It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

37 Europeans Murdered, 9 blacks murdered, double standard?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Having just watched the Presidents speech eulogizing the poor victims of the Charleston shooting, politicizing it of course, and having watched the countries reaction over the last week, from such ridiculous tangents as The Dukes of Hazzard television program to hair style choices, I'm in wonder how the world, and the United States will react to the murder of 37 Europeans in Tunisia earlier today. In both cases innocents were slaughtered for the color of their skin, their beliefs, by hateful fringe zealots. Is the a double standard? Will Americans specifically lose their collective-sh#t and start foaming at the mouth over Tunisian gun-control or ... what have you in an analogous matter, or will it be forgotten about as soon as the headlines change.

Thoughts?

edit on 2015-06-26T14:45:39-05:00pm302600000022FridayAmerica/ChicagoFri, 26 Jun 2015 14:45:39 -0500 by catjuggler because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: catjuggler

It would have to have happened here in the US to prove a double standard. It's a tragedy, but it's not going to affect us all like the killings in South Caroline does.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Here in the UK we face a massive Challenge with Immigration and the ever closer threat of ISIS

Our native muslim population must retain the same legal rights as their Celtic neighbours but must openly & honestly renounce some of the aggressive Interpretations of that Damn book so that we and our children can live in peace together in the least Racist, Least phobic Nation under the Union Jack
Trouble is, how do you reach an accord when you understand Taqiyya & kitman

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Americans will not even register this information. It's got a few things working against it.

1. It's in Tunisia.
2. It's confirmation of the endless "war on terror" narrative that many people still cling to. Terrorism is bad. We get it.
3. In spite of how you laid it out, you have no idea if the killers used skin color as criteria for a death sentence. They were likely looking for people exposing skin. They would probably kill any female with ME features exposing skin first. They have a special kind of viciousness for anything they perceive to be blasphemy/heresy.

Do you see Americans deflating their bowels over gun control? I don't. No initiatives and really no ideas on how to stop lone wolf attacks. Maybe people are refining their logic? In other words, no reasonable gun regulation would have stopped this or any other lone wolf attack. And with police killing over 3-4 people every day, I guess they might be figuring out the time is now to arm up.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The attack in Tunisia is connected to the attack in France, the attack in France is seemingly the work of IS, and IS and the BOKO boys have killed thousands of people including thousands of black people. Their madness is that of an obscure sect of Wahabists, named after an extremist.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I agree 100% Glass, on all counts save Obama immediately went to his standard rhetoric regarding gun control the moment he opened his mouth up regarding the tragedy in Charleston. Implying we DO in fact need more "Common Sense" gun controls as he put it, and specifically how easy it is for someone to obtain a gun for a malicious purpose. Hence setting the hackles up on any and all pro-gun 2nd amendment lovers (in full disclosure I am one myself, but not foaming at the mouth over this event nor am I an NRA member by choice philosophically).

Yes I can tell you the tragedy in Tunisia, a greater toll of life (though I believe one cannot measure such tragedies in term of body counts I understand) has already been forgotten over after Obamas Baptist minister-like speech (which had far too much politicizing, sarcasm and out-right humor in it, enough to turn my stomach at his utter lack of tact for the moment or his office).

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

There have been three ISIS attacks in Europe today, coincidence maybe that POTUS sings his way through arguments against racism/negative stereotyping or more likely orchestrated to distract?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Again , Obama cannot use any of these tragedies to further his agendas. Not matter how evil , vile (or the possibility of these things happening in the US) he cannot afford any time or thought to these.
As a true citizen of the US , I condemn these tragedies , and my thoughts and prayers go to the victims and their families.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKMinarchist

There have been three ISIS attacks in Europe today, coincidence maybe that POTUS sings his way through arguments against racism/negative stereotyping or more likely orchestrated to distract?

Tunisia's in Africa...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Again , Obama cannot use any of these tragedies to further his agendas. Not matter how evil , vile (or the possibility of these things happening in the US) he cannot afford any time or thought to these.
As a true citizen of the US , I condemn these tragedies , and my thoughts and prayers go to the victims and their families.

