It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why are we locked int a physical realm of present, and not just inter-dimensional beings that can experience time in any direction?

Why are we experiencing a small blip of the universe creating and remembering itself at the same time?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Can you expand on your thoughts just a little bit more?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Can you expand on your thoughts just a little bit more?

or...

Full Definition of EXPOUND transitive verb 1 a : to set forth : state b : to defend with argument 2 : to explain by setting forth in careful and often elaborate ...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
my apologies.
Time is just a measurement that ultimately relies on gravity.
our universe is not dependent on gravity, therefore it does not experience time.
thus our current experience of consciousness is both an active creation and a memory at the same time.

we are able to control thoughts, mental images and real life actions.
real life action is the only factor that involves time.
therefore we are inter dimensional beings experiencing a small part of the universe creating itself and remembering itself at the same time.

but we currently reside in a very physical reality where we measure time and events. my question was:
but why? why are we/am I experiencing a physical reality right now?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jaheki

TIME

TIME TO GO,
TIME TO SHOW,
TIME FOR LOVE,
TIME FOR HATE,
TIME IS ME,
TIME IS YOU,
TIME CAN STOP,
TIME CAN FLOW,
TIME IN A BOTTLE,
TIME IN A VACUUM,
TIME WILL SLEEP,
TIME WILL WAKE,

TIME FOREVER WILL END TOGETHER!

There are many reasons why you are here in this reality, ultimately, you chose to be here. However, when you wish to be elsewhere, without the constraints of time, you are capable of that, too!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, there isn't a place in the universe with zero gravity. So, although not constant, time is real, there is no denying it.

Time expands and dilates but NOW, isn't a memory.

Because of light's limited speed, we surely could say that we see the past when looking at stars...but that past is happening NOW from our point of view...it's still not a memory.

Time can be calculated anywhere, not being constant doesn't change anything.

Whatever the conclusion, we are still nowhere in defining the reason for existence.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I wonder about such things as radioactive decay, I am not sure if it is a constant in the universe or not but wouldn't that be somewhat of a measurement of time in the universe? Like if I had two carbon atoms, one on earth and say one next to a black hole would one decay faster then the other? I would say just the fact that there is decay is proof that there is a concept of time without a conscious observer.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

why are we/am I experiencing a physical reality right now?

Why not?

Somebody thought you so remarkably, singularly unique, that they gave you a run for your money. You show great promise, there is none other like you, the stage is yours. How are you going to behave?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

There are many reasons why you are here in this reality, ultimately, you chose to be here. However, when you wish to be elsewhere, without the constraints of time, you are capable of that, too!
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

You are very wise, thank you for helping me.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Whatever the conclusion, we are still nowhere in defining the reason for existence.
a reply to: theMediator

Oh, Oh, I got this one!

TO EXIST.

Thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Maybe we are trapped here by pragmatic, higher evolved spiritual beings using us to feed them with our frequently shed emotional energy...

or we, as energy critters craving a new experience, saw a cool area of physicality (this universe), got involved with yummy taste, mind bending chems, primal music and sexy good times and forgot we have other things to do... places to go...

OR we're all plugged into a super modern history class's computer simulation in some super high tech society where one "plays" all the characters from history in seeming real time to really understand what happened (but in real, real time, all those lifetimes take but a moment) ...

But as I forgot what exactly the initial scenario was, I think I'll refrain from typing anymore... excuse me... it's hot where I am and I might have sunstroke.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Ive always wondered the same thing. Why are we so limited in such a limitless space and time? Why are there planets and galaxies that we will never even have the chance of seeing or experiencing. Why not just, Earth, Sun and black space. Doesn't seem like we need the extra stuff there. It seems like its all put there to antagonize us and downplay our very existence. It never made sense to me. What allows me to sleep a little better at night is that possibility always exist. There is always the possibility of something happening or something created to reach vast areas of the universe and expand our horizon of knowledge and know how as living beings on this planet and within this universe. I guess the easy way out of this madness is to live and forget rather than live and wonder.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
theMediator

Your logic is all true, if you are talking about time in a linear format.

Time in a nonlinear format is past present and future combined.

We experience the present in a physical reality. But the present is just the perception of future becoming past.

So everything that is going to happen has already happened in a sense, but we can still shape the outcome because in this moment the universe is being created, shaping all of its events. It's a very special thing that we get to be a part of.

In conclusion, the universe as a whole, In this moment is creating itself, experiencing itself and remembering itself.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcal2k3

Ive always wondered the same thing. Why are we so limited in such a limitless space and time? Why are there planets and galaxies that we will never even have the chance of seeing or experiencing. Why not just, Earth, Sun and black space. Doesn't seem like we need the extra stuff there. It seems like its all put there to antagonize us and downplay our very existence. It never made sense to me. What allows me to sleep a little better at night is that possibility always exist. There is always the possibility of something happening or something created to reach vast areas of the universe and expand our horizon of knowledge and know how as living beings on this planet and within this universe. I guess the easy way out of this madness is to live and forget rather than live and wonder.

Your life is a part of the universe experiencing and becoming more aware of itself.

Why are we this current consciousness at this particular time? Not sure. But we should make the most of it. And that doesn't necessary mean we will never have the opportunity to experience another consciousness, at another time.

If we do have the opportunity to have another consciousness it would mean that we would eventually get to be every consciousness, but because of time, it seems very grand.

At the same time you are experiencing time bound physical reality, and you are also the entire universe.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Maybe we are trapped here by pragmatic, higher evolved spiritual beings using us to feed them with our frequently shed emotional energy...

I don't have anything to prove that theory wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I wonder about such things as radioactive decay, I am not sure if it is a constant in the universe or not but wouldn't that be somewhat of a measurement of time in the universe? Like if I had two carbon atoms, one on earth and say one next to a black hole would one decay faster then the other? I would say just the fact that there is decay is proof that there is a concept of time without a conscious observer.

I would have to agree, time is very real.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaheki

I would have to agree, time is very real.

What is appearing is changing and what is seeing is never changing - this gives rise to the concept of time.
The conscious observer never moves - it is the environment which moves.

Notice that when you are in a car (driving along a road) you are not moving but the environment/scenery is. Notice that you (the conscious observer) are not moving but what is being seen and heard is.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
You're a spirit tethered unto a material body because the designers of your life scripted this experience so you'd learn what best you need to grow and mature as a conscious entity.

Time exists because it's a refraction of the consciousness of God, which springs into motion as it prisms through the membrane at the edge of this reality.

For more, see my jungle experiences @ ayaadventure.wordpress.com

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
You're a spirit tethered unto a material body because the designers of your life scripted this experience so you'd learn what best you need to grow and mature as a conscious entity.

You do not need to learn or grow consciousness. You are conscious of whatever is appearing already. The issue is that you believe that you are an 'entity' that can 'become' more.

Time exists because it's a refraction of the consciousness of God, which springs into motion as it prisms through the membrane at the edge of this reality.

Time does not exist. The light that is constantly here is just appearing different.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I am a conscious entity that can continue learning and improving. And I shall.

Within this reality time does exist. That's why your body will eventually decay unto the point where your spirit needs depart.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join