It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It is, it is... slowly and surely

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Your agenda and hatred is nasty, unreasonable and not true.
All you are doing is providing proof that more and more ATS is the realm of the bigot, the ignorant, and the right-wing.

Geez Louise, get a grip and show some compassion.

Thankfully, in New Zealand, homosexual marriage is fine and legal. I know some amazing Gay couples who have incredibly fulfilling lives and I am honoured and privileged to call them my friends. My partner was even 'best woman' at a gay wedding.

You're welcome here any time, Darth. Not all of us judge.

edit on 18-7-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Thank you, If i ever get enough Money, i'll make sure New Zealand is on my tour list

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Hey Darth, a little off topic but, why do people suffering with same sex attraction have an average life expectancy of 46 years of age, while normal life expectancy is a full 33 years longer at 79?

I'm just curious, I'm wondering if you knew why that was? Heck it's alot worse than smoking, which only takes 10 years off a persons life, on average.

We're here for a good time, not a long time

AIDS and suicide are both endemic issues that lower the average lifespan in our community. It's okay to talk about it, but it is not a reason to hate or discriminate.

We fight for equality to raise self esteem. We educate about AIDS, STI's and safer sex to slow their spread. Promoting lasting and monogamous relationships is a central pillar to helping improve self image and help keep STIs from running rampant.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

There is never a reason to hate or discriminate. I like to walk WITH people, not stand to the side, pointing with a judgmental finger.

I agree with your compassionate advice for your community, lasting monogamous relationships. I would throw in chastity first though, because unfortunately your community is not heeding your advice, as the statistics show. Do you know what the statistics are on lasting, monogamous relationships in the same sex attraction community? I do, and they don't look good for same sex unions, unless being promiscuous is baked into the cake already.

Wait, have we changed words again to suit the PC crowd? STD. Sexually Transmitted Disease. What's an STI? Never heard of it.

Colo-rectal cancer caused by anal masturbation is a disease. Now, what are we calling it? An Infection? Lol

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

See? Truth is now bigotry. How sad.

I am not judgmental, as far as a person's soul. That's not my job. But a person's actions? Absolutely, especially when the statistics are all over the place. The numbers speak for themselves. statistics don't lie, statisticians lie.

I'm sorry it makes you uncomfortable that the overwhelming proof shows the same sex attraction lifestyle is very very unhealthy. I know it's certainly an aspect of that lifestyle that folks in that community don't like to discuss.

I'd rather try and save a life than point a finger and laugh. People with same sex attraction should practice chastity, it's that simple. There's more to life than sex.

Chastity is FABulous!!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
GBS. Gay Bowel Syndrome

Eeeeeew. Yes, that's a medically recognized term. Many suffers must wear diapers, because of a severely damaged rectum. Eeeew

Know the statistics on how many people with same sex attraction have GBS? I do.

Adult men wearing diapers. Ya, love wins, so does Depends@.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
For the record, I love Darth, and want only what's best for him/her.

Darth is FABulous, I completely agree.

It's because of my love for him/her that I bring these statistics to light. I want to save his/her life.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Yes, i totally agree, education and knowledge are vital. Young folks need to learn the facts of this lifestyle. It is deeply damaging, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It can kill you.

Darth, your story is tragic, it makes me cry at the thought of what you endured. I'm so sorry you had such asshats for parents. I hope you pray for them, and I hope you can forgive them someday. I've already prayed for you....and I will include your parents now.

I've suffered child abuse myself. I think many many many kids do, the only differences being form, duration and response to said abuse.

You're loved Darth. But I don't think you know it. You're amazing in your own Darth way. Never change the "real" Darth.

Have you looked into "Courage" yet?

a reply to: Darth_Prime

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

You are advocating for homosexuals to deny the happiness that straight people are able to have, pointing out every negative thing that happens to gay people saying "eww, eww" as if being heterosexuals are somehow immune to such things, and disguising your condemnation by calling it love.

Calling a bad fruit "good" doesn't change the fact that it tastes rotten.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Gay folks are just as fully capable of being happy as heterosexual people, geez, what planet are you from? Lol

But, truly, what is happiness? That's tough to fully define when you only live to be 46.

Happiness is a feeeeeling. And we all know our feelings are quite frequently, dead wrong, pun intended. In other words, gay people say they're happy, but they're not.

75% of psychiatrists say gay folks are depressed and sad. And 75% of that 75% say that it's not caused by social stigmatization. They need to stop blaming everyone else, and take a long look in the mirror.

I'm no psychiatrist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. They suffer depression because of a deep seated identity crisis. It's that simple.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Gay folks are just as fully capable of being happy as heterosexual people, geez, what planet are you from? Lol

I never said gay people weren't capable as being as happy as heterosexuals. I said you are advocating for homosexuals to deny themselves of the happiness heterosexuals have. "The" refers to the happiness of having a sex-life.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Obviously, you wouldn't believe me if I told you a persons true happiness is not determined solely by their sex life. That is unthinkable to a hedonist.

Sex is wonderful, a true gift. But if that's your basis for happiness, I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

75% of psychiatrists say gay folks are depressed and sad. And 75% of that 75% say that it's not caused by social stigmatization.

You have a source for this allegation, I assume? I mean OTHER than Family Research Council.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Obviously, you wouldn't believe me if I told you a persons true happiness is not determined solely by their sex life. That is unthinkable to a hedonist.

Sex is wonderful, a true gift. But if that's your basis for happiness, I feel sorry for you.

Believe it or not, homosexual couples can experience love that goes beyond sex as well. I know a middle-aged gay couple that jokingly say they have sex once a year whether they want to or not (they have been together for over 20 years).

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Actually, that article has a zillion footnotes that refer you to the actual studies. check it out.

a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
For those who oppose. Two things. If you're basing it on Biblical passages and I'm not a Christian, what then?

Secondly, it hasn't hurt or destroyed my traditional Marriage on bit. It's stronger than ever.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If they're of the same gender, they are not having "sex". Words have meaning. They are mutually masturbating basically.

"Sex" is a biological term, a communion between opposite genders. Anything otherwise is disordered. You can't put a square peg in a round hole. You'll break the peg. Statistics back this up.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Actually, that article has a zillion footnotes that refer you to the actual studies. check it out.

You do understand statistics are nearly always manipulated by the person using them. Its also the assumption of causation that is the problem. I can make up claims showing statistically ministers, priests, and clergy men have much higher statistics of sexaul predatory behaviour. Taken out of context it is perfectly true.
edit on 18-7-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I did forgive them, i refuse to let them control me any longer with hate, i refuse to let them continue on with this Mental abuse by me keeping them in my heart.. they almost won, i wont lie.. suicide was my option many times.. but in the end i refused to give them the satisfaction of knowing the broke me...

So, you kind of never answered my questions.. so lets try again. do you think chastity can save me? do you think shaming myself and denying things about me will save me?

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join