It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has no “Legacy” to be proud of as president.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

edit on 26-6-2015 by FinalCountdown because: F it

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Good or Bad the US is not in a Major war deployment for first time in decades. ACA, Bin Laden and several others, Gaddafi is dead and gone, Muslim Brotherhood is no longer running Egypt, Mubarak gone, Economy is recovering, Stock Market is breaking record nearly monthly, jobs are growing though slowly, Gays can marry, Feds are leaving Colorado and Washington alone. He is getting this trade deal thing done. Sequestration cut billions from debt.

Bashar Assad, Saudi, Iran, Iraq, Egypt all got their hands full with ISIS, so no chance they will be fighting Israel. In a stalemate with Putin on many issues. Could go on but this has been an Amazing time while he was president both good and bad.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
The issues with Putin started with the missile defenses Bush was going to move into Europe. Obama has basically kicked that can down the road.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Oh , he will have one . His Legacy will be the Only President who single-handedly Destroyed the Democratic Republic of the United States while in Office . History WILL REMEMBER Him for that ALONE.............
edit on 26-6-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The ISIS issue: No one here says he should send just American troops

I say he should lead a legitimate international coalition similar to the first Bush against Iraq in 93. A very successful endeavor in which Bush ( unlike his stupid son) did the work and got out... and there was no blowback over that war.

Really? No blowback.....Really?

Wasn't American troops in the Muslim holy land one of the primary factors that Bin Laden referred to when he claimed responsibility for 911?

It may have taken 10 yrs. to orchestrate, but I'd say that 3,000 dead Americans definitely qualifies as "Blow-Back."

Or how about the bombing of the USS Cole guided missile cruiser? That "Blow-Back" only took 9yrs., does it count?

Or how about all the embassy bombings orchestrated by Al Qaeda after the '91 gulf war, do they count?

I personally don’t support drones if they kill civilians.

What, soldiers don't kill civilians?

Also if you look at the Russian issue it is Obama that has stirred up the Russians so he is responsible for rekindling the cold war.

Putin was an asshole and a murdering thug long before Obama ever came on the scene.

If John McCain were POTUS, we would probably be in the middle of a "hot" war right now. Actually, we'd probably be in several.

As for Racial tensions all Obama has done is respond to incidents

All major progressive organizations denounce him for doing NOTHING on this issue
but give meaningless speeches

Look man, a president is suppose to deal with complex issues not just give speeches, golf, and praise money for his next election

That’s why we elected him

It's hard to address racial tensions when then "Right" has been ranting about how they're gonna take their country back since the day he took office.

Take it back from who you ask? Take it back from Obama and the rest of those black people who are raping their women and taking over their country. You know, like Dylan Roof said straight up.

I don't know exactly what you'd expect Obama or anybody else to do to quell racial tensions when the "right" couldn't feed the flames of division any faster if they pumping gasoline on it with a fire hose.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, when it comes to a POTUS taking time off for golf or recreation, no one can hold a candle to Bush Jr.. He took more vacation days than any POTUS in the history of the office, but that was OK.

PLEASE!!!!

IMO, this quoted post as well as the entire OP belongs in the Rant forum.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

The blowback was over the remaining troops in Saudi.

That supposedly upset Bin Laden crazies.

But no there was little blow back in that war since it was universally thought of as a just war.

The blowback came from the fanatic’s problem with the remaining US troops on their holy land.

ALL wars actually have blowback

But its relative some have a lot of blow back others less

You can’t compare the terrorism after 93 to 2001 with what’s going on now and what went on after the Iraq war of 2003

That was the real killer

Believe me as bad as I think Obama is I still view Bush as much worse

Sure Bush was bad but that doesn’t detract from the fact that Obama isn’t much better

Obama could have done or tried many things to upgrade the inner city and dealt with civil rights issues… he has not done a thing

This is not a rant it is a clear spoken delineation of the hollowness of Barack Obama in the above politics forum

I forgot to mention his lack of dealing with the Banksters (I have often posted this) and his but kissing of the elite on that trade bill TPP that will certainly add to the jobs leaving the US for slave wage countries

edit on 26-6-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Also, if you study closely why Bin Laden started his “jihad” a lot of it had to do with the US chasing him out of the Sudan

There weren’t thousands of terrorists at that time

At the time there were only a few terrorist incidents

You’re also forgetting 911 that led to Iraq

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Oh no people that do not like obama are saying hes a bad bad person, the awesome part is peoples opinion aren't worth much there days.

I cant wait for the obama haters to vote for the next bush, now that's karma.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The tpp alone is enough reason to declare him tge worst potus ever..

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
As a jonny foriegner it appears to me he has done okay.
You can bet if you asked internationally us foriegners would say he has been better than bush.
Gay marriage on his watch etc.
edit on 27-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted to a politics-related thread on ATS. Mainly because I hate politics. But, since this isn’t really a politics-related thread, but more of a hate-mongering, mud-slinging, poor-losers, Obama-bashing thread, I figured I stop by and throw in a little red meat for the rabid dogs to rip into. I’ve made my views known in more threads than I can count. So, I’ll try and make this post half-way brief. I don’t have anything to prove; the facts pretty well speak for themselves.

