It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam wants your ideas on how to take down drones: Black dart 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

As in the past, this year’s Black Dart will test defensive systems of all kinds against drones of all sizes, from those as big as the 116-foot wingspan RQ-4 Global Hawk to mini- and micro-drones launched from tubes or even by hand.

“We’re open to looking at anything that anyone brings out there.”

Contractors, academics and military and defense organizations all take part in the tests. They provide the systems and pay their own way. “Our organization pays for the range time and all the range services,” Gregg said. “We provide surrogate targets for all of these systems to come and track to assess their own capabilities and, in some cases, take it out.”

breakingdefense.com...

So there you have it. If you have a good idea and a working prototype of a detection system or intercept system bust it out. Maybe Finnish that lazer cannon you forgot about of try out your attack falcon.

What a cool event to go to and watch drones get blasted, vaporized, shot, ect.

I am sure we can get some ideas going here on how to down drones.

I was thinking those trained falcons could take out small drones. Or a big net lifted in the air by small rockets.
edit on 26-6-2015 by alphastrike101 because: forgot to add a link.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have a 100% sure fire way to take down drones, although, I will only divulge this information if I'm elected President.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If they were a problem in the US. My tactic would be that they have to land somewhere and I would attack that place .
edit on 26-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You deal with Drones the same way you deal with wasps and flies.

Salt Cannons.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I have a 100% sure fire way to take down drones, although, I will only divulge this information if I'm elected President.

LOL, I have few ways, but why would I tell them?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have IDEAS but I would need access to SAP special equipment to test them...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

For low-flying drones as a hillbilly I'd like to keep it simple . When we get angry normally the first weapon we reach for is a shotgun .

One shot one kill .
edit on 26-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I was playing the "Trump" card.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Cool video but I think they are looking for "outside the box" ideas.

Apparently anti-drone systems is a big money maker.
The Boston marathon contracted 10 drone detecting sensors and an untold number of some kind of net guns.

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Please go on about your ideas.

If you are really into that kind of stuff there will be all the big name contractors at the black dart event.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Water Canon,Nets,Magnetic Rail Gun, EMP ?

High Frequency Signal Jammer

edit on 26-6-2015 by SPECULUM because: More Cowbell

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Do you have any prototypes? If so pics would be cool.
I am pretty sure most people have everything the need to build a jamming device in their home.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I am pretty sure you are wrong, nor do most people have the knowledge to make it work even if they did.

No, if you want low tech answers then look to low tech solutions. The kind of drones they are talking about here could be dealt with through simple chain or mesh nets. EMP Guns might not be handy yet, but a shotgun full of buckshot will take out most smaller drones in a few shots. Salt or Water Cannons could do the trick at high pressures, Dead Rising 3 has some neat ideas too...

Hmmmm.......I keep picturing something akin to a Pitcher Plant or Venus Fly Trap.......but then my head is a fun universe to live in.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Right, take your civilian ideas and let us know in advance what to expect, the best ideas will be used to evolve better counter-measures.
Brilliant.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
yeah, they want to know how you would do it so that they can develop counter measures before you actually try to do it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

From the article cited in the op

As in the past, this year’s Black Dart will test defensive systems of all kinds against drones of all sizes, from those as big as the 116-foot wingspan RQ-4 Global Hawk to mini- and micro-drones launched from tubes or even by hand. Gregg said 55 systems will be assessed in tests including opportunities to knock down an Outlaw as it flies over the Point Mugu sea range.

It can be anything. If you can come up with a software program that can modify say a IR seekers to hit a drone you may well get paid for it.

And yes jammers are pretty simple to make.
edit on 26-6-2015 by alphastrike101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I think you should read the article cited in the op.

If you are worried that big brother is going to catch you rubbing one out in your back yard check out this site.

www.droneshield.org...
edit on 26-6-2015 by alphastrike101 because: fix link.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Trained Golden Eagle and Peregrine Falcon, Let Nature deal with those pests...I win

edit on 26-6-2015 by SPECULUM because: Cowbell

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Maybe you could even feed them roids or genetically modify them to take out even bigger drones.

Or just get dump ducks to fly into the intakes.

if you could get birds like that trained to do that I would love to see some videos.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Great big nets. attached to rockets fired at 45 degree angles in front of them.

Messy but effective.

Next.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join