It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My state is starting an unprecedented heatwave and I blame it on you!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: deathslayer
a reply to: CB328

Maybe the cows are farting too much in Washington? lol

As ice ages come and go so does global warming.....nothing new except for those who are not aware.

Maybe you should support Al Gore - he wants to punish those who disagree with global warming.

He also has plenty of carbon dollars for you to buy. (His own patent)

So if you use any aerosol spray cans, drive a car, fly in a plane, take a train, taxi cab, use a computer, cell phone, own a LCD TV, if you are breathing in and out, or eat food then you are part of the problem as well and you should be dealt with accordingly.

Um, as ice ages come and go? The last ice age was 20,000 years ago and we already had a thaw. Global warming is a recent phenomenon so unless I was sleeping and missed it, where was the last ice age to account for this sudden and recent temperature rise? Seeing ice ages happen every 100,000 years due to the earth's axis tilt, we skipped one and went directly to the thaw. Is that what you're suggesting?

Second. Aerosol cans no longer use CFCs. The propellant in cans is usually gas pressure now. All that other stuff you mention...is just a cop out typical regurgitated right wing nonsense. Basically it's fossil fuels you're talking about, which we clearly are dependent on because we don't have an alternative. Instead of blaming the producers and the ones charged with the responsibility of innovation and regulations, you blame the consumer who has no choice. The ones directly targeted in a capitalist society.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
101 here in Hillsboro, Oregon. Upper 90's next week with possible 108 next Saturday. I'm from Ohio and I'll still take 100 out here vs 90 and the humidity back there.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Duh! we can get married now = the end times, burning Hell fire...

sorry

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

the bastards that try to tell us there's no global warming to go to hell

Whether I tell you that global warming is pseudoscience or not, its not going to change your weather now is it...really?

selfish, lazy, spoiled, arrogant asses.

I'm a climate change "denier", and proud of it; having said that I'm not selfish or lazy...you're lazy and selfish because
1. You cant be bothered to change address and 2. selfish because you dont see the bigger picture out there

"predicted 2 weeks of hot weather"...wow that sure sounds like conclusive evidence that Eastern Washington is officially a victim of human caused climate change - wow 2 days into a 2 week spell...

There, I responded in a manner that I dont usually portray on ATS...are you satisfied with your rant.

edit on 27-6-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: hot gasses

edit on 27-6-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: comma makes everything better

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Just like in the days of the dust bowl. You have the option of leaving

Without the dustbowl we wouldnt have had the Wizard of Oz masterpiece. And the world did not end in the 30's!

ajaykumarphotography.wordpress.com...

The film and story line may seem fun and imaginative. However the film itself has been inspired greatly by the great depression which hit america in the 1930’s. The depression saw most people in america live in poverty. Kansas, Dorothy’s home, was also victim to the Dust bowl. Most southern states had been effected by draught and windblown dust, which made it hard to farm. Due to this there was a agricultural decline which prolonged the depression. The opening scene to the film shows dorothy on the farm which is in the middle of the country surrounded by dry, unfarmable soil.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

just FYI. Those two weeks comes on the heals of an already unprecedented lack of snow and wet spring. Additionally, these upcoming two weeks are estimated to be crashing 100 year old records.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

just FYI. Those two weeks comes on the heals of an already unprecedented lack of snow and wet spring. Additionally, these upcoming two weeks are estimated to be crashing 100 year old records.

100 year old weather records, 20,000 years ago last ice age. You make it sound like it was an eternity ago when actually looking at the age of earth ..... 20,000 years ago is a drop in a bucket.

BTW weather records have not been around that long but you know the last ice age was 20,000 years ago.

The sky is falling ........run.....

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xFiDgetx

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Red Flag warnings in ALASKA, never seen that before. (for those not living in wild fire country - Fires are extremely likely - it's Defcon 1 for fires.)

Where I am - it's normal hot - but and I repeat - humid, topics type humid. Oh and seemlying endless drought.

Thanks - deniers.

If it's summer in interior Alaska there is a red flag warning somewhere. They are very common here during the warm months.

This year is not normal though fellow alaskan.......we're in the midst of a climate change. Our winters and summers are becoming erratic. It is undeniable.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: deathslayer

originally posted by: FlySolo

100 year old weather records, 20,000 years ago last ice age. You make it sound like it was an eternity ago when actually looking at the age of earth ..... 20,000 years ago is a drop in a bucket.

BTW weather records have not been around that long but you know the last ice age was 20,000 years ago.

The sky is falling ........run.....

To show how much you know:

The temperature record of the past 1,000 years is reconstructed using data from climate proxy records in conjunction with the modern instrumental temperature record which only covers the last 150 years at a global scale. Large scale reconstructions covering part or all of the 1st millennium and 2nd millennium have shown that recent temperatures are exceptional: the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Fourth Assessment Report of 2007 concluded that "Average Northern Hemisphere temperatures during the second half of the 20th century were very likely higher than during any other 50-year period in the last 500 years and likely the highest in at least the past 1,300 years." The curve shown in graphs of these reconstructions is widely known as the hockey stick graph because of the sharp increase in temperatures during the last century.

We can reconstruct the temperature and clearly this past century has been higher than the past thousand years. So expert, since our last thaw, what is causing a temperature spike in 1/10th of the time over a thousand years? And that's being conservative. So before I confuse the hell out of you with charts and facts, I'll let you explain why our average mean temperature has increased exponentially, globally, over such a short period of time?

I'm waiting...
edit on 28-6-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

It's gonna be a long summer....looks like Wenatchee, Wa is burning right now.

Komo

Dozens of homes have burned and thousands have been evacuated in a fast moving grass fire in Wenatchee, according to the Chelan County Sheriff's Office.

In addition, the fire has burned the Northwest Wholesale fruit packing company, and a large fire is burning right behind the Sav-Mart store, said sheriff's department spokesperson Rich Magnussen. A WalMart has also been reported to be evacuated.

The Sleepy Hollow Fire began Sunday afternoon near Wenatchee and then swept down a hillside into a commercial district and housing development.

"The fire started right down by us," said Randy Dawson. "We called it in, and it went straight up the hill right behind our house."

Steep hillsides and stiff winds drove flames toward Wenatchee faster than emergency crews could move as temperatures reached 104 degrees during the peak of the afternoon. Walls of fire and choking black smoke swallowed up homes along the slopes, and even two helicopters fighting the fire with water from a nearby river couldn't contain the destruction.

Thousands have been told to leave their homes for safety, and firefighters are going door-to-door making sure those in imminent danger get out.

edit on 29-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Maybe there should be a law forcing climate deniers to go fight forest fires. After their heads are banged together.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We got a little rain this morning... First we've seen in two months almost.

Just enough to make everything smell dusty...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join