It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Delivers Eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Did anyone else feel cold and clamy when he started singing? Watched it live. It was odd.

Then I watched it again when the BBC covered it; worse feeling.

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

--oh, maybe I should stop drinking NyQuil.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeowWix

Interesting post from someone who finds very little to stimulate the mind on ATS and makes selective replies...

That's going from your intro.

edit on 26-6-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

it wasn't the NyQuil.

it was Obama.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
That was quite the performance by the 'Narcissist In Chief'. You can tell he loves his opportunities for pompous, pretentious, pontification.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais
This 'supposed" POTUS that we did not elect. Why can't we address the epidemic of mental (some PTST) for our veterans. Those who become LEO? Why do you become douchebags? Yes, there are those who want to "Protect & Serve) LOL! What a farce. There are those who just want to tackle down a likely driving record.
Have you no shame proto-Nazi?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Interesting post from someone who finds very little to stimulate the mind on ATS and makes selective replies...

That's going from your intro.

Seriously?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
That was quite the performance by the 'Narcissist In Chief'. You can tell he loves his opportunities for pompous, pretentious, pontification.

I agree with you. I hate to bring up the typical Bush vs Obama rhetoric... but President Obama has used anything he can to preach his pompous views compared to prior administration (not to mention he sounds like a song on repeat).

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

but President Obama has used anything he can to preach his pompous views compared to prior administration

Do you say that it is "pompous views" he is "preaching" because he is espousing some extreme agenda on the pulpit, or is it that you just disagree with him?

I don't agree with the president, but he wasn't preaching extremes. He was only talking about the things the people that elected him also believe in. A majority of the black people in that state believe the flag represents racism. Someone has to represent them. Why not a black democrat president that also believes the flag represents racism?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

I agree with you. I hate to bring up the typical Bush vs Obama rhetoric... but President Obama has used anything he can to preach his pompous views compared to prior administration (not to mention he sounds like a song on repeat).

Yeah, cause George declaring Mission Accomplished wasn't just a stunt so that he could say 'ra ra military invasion of the ME ra ra'.

They are ALL the same. No administration lets a good disaster go to waste, when it's to push their political agenda.

~Tenth
edit on 6/27/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Exactly. This is just more of the same partisan politics. They claim Obama is using this to push some sort of political agenda, yet at the same time they are against anything Obama does for their own political agenda.

It's getting old.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I don't think the guy will never be liked despite the good he has done.
Wonder why?.
edit on 27-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Wonder why?.

Brainwashing. Propaganda.

Last year Pew Research conducted a poll that compared political views and the media outlets they used to get their information. The study shows that while liberal/left-leaning people received their information from a wide variety of sources, the right-leaning conservatives got their information from a much smaller, select group of sources. Sources like Fox news, The Blaze, Breitbart and only a few more.

When a large group of people are subjected to propaganda and lies for a prolonged period of time, they eventually begin to think and speak like those propaganda sources.

Have to give them credit. It works.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Wonder why?.

Obama hasn't done anything good. Obama care, TPP, and scandal after scandal. The man is an utter failure who has fomented racial hatred and turned our country into a joke. Worship him if you must, but the man's record stinks.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Wonder why?.

Obama hasn't done anything good. Obama care, TPP, and scandal after scandal. The man is an utter failure who has fomented racial hatred and turned our country into a joke. Worship him if you must, but the man's record stinks.

Actually, if you look at a list of what has occurred during his presidency, he has had some accomplishments. That's not to say that he hasn't had some failures.

I don't like his politics, as he is republican-lite, but he is not the failure you and others seem to think. Obama is not a joke abroad. He is viewed as being a moderate president.

What does make us look like a joke is a party that has become a parody in and of itself in which cartoon characters like Donald Trump is a viable candidate, and the majority of the party can be easily compared to the movie Team America.

The propaganda is so bad on the right that time after time we hear people say that there is a liberal "agenda", we worship Obama and other idiotic regurgitations.

Just because we do not spew the propaganda of the right does not mean we worship Obama or even agree with him. But that idea is a sympton of the propaganda that tells a large group of people that "they are either with us, or against us".

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: catjuggler

Yes, I'm afraid I've passed up suspicious altogether and gone straight to cynical. Gotta hate it when the crystal ball turns out to be right lol

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yeah, cause George declaring Mission Accomplished wasn't just a stunt so that he could say 'ra ra military invasion of the ME ra ra'.

They are ALL the same. No administration lets a good disaster go to waste, when it's to push their political agenda.

1. This isnt a Bush thread

2. How many times over the last 8 years has Obama uttered the words "The war is over"

This guy is George Bush times 100, funny people dont see that when they are STILL 8yrs later trying to bring the past president in to the picture to compensate for Obamas short commings...

3. He uses every single tragedy as a bully pulpit.......well the ones that involve black people that is.......

Funny that......

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Brainwashing. Propaganda.

or....you know....learning from past experiences with him

but hey lets not go there right?!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No. I'm confident in saying it was brainwashing and propaganda.

The same rhetoric, speech, hyperbole and ignorance began even before Obama took office. Even before he had a record to criticize. They've been blasting him with whatever they had ever since he came on the radar.
edit on 27-6-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Maybe he is getting blasted because he is the worst President in US history? I know I see him that way. His 'successes' were screwing up health care worse than it already was and blaming his failures on any one and everyone, but himself. His single most amazing accomplishment is surviving more scandals that all the other Presidents in American history combined.

Name ONE positive thing HE is responsible for...I doubt you can.
edit on 2015/6/27 by Metallicus because: changed that to than

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
"the speaker was joined-at-the-hip with the anti-white/anti-American hate spewing Rev Wright for 30
+ years...
and all of a sudden he is soul-sharing with the slain, righteous man Pinckney~~~ "a reply to: St Udio

I may be mistaken, but Reverend Pinckney was a woman, right?

And those whom are totally taken aback at "how tacky" it is for the president to have said anything political in the eulogy... I don't think the family or he would have done that out of the blue. The family probably had a say in the eulogy.
I think it's a fitting eulogy and an honor for the deceased to have been eulogized by the president. The reverend likely agreed with those views and points. No better way to eulogize this particular individual.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join