It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

Pssst.....It's Religion. They never stop fighting about anything.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'll be the first to admit that "Being Equal" doesn't mean anyone has to like you or agree with you.

True, i agree, you can't force anyone to like anyone. but at the same time if someone calls me a "Freak of Nature" and i say that is a bigoted remark, it's their right to call me that, but it's my right to call them a Bigot. these people want to call us and treat us however they want, but if you call them out on it you are attacking their freedom etc etc

i just can't understand why someone would try and purposely hurt other people

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: Seamrog

"The wrath of God"... didn't need to go any further.

For those of us who don't believe in your God...... it means nothing.

I've always found it strange that if the Christian god (or any other religious deity) was all powerful, that followers of such a deity have so little faith that their god will punish "the sinners" in the spiritual realm that they have to take things into their own hands to "punish the sinners" in this world.

Everyone is free to believe in whatever deity they want, or like a growing number of people, not to believe in a deity at all, but if one's faith is so concerned with punishment of people who are not hurting them that they feel they must "act" rather than leave things in the hands of their god then I'd argue they have very little faith at all.

edit on 26-6-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The White House is decked out in rainbow lights, so is Niagra Falls and the Empire State building.
Awesome!

edit on 6/26/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You know I've put off coming on here most of today just because I have seen how other gay marriage threads have gone. It suprises and restores my faith in humanity a bit that everyone for the most part seems happy about this. I have debated a lot on facebook today and been called a lot of vile names etc but in the end the shift in opinion will continue and eventually gay will be the biggest none issue ever. We have been able to marry over here in the UK for a while. Now if only I could get my partner to marry me I'd be set.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm conflicted....on one hand as a pan-fish I think this is awesome

On the other hand, as a fan out slightly over-the-top lighting schemes I am in love...

which wins

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Megatronus

I totally agree. I find it ironic that had the opposition not put up such a stink about it this whole time and caused such a stir that everyone had to at least look to see what all the fuss was about, most people wouldn't have even noticed.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that gays are living amongst all of us and doing stuff all day long right out in the open just like the rest of us and we don't even notice it!! Shocking isn't it???

There was probably a whole mess of gay people going about their day just like me without anyone even being aware of it.

You might think I'm crazy, but it's true....

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I don't know what pan-fish means lol but feel the awesomeness and the love?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Megatronus
You know I've put off coming on here most of today just because I have seen how other gay marriage threads have gone. It suprises and restores my faith in humanity a bit that everyone for the most part seems happy about this. I have debated a lot on facebook today and been called a lot of vile names etc but in the end the shift in opinion will continue and eventually gay will be the biggest none issue ever. We have been able to marry over here in the UK for a while. Now if only I could get my partner to marry me I'd be set.

Sorry to hear that.

I wish people would stop looking at it as a loss.

No-one lost today.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If my guess is correct I would say pansexual passable trans woman (hence the fish)

a reply to: Kali74

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The only thing I have to say is, remember this is from the court that now rules based on the spirit of law not the word of law.

Happy everyone can be married but you will be seeing massive amounts of push back, said it before, should of fought for legal civil unions would of been less backlash.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

damn....I need to think that out better

I am pansexual...but not trans...

ok what else can I use?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

You know I just learned about the whole Pan-Sexual thing the other day talking to some girl I had just met. I was shocked and confused yet interested enough to let her explain.

To think, all these years I've only ever used them for cooking!!

What will they think of next??

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Megatronus

I totally agree. I find it ironic that had the opposition not put up such a stink about it this whole time and caused such a stir that everyone had to at least look to see what all the fuss was about, most people wouldn't have even noticed.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that gays are living amongst all of us and doing stuff all day long right out in the open just like the rest of us and we don't even notice it!! Shocking isn't it???

There was probably a whole mess of gay people going about their day just like me without anyone even being aware of it.

You might think I'm crazy, but it's true....

Totally agree with you. My partners best mate came out to him the other day. It was such a suprise to me because I've never had anyone feel the need to do it officially in ages. I was just talking to my mate the other day about how much its all changed withing a couple decades, in the UK at least.

I DJ on my local gay scene and I have noticed it declining and definately become more mixed. I honestly believe that it's because with each new generation it's less of an issue so us gay people don't feel the need to have a scene for protection anymore and we tend to just go out on the town rather then out on the scene. Even people that I knew that used to be pretty homophobic now party with me and my mates without even mentioning it.

While I miss the community aspect the fact it's integrating so much now is definately a good thing.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I was attempting to coin a new trendy word for pansexuals...

But I see panfish won't work

what about...pan-fried? pan-seared?

Am I just hungry right now?

WAIT!!!! I got it...the PERFECT title for a pansexual

"Human being"

nice ring to it I think

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No worries, fish is a drag term for "passable" or "natural looking" so naturally I thought pan fish was a clever combo of the two.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

"Human being"

nice ring to it I think

There ya go. Catchy.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
No worries, fish is a drag term for "passable" or "natural looking" so naturally I thought pan fish was a clever combo of the two.

I've work in and been pretty active in the gay community for over 15 years and ive never heard 'fish' used like that. You learn something new everyday.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Okay... so you have all the choices! I'm jealous lol.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join