It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Oh yaaas! long beach pride is also Fabulous!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think half the people that complain about Pride actually know what they are honoring

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Actually this should be a good thing for those in favor and against. Now they have what they wanted for so long and we can all have our peace and quiet. Or will the LGBT movement go global and start a crusade for love, 'liberating' all those countries which still have antigay laws?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
Actually this should be a good thing for those in favor and against. Now they have what they wanted for so long and we can all have our peace and quiet. Or will the LGBT movement go global and start a crusade for love, 'liberating' all those countries which still have antigay laws?

The LGBT movement already is global. If they start pushing for equal rights it will be the LGBT people in that country that are the ones fighting for it which as a citizen of that country they have a right to do. LGBT don't cease to exist because a country doesn't have gay rights.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

As i and others have said, this is one step forward but there are many more for true equality that we have to fight for.

Marriage was not the End

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Funny how legalising gay marriage is a bigger thing on at than 3 terror attacks yesterday.

Get your priorities straight ppl.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Oh, I HEAR you DP.

Far be it from me to suggest that we "turn the other cheek."

Someone slaps me, my first tendency is to slap back harder. Or, in actuality, gut-punch; I admit I'm not much of a lady.

My worry, is that if Gays and Lesbians start slapping back too hard the punches from the extremists on the other side will be thrown at transexuals and trangender people. Those who are already marginalized with less legal protection.

It's already happened once with the Employee Non-Discrimination Act.

So please, be gentle with the other side, they still hold vast resources and sway over large swaths of this country. They'll simply move on to people who even some gays and lesbians don't feel deserve the same freedom they enjoy.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

You mean like how the anti-LGBT movement has already gone global, like how they help push anti-homosexual laws in Uganda?

US Christian Right Behind Anti-Gay Law Passed in Uganda
Meet the American Pastor Behind Uganda's Anti-Gay Crackdown

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
i have never understood why we feel the need to legislate a sexual preference. i personally don't care what anyone does in their free time, but i do think it is just a sexual preference, not a lifestyle and honestly, this isn't the 80's, gay people are more accepted now than people who are anti-gay or homophobic. i do agree with clarence thomas' dissent, no matter what the government does, it can't take away anyones humanity or dignity.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blondegiraffe
i have never understood why we feel the need to legislate a sexual preference. i personally don't care what anyone does in their free time, but i do think it is just a sexual preference, not a lifestyle and honestly, this isn't the 80's, gay people are more accepted now than people who are anti-gay or homophobic. i do agree with clarence thomas' dissent, no matter what the government does, it can't take away anyones humanity or dignity.

Nobody is legislating sexual preferences, they are legislating civil rights right for minorities. In a perfect world we wouldn't have to do that, people would realise that underneath the public facade we like to project we are all the same and that as such we should all have exactly the same rights, benefits and genuine shot at happiness. Like I said in a perfect world. In this case I feel its certain sections of humanity trying to force thier beliefs on people and to an extent rob them of thier dignity. Its the government that has stepped in this time and put a stop to it.

I agree it's a shame that in 2015 this needs to happen but it is what it is.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Or will the LGBT movement go global and start a crusade for love, 'liberating' all those countries which still have antigay laws?

It's been global for awhile, both sides.

American anti-gay evangelists are in Russia, Africa, etc as are LGBT equality groups.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Yep, militant agendas are never truly satisfied. I remember raising the issue of whether or not marriage would be the ultimate goal a few years back (when Civil Unions were all the rage in the LGBT community). I was hammered when I made the point that this wouldn't be the end.

I already know what you folks want...to have your ideology recognized as being a part of every religion, even if it means destroying those intolerant religions in the process (Christianity, Judaism, etc.). You want domination, no equality in education, business, etc. You want to re-write the definition of humanity, telling us what is "normal."

Being gay is a choice, not some genetic deficiency. My brother is gay. And I love him like my brother.

Here's the scoop. All you Obamafreaks who were applauding the SCOTUS decision on Obamacare did so because 6 people decided that the folks in Congress, even though the clearly wrote the limitations of the subsidies into the law, really intended for the law to mean such and such. So, those justices allowed their bias to create new law where it didn't exist.

Now, yesterday, you have these 5 morons that exploit the 14th amendment and try and shove that BS down our throats about how this amendment really can apply to the LGBT community. No freaking way. You see, although the Constitution never explicitly says slavery was o.k., it didn't condemn it. So, people owned slaves. The country got its act together, saw how wrong it was, and AMENDED the Constitution to explicitly state that we, as a people, will support no such thing.

Marriage, in any definition, is not explicitly defined in the Constitution. The 14th amendment does not and should never apply to marriage of any kind. If we, as a people, want to define what marriage is to us in this country, then why not do it the right way and AMEND the Constitution. Get the STATES to ratify it as should be done, instead of 9 people who have a really nasty habit of creating f'ing laws out of thin air. That isn't their job!!!!!

Marriage is not the end for you and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like what you folks try to do next. At some point, nature will correct this wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Well... Someone's been eating some sour grapes this morning.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Shall I call you a Waaaambulance? .
Being gay js not a choice.
Tell me when did you decide to be straight? .

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Being gay is a choice

When did you make your choice not to be gay?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2

Yep, militant agendas are never truly satisfied. I remember raising the issue of whether or not marriage would be the ultimate goal a few years back (when Civil Unions were all the rage in the LGBT community). I was hammered when I made the point that this wouldn't be the end.

I already know what you folks want...to have your ideology recognized as being a part of every religion, even if it means destroying those intolerant religions in the process (Christianity, Judaism, etc.). You want domination, no equality in education, business, etc. You want to re-write the definition of humanity, telling us what is "normal."

Being gay is a choice, not some genetic deficiency. My brother is gay. And I love him like my brother.

Here's the scoop. All you Obamafreaks who were applauding the SCOTUS decision on Obamacare did so because 6 people decided that the folks in Congress, even though the clearly wrote the limitations of the subsidies into the law, really intended for the law to mean such and such. So, those justices allowed their bias to create new law where it didn't exist.

Now, yesterday, you have these 5 morons that exploit the 14th amendment and try and shove that BS down our throats about how this amendment really can apply to the LGBT community. No freaking way. You see, although the Constitution never explicitly says slavery was o.k., it didn't condemn it. So, people owned slaves. The country got its act together, saw how wrong it was, and AMENDED the Constitution to explicitly state that we, as a people, will support no such thing.

Marriage, in any definition, is not explicitly defined in the Constitution. The 14th amendment does not and should never apply to marriage of any kind. If we, as a people, want to define what marriage is to us in this country, then why not do it the right way and AMEND the Constitution. Get the STATES to ratify it as should be done, instead of 9 people who have a really nasty habit of creating f'ing laws out of thin air. That isn't their job!!!!!

Marriage is not the end for you and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like what you folks try to do next. At some point, nature will correct this wrong.

Pretty much SPOT ON.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Being gay is a choice

When did you make your choice not to be gay?

Pretty much the same time I make the choice not to cheat on my wife, or lie at work, or cheat on my taxes.

It is called self control...most have lost all conception of what that means.

One cannot for the most part, choose their attractions.

One CAN, however choose to act on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join