It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hey Darth, a little off topic but, why do people suffering with same sex attraction have an average life expectancy of 46 years of age, while normal life expectancy is a full 33 years longer at 79?

I'm just curious, I'm wondering if you knew why that was? Heck it's alot worse than smoking, which only takes 10 years off a persons life, on average.

Acting on a same sex attraction is very unhealthy; emotionally, spiritually, and especially physically. The statistics are appalling. I'm surprised this isn't talked about more, because I'm sure it's all the fault of the haters, bigots and homophobes.

a reply to: Darth_Prime

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Hey Darth, a little off topic but, why do people suffering with same sex attraction have an average life expectancy of 46 years of age, while normal life expectancy is a full 33 years longer at 79?

I'm just curious, I'm wondering if you knew why that was? Heck it's alot worse than smoking, which only takes 10 years off a persons life, on average.

Acting on a same sex attraction is very unhealthy; emotionally, spiritually, and especially physically. The statistics are appalling. I'm surprised this isn't talked about more, because I'm sure it's all the fault of the haters, bigots and homophobes.

a reply to: Darth_Prime

You need to provide your sources and documentation to back up your claims.

Or are you just trying to be insulting?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
People learn so much more, if they search for truth themselves. I found the stats, they're out there, with a simple google search.

Wanna know the grotesquely high incidence of colo-rectal cancer among males suffering from same sex attraction?

How about the incidence of STDs? Do you know the numbers?

a reply to: Annee

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

People learn so much more, if they search for truth themselves. I found the stats, they're out there, with a simple google search.

Wanna know the grotesquely high incidence of colo-rectal cancer among males suffering from same sex attraction?

Repeat.

Facts, links, documentation.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

In response to your other statement. The life span of people who are shamed and tortured in youth of any persuasion have lower lifespans. When a person has to hide who they truly are and is constantly rediculed and embarrased by people (possibly like you) in their youth they grow up with a psychosis and ptsd. A large part of the "evils" of homosexuals that theists like to quote are from the trauma of being abused and unexcepted by society.

I gurantee (with knowledge of anthropology) this will change as homosexuals are more excepted and feel as if they belong in society.
edit on 17-7-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

See? It's all our fault lol, Us bigots and haters. Yep, it's all our fault. Geez, wake up.

I thought people with same sex attraction felt so fabulous all the time? If what they "feeel", is so right, in so many respects, why let anyone get ya down? Aren't you past all that? Haven't you come such a long way? Where's the progress?

Why is suicide among same sex attractants, so prevalent in The Netherlands? Same sex "marriage" has been legal there for over a decade? Yet over 60+% of the kids still contemplate killing themselves.

Hmmmm. Strange. And sad.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

See? It's all our fault lol, Us bigots and haters. Yep, it's all our fault. Geez, wake up.

I thought people with same sex attraction felt so fabulous all the time? If what they "feeel", is so right, in so many respects, why let anyone get ya down? Aren't you past all that? Haven't you come such a long way? Where's the progress?

Why is suicide among same sex attractants, so prevalent in The Netherlands? Same sex "marriage" has been legal there for over a decade? Yet over 60+% of the kids still contemplate killing themselves.

Hmmmm. Strange. And sad.

Nice straw man. Because a decade isnt enough time to change peoples hearts. Again the bigotry. Gay people are people. They have all the same feelings everyone else does. They are not fabulous all the time. Why is suicide among teens so high? Because they have a brain chemistry that doesnt have a filter and are programmed by nature to take risks as a survival trait for humanity. Of course unless you believe there is no darwinian traits and its all god and the devil doing this. In which case metapbysics can not be argued.

95 percent of people know statisitcs are only used to inflate a viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Wait what?... do you have the statistic for that? where did you do that research?

i don't see how i can't be anymore Healthy than a Heterosexual person? Emotionally we are acting on who we are attracted to and who we fall in "love" with, or the Emotion of love, Spiritually has nothing to do with Sexual Orientation so i don't that that counts

doing a Quick search i did find some Bias """Studies"" but nothing of substance or poof.. but i am curious, can you provide me with some.. pretty please

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I'll give you a hint. Google :"frightening gay statistics"..."the health risks of gay sex". If you still can't find anything let me know.

