It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm not pigeon holing you. I was agreeing with you. Sorry if it sounded overly sarcastic. Too much Sarcastaball. It's giving me head injuries.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

They are - and if I was an American Citizen i would be embarrassed that it took so long to join the rest of the Western World in equality.

The same Religious Arguments (Biblical Scripture) were used by the Christian Right during the Slave Trade, Interracial Marriage and now Gay Marriage. The only thing good about the Christian Right is it is consistent in its hatred towards its fellow man!!

Anyhow, this thread is a celebration of today's ruling and that your fellow American Citizens who happen to be gay are now equal to you! God created the universe over 13 billion years ago, i doubt very much he even knows we exist or if he does I'm sure he's real busy dealing with more important stuff than to smite the USA for allowing two adults to celebrate their love!

If you want yet another theological debate on the rights or wrongs of this ruling then create another thread and ill be happy to join you! But you and others are yet again on the wrong side of history on this subject!!
edit on 26.6.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Actually we humans created the laws of nature that are base in our believes influenced by religious views.

Nature does as what nature does and it can be variable depending on the circumstances, we humans have the need to a set of natural laws that can not change because it contradicts what we have created as a the law.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: beezzer

So let's get this straight. Roberts upheld the ACA saying that it was not the job of the court to contradict the votes of the people in one case but then overturns laws voted for by the people in this case?

I think he used the 14th Amendment to strengthen his case in this.

As for ACA?

Supremo-care"

I'm just making the observation that there seems to be a bit of inconsistency in how the SCOTUS has been ruling as of late.

Doesn't matter now, the ruling has been made!

Well, of course it matters. Regardless what side of this issue you fall on, I think we all agree that we want consistency in our judiciary and do not want them to rule differently on each time based on the politics behind each and every law. It sort of invalidates the entire reason behind the SCOTUS.

Its doesn't matter cause no matter what you or anyone else says in this forum or any other forum will not change the fact that the SCOTUS has passed the law agreeing to marriage equality!!

Nothing gonna change that ruling!!!

link   

True, but this is the steps we had to take since they are... the government was the one denying our rights and recognition of Same-Sex weddings. we can all stand here and say the government shouldn't be involved and we should all be able to get married and recognized, but the reality now is that the government was, and so these steps had to be taken

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Greathouse
Hmmm my statement could've been left at one simple response and not dragged through this thread . But 3 to 4 posters chose to respond and continue the debate because I hit a sensitive issue .

Conversations are a two way street buddy. You are just as guilty as the rest of us for continuing the conversation. Wait you started the conversation, we wouldn't have even been talking about it if it weren't for you.

Next time instead of insulting someone just passed over it. But I like how you engaged me and then switch the blame to me that's hypocritical also .

I didn't insult you. I asked you what Islam has to do with gay marriage, but the blame has ALWAYS been at your feet. You posted an offtopic point in the thread, not me. The most I'm guilty of is being trolled.

Conversations are a two way street buddy. You are just as guilty as the rest of us for continuing the conversation. Wait you started the conversation, we wouldn't have even been talking about it if it weren't for you.

I completely agree. Yet you accused me of dragging this subject through the thread on the last post while you were in fact involved in dragging it through the thread .

Again you have taken another hypocritical stance that borders on hyperbole.

I didn't insult you. I asked you what Islam has to do with gay marriage, but the blame has ALWAYS been at your feet.

You assaulted me when you accused me of derailing the thread and suggesting I start another one . And again you lay the blame my feet when you simply could've walked away from the discussion .

You posted an offtopic point in the thread, not me. The most I'm guilty of is being trolled.

I posted something I saw as an issue in the thread. If anyone is being trolled it me with your incessant need to insert yourself as a pseudo moderator in the fourm.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You going to make me explain this ?

How about some common sense as in the colon being used as a "waste" exit and not meant to be hammered during a sex act.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'm just making the observation that there seems to be a bit of inconsistency in how the SCOTUS has been ruling as of late.

Only if you look at the decisions with "politic" glasses on... If you realize that the SC's job is to interpret the law and determine if it's conformant to the Constitution, there is no inconsistency. It was determined that:

1. Obamacare (the law under question) allowed subsidies for people in all the states, even if their state did not have an insurance exchange.

2. Bans on same sex marriage (the law under question) do not conform to the 14th amendment.

link   

Unfortunately, Gay folk can be brainwashed by biblical scripture as well. I am more than aware that gay folk go to church, look at all these anti gay pastors who damn Gays to hell, then go and find the nearest "Glory hole" leaving their wifes and kids at home!!

link   
Mark my words....

The next natural disaster in the US will be blamed on this ruling. Gods will....

www.advocate.com...
edit on 26-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: flammadraco

It is embarrassing that the US was behind other countries in a basic Human right

link   

originally posted by: Battleline

How about some common sense as in the colon being used as a "waste" exit and not meant to be hammered during a sex act.

Why then would the body include nerves within the colon that stimulate pleasure centers in our brains when activated?
edit on 26-6-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Exacctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but hell is going to fall over our nation

so say the religious right, is going to be a heck of ride to see what the so call religious anti same sex marriage groups

will concoct next.

I am getting my popcorn ready.

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Functions of the human body have nothing to do with religion.

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: raedar

That's a fine concept until your partner becomes ill or dies and you have no way to sign consent forms or have full property rights...the family can shut you out. It's really complicated and this is the ONLY way!

No its not........its quite simple....

it means that the gov cant mandate if you can or cant get married based on your sexual orientation........

That doesnt mean that they dont honor the legal binding there of.......

Again we shouldnt have the gov mandating either way......

Why is this concept so hard for people to comprehend?

I'm responding to what you said so maybe you need to explain yourself better-

Gay and want to get married, cool, there are many churches that will let you.......

How is going to a church and having a marriage ceremony going to help someone who is locked in a legal battle with their dead same-sex spouses family? Plenty of horror stories about that, including custody battles. That kind of heartbreak ends today, be HAPPY!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Tell that to the Straight people that do the same

link   
a reply to: xuenchen Finally! I am so very happy for the citizens that now have this part of equal protection under the law.

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Indigent
If this is all good now, why is polygamy illegal?

Maybe one say it will be...

In the meantime, here's a representation of the US states where same-sex marriage is now legal.

That is the prettiest map I've ever seen of America.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

Yes. I am. Because to me that looks like hyperbole.

Common sense? Common sense tells me that homosexuality doesn't automatically mean that the two people are doing it in the butt (for instance lesbians), as well as straight couples also do it in the butt.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Exacctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but hell is going to fall over our nation

so say the religious right, is going to be a heck of ride to see what the so call religious anti same sex marriage groups

will concoct next.

I am getting my popcorn ready.

We had the same in the UK when Gay Marriage was finally legalised, the difference is when religious folks say that here, they are laughed at and have to resign as they are not classed as fit for public service. In the US it seems in the South that it is a requirement to be homophobic to get in to the Republican Party!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join