It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Delivers Eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As many people thought, President Obama used the Eulogy as more than just a remembrance to this great Reverand... He also used it as a political stunt.

With a rousing eulogy and a chorus of "Amazing Grace," President Barack Obama called on the country Friday to honor the nine victims of the South Carolina church massacre by working toward racial healing. He said that includes removing the Confederate flag from the State House grounds, which he said would be not an act of political correctness but a "meaningful balm" for the unhealed wounds of slavery and the Jim Crow era. "It's true, the flag did not cause these murders," Obama said, but "we all have to acknowledge the flag has always represented more than just ancestral pride. For many, black and white, that flag was a reminder of systemic oppression and racial subjugation. We see that now."

The president used the speech to call for a fairer criminal justice system, better training of police and a greater awareness of hiring discrimination.

He also called attention to "the unique mayhem that gun violence inflicts upon this nation," and said the country needs action on gun control, not just talk.

ETA - this is my first thread, I hope everything worked correctly!

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 26-6-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So what your saying is the right is mad because the left also used this incident to push there agenda.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So what your saying is the right is mad because the left also used this incident to push there agenda.

I don't agree with either side using national incidents to push an agenda.

And I am neither right, nor left.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sounds like Obama is "religious" afterall !!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Policy should never be pushed (or written) during times of crises because politicians will take the hyped up emotions of the citizens to their advantage and push laws through which inhibit liberty. Times of war are the worst, but this is not too far off.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Wouldn't it have been grand if he honored the lives lost, and spoke about healing. wouldn't it also have been grand it the focus could have been on the soul of Charleston and comforting those there? And not to hijack and use it for anything other then honoring the lives lost.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Mr Obama is the head of a nation that both manufactures and ships weapons all around the world . He alone is not to bear that tidal because it seems to be the main export of the USA . The rest of the world is ok with the US citizens having guns or they should be .What the rest of the world is against is the US shipping weapons to other countries or using them against other countries that have not attacked you. There are bad people that will do bad things . Fix the things that create bad people and you will see fewer of these things happen. It's really hard to put such a subject in any positive way because of the pressures from all directions that can come to bear on it .

Trying to even talk about it prior to actually having time to grieve is also a problem .it's really a shame and is actually ugly to watch .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter
Wouldn't it have been grand if he honored the lives lost, and spoke about healing. wouldn't it also have been grand it the focus could have been on the soul of Charleston and comforting those there? And not to hijack and use it for anything other then honoring the lives lost.

Doing the right thing vs. trying to push his progressive liberal agenda are 2 different things. Guess which one wins every time....

The man has very little moral character at all in mho
edit on 26-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like Obama is "religious" afterall !!

He believes himself God. lol!

Pay attention to how he's trying to push gun control...then take a look in history and see what other leader used the same methods....

History will repeat itself....pay attention.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

Did you notice he didn't finish the song .Did you noticed that he mischaracterized Gods Grace .He was way out of his station on this one. A quiet presence would have been a better approach then using it as a stump for his wet dream of disarming Americans .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Overall I think he did a respectful job... I just don't agree with the political twisting. You can honor those who died, you can remember their lives, and you can help bring peace to their loved ones... but to also throw in politics is a little tacky to me.

edit on 26-6-2015 by charolais because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The only things that would surprise me about this are A) that there is anyone out there who couldn't see this coming a mile away and, B) that there is anyone out there who still thinks any of the events leading up to this were not by design. It is disgusting that he (or anyone) would use a tragedy like this as a stepping stone, but he is not the first and I am quite certain he will not be the last. Emotional manipulation continues to be used for one simple reason: because it works.

Thank you for posting, S&F

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A political stunt? Mkay. Seems some people have no grace.

edit on 6/26/2015 by ~Lucidity because: typo'd vx

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Sigh, you seem more jaded than me, I was at least hopeful. It seems as though you were reserved to the fact! BTW I'm going to need you for my College Football pools this year OK, I think you can see the future more realistically than me!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter

Well yeah, but we didn't expect any different. "Never let a crisis go to waste."

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Mr Obama is the head of a nation that both manufactures and ships weapons all around the world . He alone is not to bear that tidal because it seems to be the main export of the USA . The rest of the world is ok with the US citizens having guns or they should be .What the rest of the world is against is the US shipping weapons to other countries or using them against other countries that have not attacked you. There are bad people that will do bad things . Fix the things that create bad people and you will see fewer of these things happen. It's really hard to put such a subject in any positive way because of the pressures from all directions that can come to bear on it .

Trying to even talk about it prior to actually having time to grieve is also a problem .it's really a shame and is actually ugly to watch .

So the leaders of those countries who buy weapons and the soldiers who use them are not to blame for anything?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
A political stunt? Mkay. Seems some people have no grace.

Maybe "political stunt" wasn't the best word, I just don't agree with politics getting thrown into it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
that opportunist used a lot of GOD references

he also brought up the GRACE word so much it was repugnant

the speaker was joined-at-the-hip with the anti-white/anti-American hate spewing Rev Wright for 30
+ years...
and all of a sudden he is soul-sharing with the slain, righteous man Pinckney~~~

BS !!, the slain preacher was not a hate filled communist and revolutionary like Obama-Wright-et al.
so let's make that clear--- in fact let's have proof that Obama even knew the preacher & state senator in SC...

hell no--- they were WORLDS APART in viewpoints

I seen some of the Eulogy (bs from Obama) but it made me sick and I had to switch to TCM channel for some relief

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
that opportunist used a lot of GOD references

he also brought up the GRACE word so much it was repugnant

the speaker was joined-at-the-hip with the anti-white/anti-American hate spewing Rev Wright for 30
+ years...
and all of a sudden he is soul-sharing with the slain, righteous man Pinckney~~~

BS !!, the slain preacher was not a hate filled communist and revolutionary like Obama-Wright-et al.
so let's make that clear--- in fact let's have proof that Obama even knew the preacher & state senator in SC...

hell no--- they were WORLDS APART in viewpoints

I seen some of the Eulogy (bs from Obama) but it made me sick and I had to switch to TCM channel for some relief

I don't doubt you. I can imagine that Reverend Pickney and Obama were worlds apart from one another.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

With a bit of of perspective from beyond the states, it's looking like outright manipulation.

Those who have lost their lives in this tragedy have been used.

RIP.

<<   2  3 >>

join