It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Why are you mad when today was a win for equality and love.

link   
dbl post
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

You're entitled to hold those opinions and its ok for me to rejoice in the fact that people like you and your church are dying out!

The Lord tells us that there will be few.

Make your way in by the narrow gate. It is a broad gate and a wide road that leads on to perdition, and those who go in that way are many indeed; but how small is the gate, how narrow the road that leads on to life, and how few there are that find it!

link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
That's why when put to the public vote, it failed 30 out of 33 times.

Support for gay marriage was at 61% before today. I don't know what you're talking about. Babe.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I know what transhuman means, thank you.

I'm just afraid that only humans will be chipped and transhumans will be somehow "enhanced". With your ability to look into the future, I guess you will remain to be "human"

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

And if he carries out his threats of civil disobedience, then his church should lose it's tax break and he should be arrested for inciting criminality!!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Equal rights for gay people is equal rights for humans, not transhumanists or robots. If you are concerned about transhumanists gaining equal rights, then why not just speak against them?

I believe the reason is because the transhumanist robot take-over argument is just an excuse to try to justify being against treating gay people as equal citizens like straight people are. Arguments like "equal rights for gay humans allow for transhumanists to gain the upper hand over being normal humans!" is just a way to put fear in others to choose inequality and not loving thy neighbour as thyself.

But loving-compassion has the power to cast out fear for peace, mercy, and the loving-compassion to love thy neighbour as thyself.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

But how do you equate Transhuman with GLBTQ?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well I'm glad that reality is being shattered, because that is a fantasy world and believing it is true causes problems for TOO many people.

Part of it is that so many Christians wholeheartedly believe America is a "Christian nation" that should have laws on the books that reflect the Christian religion.

We've debated and beaten the issue into the ground here on ATS about how America ISNT a Christian nation, and there is a clear separation of religion and state (the government).

If people want a Christian government, I suggest they go buy an island, create a government and apply for Micronation status with United Nations like Sealand has. Word of warning though, looking at countries that allow religion to dictate the government never turn out pretty...see Iran, Saudi Arabia, ect...

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Seamrog
That's why when put to the public vote, it failed 30 out of 33 times.

Support for gay marriage was at 61% before today. I don't know what you're talking about. Babe.

www.washingtonpost.com...< br />

Of course you do, you just can't be intellectually honest about it.

When put to a VOTE, not a meaningless POLL, faux marriage referendums failed 30 out of 33 times.

Getting behind the curtain of the voting booth and away from the screaming harpies, your neighbors voted deviance down.

Over and over and over again.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Seems a whole hell of a lot of people need civics lessons.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm sure someone out there reading this thinks the world is ending.

First women got the right to vote, then black and white people could get married, then the Confederate battle flag was taken down over a government building and health care was decided a human "right" to all people. Now gay people are getting married? If only we could turn back time ago go back to a good old oppressive patriarchal society!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Your Lord told me diddlysquat, your God is not my god nor billions of other people on this planet. How dare you use your scripture against my human rights.

I dispise your arrogance that you believe because you have a madman as a god, that the rest of society has to live that way to? That would be akin to ISIS invading the U.S. and making you believe their warped version of scripture!!

You know, I have absolutely no respect for anyone that uses scripture from 2000 year old book as an argument. That would be the same as a hippy saying they'd punch your aura!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I can not agree more, is hard to explain the difference between the law within the government and the ruling of the supreme court and its effects outside the boundaries of religion because many can not separate the two.

This is what growing up with a set of religious believe does to many that has grown to the understanding that is not separation of the state and church no matter what the constitution say.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Are you ever going to post proof of these accounts?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

At this stage Transhumans is mostly Sci-fiction, but I don't believe that LGBT movement wasn't a part of a bigger agenda for transforming of human nature. Besides the immediate gains, like probably it will reduce population if more unnatural pairs will be formed, it has wider implications.

link   

What's blowing my mind currently is the people dragging Congress into this or the 1st Amendment. There weren't any laws written and passed. They were removed. It's like they are trying to latch onto any concept involving government and just blindly whine how that institution has been usurped by this ruling.

link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So the 14th trumps the 1st? because one is States rights and another is Federal - is that what your claiming?

No. The amendments are not in conflict.

The first amendment says Congress can't establish a religion OR prevent you from exercising yours.
The tenth says that whatever the Constitution doesn't cover, can be covered by the states.
The 14th says that states can't make laws that apply to some of their citizens, but not others.

So, the 14th covers equal protection under the law. That means the 10th (states' rights) doesn't apply here because equal treatment is covered in the Constitution (the 14th).

Do you get it now? If not, I can talk about it all day. There is no conflict, no amendments trumping others.

edit on 6/26/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I disagree there, the protest would be religious in nature.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
NEWS REPORT:

Weddings happening everywhere.

Texas, Georgia, ...

new topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join