You know, this “failed” President you refer to took office in the midst of the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression, 2 George Dubya/Dick Cheney driven wars blazing white hot and put on the People’s credit card to the tune of trillions of dollars, a once great auto industry on the verge of collapse, unemployment dipping into the double-digit range, a war-weary, terror-filled people frightened of the prospects of an uncertain future, blah, blah, blah... Dubya & Co. handed over one helova nightmare to Obama when he took office. It’ll take generations to straighten out the miserable condition that administration left this country in. Seriously: nice job, guys.

Since Obama took office:

a) - When Obama took office we were losing 800,000 jobs per month. Since then our economy has seen a record number of consecutive months of private sector job growth and economic expansion, eclipsing Master Reagan’s record by a long shot.. As a matter of fact, in 2010 alone more jobs were created than in all eight years of the Bush administration.

b) - The auto industry was not only saved, but GM has returned to its former place at the top of car company world.

c) - The housing market has considerably stablized.

d) - Obama ordered all federal contractors to pay a minimum wage of $10.10 per hour, leading the way for many other companies and local governments to follow suit.

e) - As of FY 2014, the federal budget deficit has fallen from 9.8% of GDP in Fiscal Year 2009, under Bush, to 2.9% of GDP.

f) - Under Obama, the stock market has reached record highs, restoring most of the economic losses felt during the Bush Recession, when it reached record lows, adjusted for inflation.

g) - Say what you will about ISIS, but if not for the monstrous, muderous Iraqi campaign waged by Bush/Cheney ISIS would have never gotten a foothold in the first place. Saddam Hussein hated the terrorists and wouldn’t allow them on his land. Al Qaeda and the rest feared the iron fist of Hussein. Bush/Cheney opened the gateway for the terrorists to establish and thrive.

h) - I know you’ll disagree, but the fact is ACA (aka Obamacare) worked. Millions are insured now that once helped drive insurance rates sky high by using Emergency Services and not paying. Sure, rates are going up - that’s to be expected in a free market. But, the rates are climbing at a historically slow pace; much slower than pre-Obamacare. It's a first step toward Universal Healthcare, something most other civilized, developed countries already have.

i) - The Unemployment Rate in the United States averaged 5.83% from 1948 until 2015. As of May of 2015, it currently stands at 5.5%.

j) - And so on, and so on, and so on...

Hmmm... No wonder everybody hates this guy.

And now, what did you accomplish today? I know I haven’t accomplished anything personally that even remotely compares to any of the things above. I do have a suggestion for all the “haters” out there, though; and if that doesn’t describe/pertain to you, then just ignore this. If it does, though, then next time you want to blame someone for the condition we’re in, first take a good, long look in the mirror. It may be closer to home than you think. You owe your country that much, and so much more...

God Bless America!!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

He should have kept his promise to not sign the patriot act into law and keep the banks out of the government. Liberals still buy into his crap and lies. They are the perfect followers because they buy into the idealism but never judge the actions.

They only see what they are told to see.
edit on 27-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You start by voting platform instead of along party lines. Learn what these guys stand for and what they seek to accomplish and vote for the guys who's agenda most closely matches your own.
Then communicate with your representatives. Let them know what you want through correspondence and let them know when you feel they are not working in our best interests.
How many actually ever attend a city council meeting? That's government at your doorstep.

But that won't happen. Dems will vote in dems and republicans will vote in republicans all hoping that the party will correctly represent their feelings and wishes.
edit on 6272015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: netbound

Wow he did all that?.
I suspect that even if he brought world peace he would still get slagged off.
Wonder why?.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
BS!

Cuba is something he will be remembered for. Also, despite the right wing propaganda, Health Care reform is doing well.

I think he had done a satisfactory job as POTUS.

edit on 27-6-2015 by jrod because: err

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I got a feeling that whoever gets in next will be worse and people will look back at Obama and want him back.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I suggest OP peruses this rather lovely website:

whatthe.../

He's done a lot of good thing, they just never got reported in the infotainment industry.
edit on -05:00am35630America/ChicagoSat, 27 Jun 2015 07:35:38 -0500177 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

edit on -05:00am36630America/ChicagoSat, 27 Jun 2015 07:36:07 -0500177 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

Okay, ATS won't let me include the URL because it contains a rude word. Google 'what has obama done', and the website you want is whatthef***hasobamadonesofar.com
edit on -05:00am37630America/ChicagoSat, 27 Jun 2015 07:37:08 -0500177 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
The problem is we have an electoral system where about 40% of the population will blindly hate whoever is elected, while about 40% will blindly support who ever is in office because they believe the actually represent their 'party'.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

People will ignore all this. Pres. Obama had a horrible mess handed to him and still he managed to see the auto trade recover, the housing bubble recover, unemployment recover, he insured millions who had been disenfranchised and all this while having to deal with a party hell bent on seeing him fail.
He certainly does have a legacy he can be proud of.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Some examples please?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join