reichstag. It meets in the Reichstag Building in Berlin.

source

So the Buntstag has been refusing access to this UFO-related document, claiming publication of the document would violate copyright or some such.

The Federal Administrative Court in Leipzig rejected the copyright infringement claim and says that the documents must be released.

At least that's what I'm getting from the Google translation. No additional information about the document itself, unfortunately.

ETA: Looks like I was beaten to the punch. Thanks for the info, mate.
edit on 27-6-2015 by nodukkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Karl to the rescue!

So they have to cough it up

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12 And thanks OP

Reading through that link and translating the whole thing clearly shows the German government was trying to keep this report hidden just because they had for decades claimed not to have any interest or program for UFO's, at least that is what I see in reading this. Cool info. I'm not even done reading, but it is interesting stuff so far.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nodukkha

thank you

Color me cynical, but when a government is ordered to hand over docs, Im skeptical the real original documents will ever be handed over.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a small 10 page document must have some bang in it to have them try supress it?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

There will be no handing over as far as the article states...at best..the guy will be allowed to read it. No publication will be allowed. The only way we would know anything from that report...is if the guy blogs about it later.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

10 pages won't be so hard to rehash.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

How big, page wise, is the US Constitution and Bill of Rights? Small can be mighty!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Hey nice one for bringing this one up again matey and kudos to the Lepzig Federal Administrative Court for rejecting the very silly 'copyright infringement' excuse.

MRuss once made a thread here about the appeal but never thought anything would ever come of it.

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Reading through that link and translating the whole thing clearly shows the German government was trying to keep this report hidden just because they had for decades claimed not to have any interest or program for UFO's..

That's about the size of it mate - bit like America's Defence Intelligence Agency saying the same thing then getting busted with authenticated documents (link).

Least they weren't stolen like Peru's; went missing like Poland's; destroyed like Australia's or 'lost' like the NSA's.

Looks like lots of official UFO material is being illegally withheld by the Brazilian Government as well (link).

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Further to this, the documents will be released to the National Archives in March 2016.

And lol I think I was paraphrased above ^^^^ as a you tuber in this Express Uk article

One YouTube user said: "Call me cynical, but when a government is ordered to hand over docs, Im skeptical the real original documents will ever be handed over."

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
'saucer-shape' ufos were common in the past, probably thats what they want to investigate again

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Nice bit of speculation from Billy Cox over at the Herald Tribune (also involving German physicist Hermann Oberth).

Help me with the ending

Remember how, just last month, Germany’s high court ordered its parliament, or Bundestag, to release ostensibly innocuous UFO papers authorities had been collecting and withholding since a 1978 United Nations resolution urged its members to treat this subject seriously? And how the Bundestag hemmed and hawed and said, well, OK, well, maybe next year, now buzz off? De Void has just been inspired to write the next chapter, on account of what happened yesterday in Orlando..

Trivia question first: Which scientist discovered a principle, named after him, in which a speeding rocket falls into a gravitational well and then accelerates after its fall attains maximum speed? Hint: He also has an asteroid and a lunar crater named after him. Another hint: An eponymous science society commemorates his work in Germany, and the AIAA honors his memory with an award for individual achievement in space science. Yet another hint: He was a mentor to Werhner von Braun, and eventually became Chief of Special Fields in the Research Projects Office of what is now Marshall Space Flight Center in Alabama.

Of course we’re talking about rocket pioneer Hermann Oberth, who contributed mightily to America’s ballistic missile project immediately after WWII. As a propulsion engineer, Oberth held a fearless fascination with the UFO phenomenon and apparently didn’t give a damn about what people thought. In 1954, during an interview with The American Weekly magazine, he said “I think that they are possibly manned by intelligent observers who are members of a race who may have been investigating our earth for centuries.” After returning to Germany in 1958, Oberth was even less inhibited about annoying his erstwhile U.S. employers. In a 1962 issue of Fate magazine, he got more specific:

“They are flying by means of artificial fields of gravity . . . They produce high-tension electric charges in order to push the air out of their paths, so it does not start glowing, and strong magnetic fields to influence the ionized air at higher altitudes. First, this would explain their luminosity . . . Secondly, it would explain the noiselessness of UFO flight . . . Finally, this assumption also explains the strong electrical and magnetic effects sometimes, though not always, observed in the vicinity of UFOs.” Armed, apparently, with radar data, Oberth even proposed how one might deduce their velocities by noting their fluctuating color patterns.

Oberth died in West Germany, late December 1989, just after the Berlin Wall started to crumble. In De Void’s Oliver Stone scenario, Oberth’s work on exotic propulsion systems, unimpeded by cultural stigma, would have been secretly subsidized by West German authorities, only to lose momentum and altitude following reunification. Hardcore veterans from that era nevertheless managed to keep the lab lights on, but official confirmation of that work could prove politically embarrassing, hence the Bundestag’s reluctance to release government UFO documents. Therefore, portions of Oberth’s legacy were allowed to filter into the AIAA’s Orlando presentation yesterday in a bid to soften the blow from the projected release of Germany's UFO documents next year.

Link

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Further info from Robert Fleischer:

edit on 23-9-2018 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Unfortunately Germany is a puppet state of the USA.....

Thus until the US GOV makes a decision on this nothing interesting will come of it.

However with the US NAVY's new statements confirming the existence of UFOs we may see some traction...

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thanks mate for the Link. I meant to thank you for the Dolan-Fleischer interview last year, but everything got in the way

This is another talk he gave:

Germans
Don't mention UFO's, I mentioned it once and I think I got away with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join