It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Condemns SCOTUS Same-Sex Marriage Ruling

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Marriage is like a flag.

It is a symbol.

What you infuse into that symbol is up to you.

Now, everyone has an equal opportunity to obtain that same flag.

(as long as it's not confederate, that is)

right....because nobody can buy a confederate flag anymore...c'mon, beez....go on the internet, like I did, and there are plenty of businesses selling it...besides, what does the confederate flag have to do with gay marriage?....all that flag does is remind the millions of black people that their ancestors were slaves for hundreds of years in this country

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
If jesus really existed he would be rolling on is cloud, equality and love won today.

He does exist and knows what's in your heart. Are you sure you are safe from judgement so easily? I feel sorry for those ignorant in the belief they are safe from the jaws of Satan while they claim Christ doesn't exist. Seems you already know that Sodomy is evil or you wouldn't be against Christ so easily. That is what guilt does. Those who have guilt and are smart will ditch the self pride and humble themselves. Run away from sin quickly before the jaws of death claim your soul.

Self pride and arrogance won today, not love or equality. Government sponsored Sodomy spells doom for America. Sodomy is still illegal in most states. Just facts, not judging anyone, all observations. Only Christ has the authority to say who will be judged. That doesn't mean people can't say what is right and wrong. So I'm saying it.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: beezzer
Marriage is like a flag.

It is a symbol.

What you infuse into that symbol is up to you.

Now, everyone has an equal opportunity to obtain that same flag.

(as long as it's not confederate, that is)

all that flag does is remind the millions of black people that their ancestors were slaves for hundreds of years in this country

I take it you are for the removal of the American flag too since it reminds the Indians of the horrors that the government did to them.
Right?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
all that flag does is remind the millions of black people that their ancestors were slaves for hundreds of years in this country

And I, for one, don't want anyone to ever forget that.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You mean the God and Jesus of man the one that have man qualities and judge with man created laws, I doubt that the God in haven give two darns about what the body does before the soul reach its final destination without a body and no sex.

Beside that you condemn sodomy but what you call when is two women? which is their man create sin

Didn't you know that the bible is the word of man and the words as flaw as men itself.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You mean the God and Jesus of man the one that have man qualities and judge with man created laws, I doubt that the God in haven give two darns about what the body does before the soul reach its final destination without a body and no sex.

Beside that you condemn sodomy but what you call when is two women? which is their man create sin

Didn't you know that the bible is the word of man and the words as flaw as men itself.

Sodomy is not gender specific, or rather, it is all inclusive.
It is what it is. If you read the history of Sodom the city, you will see they felt the same as current SCOTUS, and you can still find pure samples of very pure sulfur with magnesium as an oxidizer buried deep under the ash that still covers that city. Which, when it was found was defined as unlikely to be expected in nature. It's the only place in the world where that compound mix can be found.

I would say they did something wrong in that old town.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You're right. Heterosexuals also engage in pleasurable acts sodomy. So, why pick on the gays? Why not go after remarried divorcees. adulterers, whom Jesus DID condemned and leave sexual position preferences behind closed doors where they belong?

edit on 27-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You're right. Heterosexuals also engage in pleasurable acts sodomy. So, why pick on the gays? Why not go after remarried divorcees. adulterers, whom Jesus DID condemned and leave sexual position preferences behind closed doors where they belong?

Well there are exceptions to the Adultry rule and the divorce rule. It is important to understand that in the case of adultery, a spouse is not REQUIRED to divorce. They just have that option available, and if they choose divorce in that case, it isn’t a sin. In other words, they can choose to remain with their spouse and forgive the one who cheated on them if they desire to do so, but they also have the option to also divorce them and move on and there is no sin in it

Also when your or your childrens lives are in danger you can divorce as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

According to Jesus, Matthew 19, the only reason for divorce is sexual infidelity. Usually, however, they just stoned adulterers, but the Pharisees seemed to be slipping and not stoning ALL adulterers nor bratty mouthy teenagers, for that matter either!

However, there was never an out for women or children who were being beaten and abused, It was their lot to be subservient to their husbands and fathers. So, unless you can provide me some scripture with Jesus saying that woman can leave husband who threaten them with bodily harm, I think you're just making that up.

edit on 28-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I said Sodomy was not gender specific, and it doesn't target gays alone. I wasn't picking on anyone, just referring to the evil city of Sodom which had all kinds of evil including adultery, murder, pedophiles, rape, etc. etc. Learn some reading comprehension.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I wasn't picking on anyone, just referring to the evil city of Sodom which had all kinds of evil including adultery, murder, pedophiles, rape, etc. etc.
Learn some reading comprehension.

Actually, if you did a little research, beyond the mind numbing rhetoric, you'd find that the story of Sodom actually never mentions homosexuality at all. The crimes of Sodom involved hospitality.

Matthew 10:15:
"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. 15"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

Ezekiel 16:49
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

edit on 28-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

According to Jesus, Matthew 19, the only reason for divorce is sexual infidelity. Usually, however, they just stoned adulterers, but the Pharisees seemed to be slipping and not stoning ALL adulterers nor bratty mouthy teenagers, for that matter either!

However, there was never an out for women or children who were being beaten and abused, It was their lot to be subservient to their husbands and fathers. So, unless you can provide me some scripture with Jesus saying that woman can leave husband who threaten them with bodily harm, I think you're just making that up.

I suggest you study the meanings. Other verses give examples supporting divorce. Women arent stuck forever as some would have you believe. I am also p paraphrasing stuff from religious scholars BTW not just personal opinion. Verses have deeper meanings than just literal you know in some situations. ALSo Jesus was addressing a TEACHER of jewish LAW with Matthew 19.

Also then Since GentiLeS are not under the Jewish covenant then does that apply?YJE OT covenant is not the NT one.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Yes, yes. There have been logical arguments that have been debated throughout the ages within the Christian church that have given way to more lenient divorce rules. But, the only excuse that Jesus gave for "putting you wife away" was adultery.

For heavens sake, (Catholic) Ireland legalized gay marriage, but divorce is still illegal there! I wonder what the domestic violence and murder rates are?

But I digress, that has nothing to do with gay marriage, or why some Christians feel the need to continue to shame and alienate their gay neighbors.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Self pride and arrogance won today, not love or equality.

No, It was Freedom of Religion that won. Trying to force your religious views on others that gay marriage should not be allowed for anyone because of your beliefs is self-pride, arrogance, and a disregard for The Constitution.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join