It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kawasaki P-1 may visit RIATT

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
Fair play I know fbook and what not ISNT everyone's favourite thing to do
hope you enjoy the show. The sun better stay shining like it has been recently. But as usual when you want to go out and do something for a day in the UK it always rains

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

It is normally really hot on RIAT days, I only recall it being rained off once about 2008 and a year I missed maybe 2009, and some drizzle around 2012.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hope this comes off, in both ways. I've been talking about the P-1 for the RAF for YEARS. It's four engine layout most closely resembles the UK's own requirent and the design itself is extremely close to the "Ideal Maritime Aircraft" prepared by BAe for study by the MoD before Nimrod 2000 was launched. Refitted with RR engines and UK systems and maybe even built by BAE it would be ideal.

All that and I've got tickets for RIAT too.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos
Hope this comes off, in both ways. I've been talking about the P-1 for the RAF for YEARS. It's four engine layout most closely resembles the UK's own requirent and the design itself is extremely close to the "Ideal Maritime Aircraft" prepared by BAe for study by the MoD before Nimrod 2000 was launched. Refitted with RR engines and UK systems and maybe even built by BAE it would be ideal.

Aaaaah man. Now I am jealous. I had plans to go then forgot all about it till this thread started. Now my daughter can't get time off work to go with me. Ah well, better luck next year. I suppose I will have to make do with the Southport Airshow

RAB

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I wish that the UK would buy them I'd not swap any of the kit. Buy maves again and a few torps.

Cheap and descent.

RAB

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Media tours of the interior.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

What day?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Vulcan is flying in Friday for static then flying saturday and sunday, worth going if just for that.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore
Sunday 19th. My best school friend, with whom I shared a fascination with planes is now a Sgt in the RAF and managed to snaffle me 4 complimentaries

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Just an update the P1 is confirmed it will be attending RIAT. Infact two of them are one on static display the other a flying demo. I'm over joyed

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just to back up my reply now that I've finished work
www.air-shows.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Fan-bloody-tastic.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

And then the post came!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Haha double whammy day! Still waiting for mine .. Well my dad is waiting for them but I could of sworn last time I printed my tickets out from the PC

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Mine came from an RAF pal, so you may want to check that printing option in case it's still there.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Cheers I'll nag the father about it over the weekend. And just to wet the lips a little a nice YouTube vid of the P-1. Yeah I think the RAF should buy these

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So my poor timing I missed the P-1 display as I was too busy checking out the static park and stalls totally misjudged the timing. I managed to grab a few pics of the static though

Good air show though
edit on 20-7-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker nice shots, you had good weather for it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There's a video of them practicing for their flight. Some interesting features on it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker nice shots, you had good weather for it.

We didn't in the morning bit of rain and overcast. By the afternoon clouds disappeared and we had blue skies. Considering making a thread somewhere to post some pics as I was quite impressed wth some of my photos. I'm no pro but still managed to take over 500 pics
edit on 20-7-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join