It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spirit, the Counsellor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

you will never understand how he preserved it if you keep looking in the wrong place for the answer. Look at his character and understand him and his ways. then maybe you will see what I say is true.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Look at his character and understand him and his ways.

That's what I'm doing.
All my threads are about that.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

then my question is how do you miss the truth on this issue of language?

it is and will be "comforter" and not "counselor". part of preservation is re inspiration of the original words of God no matter what the language was in the past.

Jonah says, great fish, but Jesus says it was a whale so which is it? Whale or Fish?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
If you're going to go to the original words of God, then the word in question has to be PARAKLETOS.
="One who is called to be by your side".
God has never said anything to identify the AV specifically as his original word.

In John ch15 & ch16, and also in 1 John ch2 v1 (where it refers to Jesus), the PARAKLETOS is doing the work of a fighting lawyer defending us in court.
In that situation, it will be reasonable to call him an "advocate" (which also means "one who is called to be by your side").

But I think the real root idea is "best friend", which covers all those angles- comforter, counsellor, teacher, advocate.
The one who stands at your side and helps you.

edit on 2-7-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
P.S. I've just discovered that the translation found in an Anglo-Saxon gospel of 995 is "frefriend".
That is the word of God too.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

God preserved his word by inspiring it as it is found in the AV. No need to go to the Greek to understand it if you can't understand it in English .

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

then my question is how do you miss the truth on this issue of language?

What is the truth of language? Are you aware that the Synagogue of James the Just was totally Hebrew and Aramaic? Yes their liturgy was Hebrew and Aramaic even though most of the Jews could not even understand Hebrew or Aramaic and only understood the Greek of that day. In fact were you aware that Greek was not allowed or encouraged in the first Ecclesia for a number of years after the death of Christ Jesus??

Were you also aware that some scholars believe that the letters of most all of the NT were penned in Hebrew and Aramaic before being copied into Greek? The Synagogue of James (Apostles and disciples) taught and worshiped in Hebrew and Aramaic and Latin nor Greek were the foundation of the first Christian Ecclesia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join