It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam wants your ideas on how to take down drones: Black dart 2015

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
yeah, they want to know how you would do it so that they can develop counter measures before you actually try to do it.

Putting all kinds of countermeasures on small drones is not at all the point because you would no longer have a small inexpensive drone.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101

originally posted by: Tardacus
yeah, they want to know how you would do it so that they can develop counter measures before you actually try to do it.

Putting all kinds of countermeasures on small drones is not at all the point because you would no longer have a small inexpensive drone.

Laws are very lightweight counter measures, lets say you are planning to shoot one down with a slingshot and a stone, the government will outlaw slingshots and stones.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
They should just wait until Amazon starts delivering orders via drone and steal peoples' ideas once that fun, AKA skeet shooting with presents, begins.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Fight fire with fire. Use a drone to kill a drone.

The homing device may be as simple as a "sound/pitch/frequency homing device". I assume every bladed aeronautical vehicle emits a unique pitch when their blades cut the air. Home in on that unique pitch signature, once the individual drone is identified, then launch your appropriate drone-killer to intercept.

Q: Why Pitch homing you ask?
A: Well in the high tech world of drones, invisibility is the key to stealth attacks. So most would be invisible to radar. But they all emit a unique sound.

Q: So how do we get prior warning, since the sounds may be hard to hear at best?
A: If the NSA believe they have access to every cell phone on the planet, use the mics on them to cast a broad net across the planet. It may be similar to a word activated trigger, but in this case it would activate when a certain drone frequency is heard. This program would be quite similar to a Biometric Voice Identification program.

Q: But the drone which is heard could be a school kids toy.
A: Yes it could be a school kids toy, but if that frequency is recorded by cell phones across a 100 mile vector, then there is a good chance it's not a toy. Yes it could be a commercial drone, but once the pitch is identified, and a quick cross reference with the archives can give a yes or no. Obviously if the cross reference doesn't match any known drones in the data bank, this does not automatically assign the drone to the "Aggressive" category, but it will definitely need more immediate attention while its vector is being tracked.

Well that's my crazy idea. It's not fool proof, but then you would have a team of pimpled face teens operating joy pads behind a bank of plasma screens jumping all over it like white on rice once an anomaly enters their domain. Those geeks could then positively identify the nature and motive of said drone.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
High Powered Directional EMP Gun that can penetrate electromagnetic shielding.. duh

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I Gave my idea to USSR.
I dont want the world to be ruled by US.

or as he said, wait for the FAST food Wars!
"sorry your pizza is late it got shot down!"

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
frequency jammer 900 mhz to 5 ghz

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

You will need a time machine to do that because the USSR does not exist anymore.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

You are just being paranoid and nonsensical.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Best way to take out drones is to take out the satellites that control them.

You'd take them all out in a single hit.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Twenty38

We call that HOB "Home On Buzz" . It is a very real way of targeting many drones. What you do once you get there is any number of things.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Thank you, I didn't know there was an actual targeting system for it.

"Home On Buzz", I will remember that term.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join