It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Here Has One Of These For A Family Member Or A Friend?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
So true. So true. My husband and I are both gamers and I built both of our computers. I swear he is cursed, in the last couple of years I have had to replace the power supply, hard drive, monitor and three GPUs (Although I suspect he sabotages the graphics cards on purpose lol!) Replacing those is no problem except for the money.

Last week windows wouldn't boot on his computer. It would turn on, The splash screen for the motherboard would display then nothing... Couldn't get into BIOS, couldn't boot from disk, but I now know why (Curse you windows 8.1!)

Took me almost two days to research, diagnose and fix it with the help of Microsoft live chat. He was pouty that he didn't get a new graphics card out of it. "Shut up and be happy with your nvidia 760. A better card on a 4 year old game that doesn't support a better graphics engine is not going to raise your DPS *sigh*)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: ketsuko
So true. So true. My husband and I are both gamers and I built both of our computers. I swear he is cursed, in the last couple of years I have had to replace the power supply, hard drive, monitor and three GPUs (Although I suspect he sabotages the graphics cards on purpose lol!) Replacing those is no problem except for the money.

Last week windows wouldn't boot on his computer. It would turn on, The splash screen for the motherboard would display then nothing... Couldn't get into BIOS, couldn't boot from disk, but I now know why (Curse you windows 8.1!)

Took me almost two days to research, diagnose and fix it with the help of Microsoft live chat. He was pouty that he didn't get a new graphics card out of it. "Shut up and be happy with your nvidia 760. A better card on a 4 year old game that doesn't support a better graphics engine is not going to raise your DPS *sigh*)

Oh ,no. No new video card ? No faster and more cores CPU ?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A light on the dash of my sister's car came on. She rang me. After a little time I figured out the car needed some oil.

She rang back complaining she did not have a funnel small enough. She was trying to put the oil down the oil gauge tube.

Now think a little about what computer problems she has!

She always expected that I could fix it with a magic wand from 70 miles away.

P

new topics

<< 1   >>

join