It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I also like the Kinsey scale because a spectrum perspective also fits better than categorizing sexuality as this, that or the other only.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: luthier

Sexual predators have a sixth sense for vulnerable children and adults. For a child molester, what could be a better target than a closeted gay kid? It becomes another secret to be kept buried and less chance of ever being accused by the victim.

Yes. Availability is the primary target of sexual predators.

When girls started being "Alter Girls" they were molested too.

A predator may have a gender preference, but it's still about availability.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

I also like the Kinsey scale because a spectrum perspective also fits better than categorizing sexuality as this, that or the other only.

Yes, I think Kinsey may have been the first in determing sexuality is not black and white (at least to make it public knowledge).

A transgender doctor said: "Sexuality is all shades of gray". We really need to get past the physical gender of male/female.

I think Sexual Fluidity is the best terminology to come along in a long time.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Exactly, same with gender.. explaining Genderfluidity to some people is like explaining Bisexuality. they think it's a "Choice" or decision and it's "Invalid"

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Exactly, same with gender.. explaining Genderfluidity to some people is like explaining Bisexuality. they think it's a "Choice" or decision and it's "Invalid"

Sorry I misspoke. I am programmed too ha.

I am uncomfortable validating Kinseys work though a lot of it is good. He did some awful things to children. I guess the actual writings should be held separately. Same reason I am uncomfortable calling myself progressive since the early 20th century progressives had very ugly ideas about women and immigrants.

Reiche also had some good work.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Gender Fluidity ----- I LIKE it.

I do use the information I learn here when talking to people.

It's not something I ever bring up, but I sure correct those who do

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

He did some awful things to children.

There is no proof that he did as far as I know.

But, he did not report on who his pedophile sources were. He did protect them to gain knowledge.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Like "Lifestyle Choice" like when people talk about GLBTQ+ and they say "Hey it's their choice".. ummm no... or "I don't have a problem wit their Lifestyle Choice" umm GLBTQ+ is not a "Lifestyle"

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Same reason I am uncomfortable calling myself progressive . . .

I call myself Progressive because I believe we must always keep moving forward with new knowledge and understanding.

No one defines my Progressive ideaology but, me.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Like "Lifestyle Choice" like when people talk about GLBTQ+ and they say "Hey it's their choice".. ummm no... or "I don't have a problem wit their Lifestyle Choice" umm GLBTQ+ is not a "Lifestyle"

I know.

Lifestyle is, do you prefer a sports car or truck, sushi or burger, white collar, blue collar, city or rural, etc.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Okuur!

It's a way to say publicly you are "Ok: with the GLBTQ+ but at the same time throw a little backhand in there

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Okuur!

It's a way to say publicly you are "Ok: with the GLBTQ+ but at the same time throw a little backhand in there

Fluidity ---- my new favorite word.

Yes. There is a great thread on ATS: "I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Oh, i've never seen that post.. i wish i was involved when it started because it's very that... as if qualifying yourself as a "Friend of a Gay" means everything derogatory you say doesn't count

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Anyone interested about what modern American Progressives actually stand for and believe can refer to Congressional Progressive Caucus - The Progressive Promise.

I gar-un-tee that the reality is not what many here at ATS claim. In fact, nothing could be farther from the truth.

Fairness For All

The Congressional Progressive Caucus believes in government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Our fairness plan is rooted in our core principles. It also embodies national priorities that are consistent with the values, needs, and hopes of all our people, not just the powerful and the privileged. We pledge our unwavering commitment to these legislative priorities and we will not rest until they become law.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Progress is evil

Just some news Updates:

www.advocate.com...

Local Newspaper Bans Gay Wedding Announcements

edit on 18-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
GBS. Gay Bowel Syndrome

Eeeeeew. Yes, that's a medically recognized term. Many suffers must wear diapers, because of a severely damaged rectum. Eeeew

Know the statistics on how many people with same sex attraction have GBS? I do.

Adult men wearing diapers. Ya, love wins, so does Depends@.

Yeah I was hoping we would leave that one alone..... It is gross no arguing there.

What you perhaps don't understand is the things people do to themselves to get that bad. I'm not going to go into detail because even a a gay person it scares me the stupid things people do, but let's just say you have to be a hardcore and very stupid person who lives breathes and eats promiscuous sex to get that bad.

It doesn't affect every gay person, and it is kinda on the people who do get it's own head.

As for colon cancer, yes there is a heightened risk. Screening and early detection as always are the best cure.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Same reason I am uncomfortable calling myself progressive . . .

I call myself Progressive because I believe we must always keep moving forward with new knowledge and understanding.

No one defines my Progressive ideaology but, me.

Not a knock on you in anyway. Or anything you refer to yourself as. I was just referring to how I feel about the word after learning about what people thought about other races and women in the early 1900's progressive party. The progressives now are as different as the conservatives now. I guess I am overly cautious with language and try to not label myself to have better neutral arguments.

All of your criticisms I take seriously. When you pointed out my mistake in language I do take it seriously because it is important to me to not offend people in order to bring them back together. Unless they are already exhibiting such behavior that is so full of egocentric hate its better to just move on or outright mirror it back.