78% of people with same sex attraction have an STD

50% of suicides are attributed to people with same sex attraction.

33% of all child molestation is at the hands of a homosexual, considering only 2% of the population have same attraction, that means 1 out of every 20 homosexuals is a child molester.

But love wins! Lmao

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I'll give you a hint. Google :"frightening gay statistics"..."the health risks of gay sex". If you still can't find anything let me know.

33% of all child molestation is at the hands of a homosexual, considering only 2% of the population have same attraction, that means 1 out of every 20 homosexuals is a child molester.

But love wins! Lmao

What year?

Provide your own facts and links.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

But love wins! Lmao

Did you pick up these stats with a hate badge? Guess you never went to science class and learned of valid causation. Where is this 2 percent of the gay population coming from.

Funny but religious organizations that deal with kids have extremely high molestation rates. Look at the dugars. Hmm yed hagard he was a great man. Priests, rabis, and ministers also have high child molestation rates.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Of course Love Wins... oh and BTW the word Fabulous doesn't always describe a Gay Person... maybe me

The Health risk of Same-Sex Partners ( there is no such thing as Gay-Sex, Straight people do the same things as Us) is high when you don't use a Condom, but that is the same for Heterosexuals also.

The Suicide rate is high among the GLBTQ+ community because some of us since birth are told to believe we are wrong... before you start i am not calling anyone a Bigot or Homophobic so save it, if you want to have a discussion lets discuss, but if you are just going to throw out Buzz Words and Sarcastic "Love Wins" remarks with no actual content or conversation than it's a waste of both our time

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Of course Love Wins... oh and BTW the word Fabulous doesn't always describe a Gay Person... maybe me

The Health risk of Same-Sex Partners ( there is no such thing as Gay-Sex, Straight people do the same things as Us) is high when you don't use a Condom, but that is the same for Heterosexuals also.

The Suicide rate is high among the GLBTQ+ community because some of us since birth are told to believe we are wrong... before you start i am not calling anyone a Bigot or Homophobic so save it, if you want to have a discussion lets discuss, but if you are just going to throw out Buzz Words and Sarcastic "Love Wins" remarks with no actual content or conversation than it's a waste of both our time

I commend your patience. Your a better man or woman than I and I am a strait male which according to some people is impossible.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I commend your patience. Your a better man or woman than I and I am a strait male which according to some people is impossible.

Yes, Darth is amazing.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Awws Thanks
you are too kind, you are Amazing too Annie, i can always count on your post

Thank you
with all the stuff i have dealt with in my life,i can handle a couple of words on the internet, most of them don't have any substance, stick to the same tired arguments and never provide any actual proof and hardly ever respond back..

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: luthier

Yes, Darth is amazing.

I am trying to be better. Its people like that I can learn from. Its hard to hear this kind of stuff for me though. I understand what people go through growing up with this kind of hate. I had a very close friend take her life from the trauma of her youth and saw first hand how cruel people are. When my godmother died who was also gay I read her journal. She was a gay convert because of the actions of a priest in her youth. She could have been gay prior too but i dont know. She battled her whole life with her faith, family, and sexuality. Prob the best person I have ever known.

So I should bow out before I say anything too negative.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Yes, most of the GLBTQ+ stories are tragic, not all of them.. but most yes.. we are taught through society that we are wrong or different, if people grow up with a Religious Background they get shamed by their own beliefs.

People ask and wonder why we have to 'Come out', but it's because people are assumed Straight at birth and the Gender that was assigned to them. we have to 'Come Out' and confirm that yes we are different, and we probably disappointed our Parents (for those that have a strong parental background) because they had this dream of Grandchildren and a Son/Daughter in Law etc.. and we broke that dream....

even with a strong parental unit Guilt stays with us, even just in the back of our minds forever...

i've talked about my story before, but not at length because i don't want to seem like a sob story, or i use it as a crutch...

