It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Being gay is a choice

When did you make your choice not to be gay?

Pretty much the same time I make the choice not to cheat on my wife, or lie at work, or cheat on my taxes.

It is called self control...most have lost all conception of what that means.

One cannot for the most part, choose their attractions.

One CAN, however choose to act on them.

Dude you were asked When did you choose to be straight.
Above is your answer I am saying that we don't make a choice like you must every now and then I am straight there is no choice.

Also your last response to me is not true when you read what you have written here.
I guess that study showing that many anti gay folk are actually gay...
Pity everyone should be who they want to be ...maybe this is all going to help many folks
edit on 27-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Cheetahs also eat their babies.

And crows drop nuts in the path of oncoming traffic so that cars and trucks will crack the nuts for them! So unnatural! The gods HATE crows!

edit on 27-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question though. Why haven't you given up your sexuality for God?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You didn't answer my question though. Why haven't you given up your sexuality for God?

Perhaps they have done so, in a way ... or at least repressed it.

Almost every obsession has some sort of psychosexual base.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I added this to my previous post but thought that deserved it's own reply. The way I look at it is, this God I hear so much about either isn't really bothered about how I live my personal life or who I marry or he doesn't exist. If same sex anything was such a big deal he would have been down to earth and put us straight on to the matter. He can't really blame me for living my life the way that feels most right and natural to me, I've never seen him, met him and he never writes. Infact he hasn't bothered to show me he exists. He supposedly gave me the skills of logic and critical thinking, so its not as if the fact I'm following my own path in life and living it in the way that makes me happy can come as that big of a suprise to him. 

If it was that big of a deal, im sure he would have been down on earth kicking off, he would be smiting left right and centre. Its not like he has hasn't supposedly got form for it. He destroyed soddom and ghamorah due to homosexuality. America legalised same sex marriage and he is suspiciously silent. You would think a country as seemingly evil as America is claimed to be, legalising same sex marriage would definately warrant an earthquake or at the very least a plague or two.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
1. YHVH supposedly destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah either for worshiping other imaginary beings or for ignoring Semitic hospitality customs (the Visitors in Lot's house should have been sacrosanct.) Keep in mind that Lot offered his own daughters to the rapacious mob for their pleasure in place of the angels; yet, YHVH saved Lot, a man who would whore out his own daughters.

2. While on the matter of what the mythical YHVH would do, he chose David to be his special "messiah" ... the same David who loved Jonathan "beyond the love of women."

3. YHVH masquerading as Jesus also healed the male lover of a Roman Centurion, and made no negative comment, not to mention, he never married and spent the last few years of his life on the road with a band of 12 other men.

/shrug

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So, lets pretend we are a "Disorder" or a "Defect" or "Freaks of Nature" or "Unnatural"... whats the next step? you win, than what? does it give you the justification to continue the abuse? does it change the Constitution? what does it do besides give you a Moral Victory?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I know a certain cake shop that's going to lose a lot of business...

IMO this is a common sense decision, but there will be some stubborn mules who will stamp their hooves and call this a populist decision.

The gavel has been brought down and there is no going back-either accept it and move on or argue till you are blue in the face and waste time. If people are happy then what's the problem?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If you take any of the propaganda currently spewing from so called Christians and substitute Arabic sounding names, Koran for Bible and Mohammed for God/Jesus, you would think some radical Islamist were speaking.

The Bible–thumpers have a proud history of torture and murder of those that didn't believe the same or were just different. The so called heretics of the middle ages, many accused witches and wizards and native races that were looked upon as savages.

And let us not forget the crusades and the convert or die philosophy which sounds just like what is happening with Islamist in the Middle East.

So stand upon the bodies of the murdered and proclaim I'm doing God's work. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Can you image the hue and cry if Christians were hunted down and told to renounce their God or die, I wonder how many would martyr themselves for their belief.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Exactly, all their hate rhetoric sound exactly other 'Hate Groups' or the ones the preach against. Love is Universal and should be celebrated by everyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Or, it goes the other way, with conservative preachers and politicians who take a hard line against homosexuality, then you find they are frequenting gay dating websites, trying to "hook up".

I guess this poster just doesn't have a good come back for my question, so they have run away. Figures.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You know, without naming names, there's a poster or two in this thread that seems obliged to express their moral outrage and condemnation in all the threads relating to anything GLBT* and he/they get so worked up about it, I'm concerned for their health. With so many things other people are doing that don't affect them at all, their "religiousality" and pointless defense of it certainly must lead to hypertension and impending stroke if their head doesn't explode outright?

This book people keep talking about must certainly be the cause of this condition?

Perhaps if I share mine, it would help?

May the pasta be with you.

►eKay◄

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
In case it's not been mentioned before....please do not discuss other members...You are responsible for your own posts.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Community Announcement re: Decorum

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm very rapidly approaching the point at which my main interests in political life moves away from working toward equitable rights before the law for everyone, toward ways in which we can come together again, as Americans, and do what needs to be done in our country.

