It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana won't recognize gay marriage yet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have to agree he is an idiot and he can kiss any chances to presidency good bye, I am sure that it will some suing to the state government for this also as the lower courts can not infringe on the ruling of the higher court.

edit on 27-6-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
I thought this country was founded on having a stronger state government and a weaker federal government.

If you believe in a strong federal government then you are supporting the failure of the United States.

Tell Washington and Colorado that weed is still illegal. And that their populace is criminals demanding justice from the federal government.

Thank you Americans for representing everything unamerican.

What is unAmerican is denying gays to have the same rights as everyone else.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Boy oh boy, illegal gay propaganda, you sir are a special kind, at least your not hiding how you feel about people.

Mark of the beast, i wish i had a jesus face palm picture, just for you.

Will this one do?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Boy oh boy, illegal gay propaganda, you sir are a special kind, at least your not hiding how you feel about people.

Will this one do?

You need to stop using Jesus in you gay propaganda post, it offends me.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

Well I also feel offended that you are offended by Jesus face picture, heck how dare you people showing a picture of our highest idol under the Christian believes, have not shame?

Yes I'm been sarcastic and very much still offended.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanZombie

originally posted by: buster2010

Will this one do?

Hard to know if there's anything left to say really.....

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

And your point is? If Jesus were to appear today most of these so called Christians wouldn't want anything to do with him because let's face it they don't practice what he preached. They would label him a communist and happily nail him on the cross for a second time. Btw I really don't care if you are offended or not.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So now it takes a Lower Court to "validate" the Supreme Court?

Many people will say "I've heard everything now"

Has this ever happened before?

It happens all the time. Thanks to the Supreme Court the outcome of this case is already known, even if they find different the state will still have to comply. What it does do however is it allows Jindal to say in his presidential campaign that Louisiana didn't simply bow to the court and the Obama administration on this issue and he's not technically incorrect on that since he can say they're complying but are in protest of it.

originally posted by: Greathouse
So if the state takes action in the way I speculated ( accurately I may add ) Does the US Supreme Court have the authority to force states to an act laws that the states retract?

As far as I'm aware, if a marriage license is offered it needs to be done so without discrimination, which is the interpretation the court just upheld. That's contingent on marriage being offered in the first place though. Since marriage is nothing other than a legal status I think this means Mississippi would have the right to annul all current marriages and no longer offer new ones. I can't imagine this being a popular move though because at the end of the day people like the legal benefits offered as well as the tax breaks. Among other things, it would mean all people would need to file their taxes as single in Mississippi if they were to do such a thing.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join