I'm Gay, and Genderfluid MAAB (Male assigned at birth).. when i was very very young i came out of my Room wearing my sisters clothes and makeup heels etc, that was the first of 18 years of physical and mental abuse by my parents... i was told i had a sickness and i wasn't allowed outside or to talk to anyone, i had a 'disease'.. beating daily.. verbal abuse daily and embarrassment... when i was 18 i was forced to leave my house, either get out or kill myself... i left and was homeless for two years.. those years were filled with more abuse, beating, broken bones and concussions.. left for dead in the middle of the streets etc... i'm 23 now.. almost 24

that is a short version of events, but the reason i'm sharing it now is because this is common.. this isn't some made up story, or News report that the "Liberals" are shoving down peoples throat.

You had people in your life that have experienced trauma and hurt.. you understand the pain.. and just for acknowledging it you are already a better person than many in this world

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Yes, most of the GLBTQ+ stories are tragic, not all of them.. but most yes.. we are taught through society that we are wrong or different, if people grow up with a Religious Background they get shamed by their own beliefs.

People ask and wonder why we have to 'Come out', but it's because people are assumed Straight at birth and the Gender that was assigned to them. we have to 'Come Out' and confirm that yes we are different, and we probably disappointed our Parents (for those that have a strong parental background) because they had this dream of Grandchildren and a Son/Daughter in Law etc.. and we broke that dream....

even with a strong parental unit Guilt stays with us, even just in the back of our minds forever...

i've talked about my story before, but not at length because i don't want to seem like a sob story, or i use it as a crutch...

I'm Gay, and Genderfluid MAAB (Male assigned at birth).. when i was very very young i came out of my Room wearing my sisters clothes and makeup heels etc, that was the first of 18 years of physical and mental abuse by my parents... i was told i had a sickness and i wasn't allowed outside or to talk to anyone, i had a 'disease'.. beating daily.. verbal abuse daily and embarrassment... when i was 18 i was forced to leave my house, either get out or kill myself... i left and was homeless for two years.. those years were filled with more abuse, beating, broken bones and concussions.. left for dead in the middle of the streets etc... i'm 23 now.. almost 24

that is a short version of events, but the reason i'm sharing it now is because this is common.. this isn't some made up story, or News report that the "Liberals" are shoving down peoples throat.

You had people in your life that have experienced trauma and hurt.. you understand the pain.. and just for acknowledging it you are already a better person than many in this world

This is very sad to me. It is extremely sad and disturbing that this happens all the time. My son asked me why people are gay when he was about 8. Very innocently. My response was there are many things you will hear but what I have learned is some people are born gay, some people have been severely abused and scarred by the opposite sex, some people just dont care what the gender is but are able to love the human being, and some people are born with the wrong body parts. The result has been a very tollerant and welcoming young man. I also taught him martial arts and wrestling to protect anybody from abuse including himself (not just for those reasons but..). I am a wrestling coach (not the stereo type of compassion) and have seen a definite change in kids attitudes towards same sex relationships. For instance when the hosier song take me to church came out I was surprised bow many kids thought it was a sad song. Hopefully the change continues.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I agree.. the sad thing is though.. with progress comes backlash, for every step forward we are pushed back, but we fight on.. and with more and more people like yourself in the world it can become easier and easier.

Hate and intolerance is learned... teaching your Kid that there are many different people en this world, but we are all Humans and should be treated Equally and with love.. i never understood the argument that parents don't know how to talk to their Kids about it, and they don't want their Children to know about "Same-Sex" or GLBTQ+ people.. education and knowledge are vital...

On behalf of me, Thank you.. for not only being supportive to GLBTQ+ people, but also being a strong presence of the future Generations

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I agree.. the sad thing is though.. with progress comes backlash, for every step forward we are pushed back, but we fight on.. and with more and more people like yourself in the world it can become easier and easier.

Hate and intolerance is learned... teaching your Kid that there are many different people en this world, but we are all Humans and should be treated Equally and with love.. i never understood the argument that parents don't know how to talk to their Kids about it, and they don't want their Children to know about "Same-Sex" or GLBTQ+ people.. education and knowledge are vital...

On behalf of me, Thank you.. for not only being supportive to GLBTQ+ people, but also being a strong presence of the future Generations

I dont know any other way to be. I hope we evolve some day. It is happening slowly.

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join