We've had almost three decades of rampant partisanship ... we're probably further apart than we were even when the Civil War started. And it is clear to me that the corporate media (not just right or left wing) is at the insertion point of this wedge that we're driving between us.

I now have a wedding scheduled, in GEORGIA, two years hence. I have little fear of being arrested or beaten merely for walking through or near Piedmont Park in the evenings. I cannot be arrested in my own home for being intimate with my partner and fiance.

For those of you who have never lived under any of these inequities like sodomy laws, public nuisance laws, or marriage bans ... you really just don't understand what it was like ... anymore than you likely understand why not being allowed to vote, or to drink from the same fountain could be so soul-crushing.

I don't want to take your religious beliefs away from you, but those beliefs do not grant you carte-blanche to impose on other American citizens.

Let's all take a step back, as well as a deep breath ... and look at the new landscape. There's great potential here.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
So, lets pretend we are a "Disorder" or a "Defect" or "Freaks of Nature" or "Unnatural"... whats the next step? you win, than what? does it give you the justification to continue the abuse? does it change the Constitution? what does it do besides give you a Moral Victory?

This is what I try to get across to people who think picking and choosing what they want out of the Constitution and out of natural rights is ok while tossing out the rest. It doesn't work that way. Even if you don't believe in God, your rights come from the basic fact that you are human and alive on this Earth. To them it gives them all the justification they need to slice up society into neat partitions where priority and rights are assigned arbitrarily. For people who get down on the government they sure seem to want to use the government to enforce their religious beliefs on others.

HOWEVER. They do have some legitimate fears. Namely the violation of the right of conscience. We should be careful not to use equal rights as a battering ram to diminish other rights held by those we disagree with. Namely, the religious among us. I say it is a legitimate concern for them because of some instances of using the system to shut down those who did not want to participate in the name of their religious morals. Wedding chapels and cake shops, for instance.

What the hell happened to minding your own business? I am as elated as any that the SCOTUS finally dropped the hammer on the states for violating the equal protection clause. But all rights, real rights, natural rights, are precious and using the system to brow beat those we disagree with for exercising their right to conscience, for following their moral compass as they understand it, should not happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Do Christian merchants regularly poll their customers (aside from the gay ones) to determine whether said are committing any sins with their products (divorce, adultery, fornication, dishonesty?)

If not, why not?

Where does an individual's "religious rights" begin and end?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Or, it goes the other way, with conservative preachers and politicians who take a hard line against homosexuality, then you find they are frequenting gay dating websites, trying to "hook up".

Shhhh....They're onto you.

It is laughable that some in the catholic church can be staunch in their opposition of gay marriage while defending their priests who sodomized pre pubescent males.

Talk about the chalice calling the grail pink.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

HOWEVER. They do have some legitimate fears. Namely the violation of the right of conscience. We should be careful not to use equal rights as a battering ram to diminish other rights held by those we disagree with. Namely, the religious among us. I say it is a legitimate concern for them because of some instances of using the system to shut down those who did not want to participate in the name of their religious morals. Wedding chapels and cake shops, for instance.

I agree with parts of what you have said. Namely that in thier own churches I will reluctantly agree that they should be allowed to do as they please to an extent. I dont agree with the cake shop though. They operate a public business which means they follow the laws of the land including anti-discrimination laws. He reason I reluctantly agreed with the churches aspect was it's protected by the 1st ammendment but it's never sat right that they are allowed to treat gays as 2nd class citizens, which by denying them services is essentially what they are doing. if it were interracial marriage they talking about, there would be no opt out for them. They used to use pretty similar arguments against that too. They would have to do it and rightly so.

I dont know, I know this is a win and I know to live happily, compromises have to reached with the church but I guess it's just a bit disappointing that a religion that is supposedly all about love and based on a man who quite frankly spent his time with outcasts and prostitutes and actively encouraged his followers not to just, to love thier fellow man unconditionally and to basically treat them equal. The fact they would deny services to gays based on all that just doesn't sit right with me really. If that all makes sense.

Like I said earlier in the thread, it what it is and this is still a great day for equality.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So all these people yelling about the constitution, and Gun laws and 1st amendment, are willing to deny the constitution when it comes to Humans getting married

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

God didn't call me to do so, or at least he has not yet. Perhaps he might one day.

It is amazing to me how so many people spend their lives gazing at their genitals. We are so much more than our sexuality, but the moral relativist crowd devotes their entire being into an obsession with orgasms.

Balanced people are not ruled by their passions.

In a very real way, I do give much of my sexuality to God. I don't act on impulses, I guard my thoughts, I keep custody of my eyes, I remain faithful to my vows...and so on. Am I perfect...no. Do I try to live to the standard God calls us to...yes.

The obsession with sex is really a shallow, selfish way to live life - totally absorbed in me, me, me.

People who suffer from same-sex attraction are called to live chastely.

Many do, and I've shared examples of them on this site - they are anathema to the homosexualists.

Most don't, and you have what we have today.

Chaos and depravity.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join