It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Agreed, people are basically grasping at straws now, states are trying to enact religious Freedom Laws" that allow businesses and workplaces to discriminate based on Religious freedom.. but as long as we continue this momentum and stay united i believe and hope we can get it dome

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Darth_Prime: someone can say that if they wanted i guess, but it would have to be enforced..

I've never been about Word Police, but i can't understand the lack of tolerance of people. Words are offensive and can be offensive and at times meant to be offensive, and i think there is more and more people speaking up about hateful words and comments, doesn't mean someone isn't allowed to say them but i think more people are understanding that you don't have to use hateful words and they will call you out on it

Its not the 'hateful' words its the concepts implied (others can make of it and turn your innocent words on its head). Twisted and untrue. Where is the forum? Social media has destroyed that [making oneself clear as to actual point], its a runaway train once an idea form sets in the social consciousness. Their is no hope for free thinkers; unless one writes a book.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I understand the meaning behind the word is what makes it hateful or gives it "Meaning" either implied or not, but some words are common slurs that people use on purpose. for a very easy example

somehow it got hip to say things are "Gay" instead of stupid, or dumb or whatever word you want to use. so maybe your implied meaning isn't an attack on Gays,but you are associating the word "Gay" with that of stupidity, wrong, bad etc so why use the word Gay? now again i'm not the Word Police, but what i'm saying is if you know the word is being associated with something bad why would you use it?

and that is a very easy example

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime
Well, if you want to speak of complete ignorance; look at how the "F" word has become in usage as a noun, a verb, an adjective, a dangling participle, pejorative, pronoun (you get the idea). It is the word that can describe anything now; except one; RIDICULOUS.

edit on 5-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yes, words can be given the meaning they want, but sometimes hate speech is just plain hate speech, what i'm saying is that there is no need for it, regardless if it's your right or not, you don't have to be hateful

"My Religion Tells Me I Can't Accept Homosexuality Behavior"

"God hates ****"

Big Difference

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Yes, words can be given the meaning they want, but sometimes hate speech is just plain hate speech, what i'm saying is that there is no need for it, regardless if it's your right or not, you don't have to be hateful

"My Religion Tells Me I Can't Accept Homosexuality Behavior"
"God hates ****"

Big Difference

I agree with you. What true ORIGINAL creator would hate any of its creations; (maybe the false demi-god that showed up instead (usurper) and was helped in invention by the human it manipulated). Any formulated love that can exist between two people is to be cherished and encouraged; what if countries could imagine this?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well, that depends if you believe in your Religion, or any Religion...

Many countries did..

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well, that depends if you believe in your Religion, or any Religion...

Many countries did..

I am Gnostic and do not believe in any man made Dogmatic religious belief systems.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Interesting, how does that influence you with Same-Sex Marriage, or even GLBTQ+ people?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Interesting, how does that influence you with Same-Sex Marriage, or even GLBTQ+ people?

Regarding Gnosticism? There is no influence imparted by others. There is such a thing as the/all inalienable truths that cannot be thwarted by the immoral or changed by brute force.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So it doesn't have "Rules" that you can't agree with GLBTQ+ people, or you have to be against Same-Sex Marriage? so you make your own choices not what your Religion tells you?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So it doesn't have "Rules" that you can't agree with GLBTQ+ people, or you have to be against Same-Sex Marriage? so you make your own choices not what your Religion tells you?

I am not of the 'religious sort' or entertain Mans self made religious Dogma (there are no rules). I have advanced knowledge of the spiritual kind (those agencies that created the human, the ecosystem; all life; this SYSTEM of survival). I am against nothing; all things or idea forms should be able to exist without persecution of. The idea of the Earth Library was to allow for anything and everything including murder, war, and the retribution of. I was not one of its creators, just a lawyer that defends God and Human; seeking a stalemate or God FINALLY cries "UNCLE" and reveals itself (not happening).

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Interesting, i don't hear many people like that, or maybe it's just not that popular in WeHo

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Interesting, i don't hear many people like that, or maybe it's just not that popular in WeHo

Not tuned into the right frequency.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Probably

-----

Another Tidbit from Huckabee if anyone is interested

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Probably

-----

Another Tidbit from Huckabee if anyone is interested

thinkprogress.org...

I have to ask, what do you think of Bobby Jindal or Scott Walker or Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Let me guess......umm, mushrooms?

Gnostic? Lol make up you're mind already! Geez, you're thinking too much!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Ooooh Gurl!

I personally have no respect for them.. they say some very hateful things and have very closed mind, the way they talk about people like they are nothing is disturbing and disgusting and they seem to want to destroy the entire GLBTQ+ community

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

Let me guess......umm, mushrooms?

Gnostic? Lol make up you're mind already! Geez, you're thinking too much!

Its a state of 'knowingness' you really don't have to 'think' as far as solving problems for others only/unless pro bono for God VS Human. What mind to make up already GEEZ? LET YOU GUESS: "mushrooms" is your answer for/to my existence? Mushrooms grow in horse#.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This is where their mind is at

www.rightwingwatch.org...

“A runaway judiciary,” he continued, “is a bigger threat to the United States than ISIS. Liberal judges have done more harm to our country and our Constitution than Al Qaeda."

And also.. Kindergarteners

www.rightwingwatch.org...

” The Department of Education, he predicted, will soon be ordering schools to tell kindergartners, “‘Hey, you need to experiment as a kindergarten with whether you’re male or female. You need to, like, have some experiments and go out and have same-sex relationships.”

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join