How's this involve President Obama? ISIS is the one claiming these attacks, just as they've massacred thousands of other people. They've also killed people from Ethiopia, Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Japan, etc.

Some of you will find any excuse whatsoever to attack him. It's getting ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In the great scheme of things, the Americans need to sort out there race problems. The news from Tunisia will doubtless be reported, but Obama is right to concentrate on the subject that could spiral out of control. Everyone know that the black / white divide in the US needs some serious attention, both from the whites and the blacks.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Most Americans probably think Tunisia is a spread you use on waffles.

It is a senseless tragedy.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

How's this involve President Obama? ISIS is the one claiming these attacks, just as they've massacred thousands of other people. They've also killed people from Ethiopia, Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Japan, etc.

Some of you will find any excuse whatsoever to attack him. It's getting ridiculous.

Perhaps if he had spent time on a eulogy instead of trying to further his agenda of gun control I would have looked at this more favorably.I do not "attack" anyone . And I am an equal opportunity offender. In this case , under these same circumstances , I would have said the same thing. I call em as I see em. What bothers me is still the blind following of this President. Although there are way less than they used to be as people see what is going on.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKMinarchist

Obama is really one man in charge of a Federation of states, called the USA which is about as united in truth as is there being a man in the Moon [citation needed
] at home. Abroad they are the USA. Either people are impressed with him or not either way, he is here today and gone tomorrow, and can only do so much, and of course there is an agenda, whatever that is.
Taqiyya & kitman , I know you didn't mention it in this post....everybody lies, including those that use the law of the land, with or without bias.
But we are in dangerous times, the biggest conflict I see will be that of religious freedom versus the law of the land, my guess is that there will be new laws that will conflict with religious freedoms.
Ironically Tunisia, formerly a French protectorate, now a fledgling democracy, is considered the start of the Arab Spring.
But then, Iran is also a democracy...d'you see the way it goes?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Perhaps if he had spent time on a eulogy instead of trying to further his agenda of gun control I would have looked at this more favorably.I do not "attack" anyone . And I am an equal opportunity offender. In this case , under these same circumstances , I would have said the same thing. I call em as I see em. What bothers me is still the blind following of this President. Although there are way less than they used to be as people see what is going on.

And what does any of that have to do with these ISIS attacks? He has absolutely nothing to do with them yet you're trying to find some way to link him & "his blind following" to them. That doesn't even make sense.

EDIT: And why should he give a eulogy for these attacks in Africa & Europe? Is the sitting President of the United States of America supposed to give a eulogy every time ISIS makes an attack in another country? Once again, how does that make any sense?
edit on 26-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

And what does any of that have to do with these ISIS attacks? He has absolutely nothing to do with them yet you're trying to find some way to link him & "his blind following" to them. That doesn't even make sense.

EDIT: And why should he give a eulogy for these attacks in Africa & Europe? Is the sitting President of the United States of America supposed to give a eulogy every time ISIS makes an attack in another country? Once again, how does that make any sense?

And how many times in all the times has he condemned or even spoke out about these ? 0 ? No , he is not responsible for IS or the attacks on innocents and anyone gets that . Lets do something about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

And how many times in all the times has he condemned or even spoke out about these ? 0 ? No , he is not responsible for IS or the attacks on innocents and anyone gets that . Lets do something about it.

LOL They just happened! Is the US President supposed to speak out every time there's a terrorist attack in another country? Do you have any idea how many different ISIS attacks are going on right now? Have you kept up with the current air campaign against ISIS at all? Or is the US President supposed to have press conferences 24hrs a day to address every ISIS attack or counterattack? Like I said, that doesn't make sense.

EDIT: As an example, ISIS just killed another 145+ civilians in Syria (ISIS kills at least 145 civilians in Syria's Kobani, monitoring group says). Are you also going to complain because President Obama hasn't addressed that too?

top topics

join