It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One NY Escaped Prisoners Shot & Killed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
One of the two escaped NY prisoners, Richard Matt has been shot and killed

Richard Matt and David Sweat escaped from prison using power tools almost three weeks ago. Matt was shot near Lake Titus, New York, the Daily Beast news website reported. On Friday, authorities chasing the pair moved the search closer to the Canadian border. Developing reports say that police are converging on an area south of Malone, New York - about 30 miles (48.2 km) from the prison where they escaped and even closer to the Canadian border. Earlier, police had found evidence that the duo left behind, shifting the search to the area around Malone. The two inmates escaped on 6 June from Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora.

BBC

CNY Report

It's a wee-bit safer over in the area now, but the other inmate is still at large. They were also added to FBI's top Most Wanted list.

Hopefully they find the other murderer and he'll get what's coming to him. We shall see...
edit on 26-6-2015 by FamCore because: Link not working

edit on 26-6-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I'm wondering if the other one is dead.

Didn't they find bloody socks?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Police said the bloody sock may not indicate one of them was injured, it was a theory though
link to article on bloody sock

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Nice! Much cheaper than his prison sentence would have been... Not saying I'm necessarily happy that a person died, but this guy was a bad man, who broke out of a place he deserved to be in and was likely a major risk until caught.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The other escapee, David Sweat, was being pursued, the official said.
Link

Apparently he (Matt) was killed in a shootout with police.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well that's good news. One down one to go.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I heard he was killed taking down a rainbow flag to put up a confederate one.

Anyway, glad he's taking a dirt nap. One down, one to go.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Anytime the police shoot at a suspect is it considered a "shootout"? According to what I've read there aren't any reports that the suspect was armed or confrontational - maybe they're still withholding info for the public's safety until the other guy is caught?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

When I first read the headline I wondered if it was a shoot on site type of situation.

Then I saw a tweet that said "shootout" but I haven't seen it confirmed.

Who knows.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wondering why the two of them are not together, thinking something may have happened to the other guy.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Police said the bloody sock may not indicate one of them was injured, it was a theory though
link to article on bloody sock

I think I will wait until there is a definite answer . The last report I heard was Matt was killed and they were in a foot chase with Sweat.

It would only stand to reason if one was shoeless with his feet injured he would be the first one to go down because of the reduced ability to escape and evade .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
He should have Zigged instead of Zagged..Lol

Where they messed up was not having an airplane...Bummer

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What has it been 20 something days....the big one they shot and killed, probably ate the little one.

That's why he took him along in the first place.

All joking aside...there are two prison employees who could benefit greatly if both are shot and killed.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Wetpaint72 because: Edited to add

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Are you folks serious?

You're glad one is dead and hopefully the other one will follow quickly? What had these guys done to deserve such hatred?

Apologies if it is a well known fact these guys were child killers, because in my eyes child killers deserve to die, but I have tried searching for what their initial crimes were, couldn't find anything apart from the fact that they were both attracted to the wrong side for most of their lives.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Well, I *hope* they're using a chopper and I hope both those in it and those on the ground have thermal imaging. If they don't, they're not very good people hunters.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

From what I understand, both are convicted murderers. That doesn't mean they should be shot on site, IMO, but if they won't be taken alive and start shooting at the cops, well...good riddance.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I didn't wish anyone dead, but one of them dismembered someone I thought.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I didn't wish anyone dead, but one of them dismembered someone I thought.

You thought or you know?

There is a massive difference. The MSM have made them out to be such boogey men, yet we are not 100% certain they were as callous as we think.

When I first read the story of their escape, there was no mention of what their crimes were, maybe they were hoping they would be captured quickly. At this stage, I applauded their escape, their daring do. However, ever since their prolonged absence, it has been reported that they are the most evil of killers who will kill you and then maybe exploit your dead body.

Are we being hoodwinked?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

From what I understand, both are convicted murderers. That doesn't mean they should be shot on site, IMO, but if they won't be taken alive and start shooting at the cops, well...good riddance.

From what you understand?

Which means that you do not know 100% for certain that they are convicted murderers.

I'm sure the MSM wouldn't allow such allegations to be aired without having proof though, so I can see to a certain extent why you would just hate on someone simply by accepting what the MSM tell you.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

According to wikipedia, Matt was in fact convicted of killing and dismembers an elderly man (his employer) and murdered another man while on the run.

Now, I'm all for people escaping from prison who don't need to be there, but murderers kinda, uh, deserve to be there and I don't applaud his escape (even if performed well).

Granted, just because someone is convicted of a crime doesn't mean they're guilty.

But of course the media are going to make them out to be monsters. Remember Eric Frein? Hated the government and killed a couple of troopers, was on the run for a few months, I think, and the media acted like he was the devil himself and was going to eat your children alive. Totally uncalled for fear mongering.

These guys, however, Matt and Sweat, just don't seem to give a crap.

Maybe we are being hookwinked, I dunno.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join