I defend Christians when Atheists use fallacy in argument. I defend Atheists when Christians use fallacy in argument. I do not defend bigotry, hate, and violence towards the innocent.

I have seen enough solid information over the years that Kinsey was a pedophile. I respect a lot of his work and leave open the possibility people were just afraid of it and slandered him. Like how Wilhelm Reich was the only supreme court ordered book burning in US history for his work on sex.

edit on 19-7-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I have seen enough solid information over the years that Kinsey was a pedophile.

You would have to provide info for me. I know its suspected, but as far as I know there is nothing concrete backing it up.

He had critics for sure who made these claims. One person who worked for him may have said it was possible or had suspicions, not sure (its been a while since I researched Kinsey).

And - - I suggest you research any person making claims about Kinsey. Such as Judith Reisman:

Judith Reisman was recently quoted in the Sunday Los Angeles Times as one of Alfred Kinsey's chief detractors. Indeed, she has made a career out of trying to discredit Kinsey, a career which we will review here. Reisman's work would be of little consequence were she not referenced by so many conservative Christian organizations, from the Family Research Council, to James Dobson's Focus on the Family, to Beverly LaHaye's Concerned Women of America. www.glapn.org...

More on Judith Reisman:

Allegations of homosexual recruitment of children
Reisman has claimed that the homosexuals employ recruitment techniques that rival those of the United States Marine Corps. Reisman cited "a clear avenue for the recruitment of children" by homosexuals in her public support of Oregon Ballot Measure 9 (1992). In 1994, Reisman spoke at a conference of Christian leaders in Colorado Springs, saying that homosexual "recruitment is loud; it is clear; it is everywhere." She estimated the homosexual population at the time to be 1-2%, but she predicted at least 20% (and possibly over 30%) "of the young population will be moving into homosexual activity" as a result of recruitment. en.wikipedia.org...

I hope I didn't offend you when I stated my position of what Progressive is to me. Its just me. Wasn't directed at you.

edit on 19-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I have seen enough solid information over the years that Kinsey was a pedophile.

You would have to provide info for me. I know its suspected, but as far as I know there is nothing concrete backing it up.

He had critics for sure who made these claims. One person who worked for him may have said it was possible or had suspicions, not sure (its been a while since I researched Kinsey).

And - - I suggest you research any person making claims about Kinsey. Such as Judith Reisman:

Judith Reisman was recently quoted in the Sunday Los Angeles Times as one of Alfred Kinsey's chief detractors. Indeed, she has made a career out of trying to discredit Kinsey, a career which we will review here. Reisman's work would be of little consequence were she not referenced by so many conservative Christian organizations, from the Family Research Council, to James Dobson's Focus on the Family, to Beverly LaHaye's Concerned Women of America. www.glapn.org...

More on Judith Reisman:

Allegations of homosexual recruitment of children
Reisman has claimed that the homosexuals employ recruitment techniques that rival those of the United States Marine Corps. Reisman cited "a clear avenue for the recruitment of children" by homosexuals in her public support of Oregon Ballot Measure 9 (1992). In 1994, Reisman spoke at a conference of Christian leaders in Colorado Springs, saying that homosexual "recruitment is loud; it is clear; it is everywhere." She estimated the homosexual population at the time to be 1-2%, but she predicted at least 20% (and possibly over 30%) "of the young population will be moving into homosexual activity" as a result of recruitment. en.wikipedia.org...

I hope I didn't offend you when I stated my position of what Progressive is to me. Its just me. Wasn't directed at you.

No yoh disnt offend me. I think you are a very respectful writer. I think i just wanted to clarify my position and that I understand the progressive party is no longer the one of old. Same as conservatives are no longer the classical liberals they used to be.

I completely understand many of Kinsey's enemies were defaming him because of his work not actions. This is why I mentioned Wilhelm Reich. Same deal. He talked about sex. Your not supposed to do that even in some parts of the country today (though I wonder how people can be so ignorant)

I kind of stir people up some times to see if how far they have actually thought about beliefs.

For instance I call my self pro life. Though by actual definition politically speaking I am pro choice. Meaning my personal opinion is that if the fetus has started to grow past 12 weeks I try and persuade people lovingly and personally that there may be other options. I consider abortions past the supreme courts definition of viable fetus murder philosophcally. I am agnostic it not a religous argument. Of course there are many exceptions to this and tragedies like that in Nebraska which led to a woman dieing because of the 20 week law are disgusting. I find zealot who condemn and hate woman for the choices they made disgusting.

I call myself prolife because they shouldnt own that word phrase so I should probably consider the same with progressives. Though I am more a liberal libertarian myself.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I enjoy your posts. I can feel your compassion. I'm an energy empath.

I'm a Spiritual Atheist, yes there is such a thing. Raised Christian.

I have issues with people who think Pro-Choice means pro abortion. It doesn't. Its a very difficult choice to make for most.

But, back to Marriage Equality before we both get in trouble. Oh, and I'm a hetero female.

---------------------------------------------------------

Here's what we're mostly facing now.

“All religious Americans deserve assurance that they can carry out their conscience without a federal government crackdown,” said Representative Bill Flores, Republican of Texas and the committee’s chairman. www.nytimes.com...

edit on 19-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88 >>

join