It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I just wish I was in the states right now be parties everywhere.
Have a few for me folks.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I'm all about that robot body, assuming I could keep my flesh suit on ice if I didn't like the robot body...

I'd happily go for a pain free body.
I want a human-shaped body, that I can customize to any specification I want, whenever I want. If I feel like being two inches taller today, zoop! Little taller. Etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate...

I don't believe anyone has the argument to force churches into anything,

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They don't understand the concept of state ≠ religion. In their minds the state IS the religion and vice versa. I think that is what causes so much misunderstanding and argumentation.

Growing up in a religious household, the religion WAS the law of the land, and the government was simply there to expand upon what wasn't enforced at home.

This is the world some of these people live in. Their religion is their "state" and they believe that the state-at-large should reflect their own personal religion.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I don't care, nor does the state. But the state and I are going to call it marriage.

Don't be ridiculous, your Supreme Court, thus the State, cares how to call it.

Poor people, thinking that it is "human rights" issue, it is the beginning of transhuman rights. Or even I'd say the end of human rights in favor of transhuman, I believe you don't have full appreciation why all this movement started. It is the beginning of denying Humanity as a normal way. At first it will be equal rights Humans and Transhumans, but i suspect Transhumans will eventually legally gain the upper hand. It is a slippery slope of boiling those stupid humans that still prefer to stay humans and not some crazy monsters.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The majority of US citizens wanted this. The majority got their way today.

Yup. Sure.

That's why when put to the public vote, it failed 30 out of 33 times.

Whatever you say, babe.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I love it when people profess their allegiance to the Constitution, but then have a problem with the equal protection clause.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well I'm glad that reality is being shattered, because that is a fantasy world and believing it is true causes problems for TOO many people.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

I don't care, nor does the state. But the state and I are going to call it marriage.

Poor people, thinking that it is "human rights" issue, it is the beginning of transhuman rights. Or even I'd say the end of human rights in favor of transhuman, I believe you don't have full appreciation why all this movement started. It is the beginning of denying Humanity as a normal way. At first it will be equal rights Humans and Transhumans, but i suspect Transhumans will eventually legally gain the upper hand. It is a slippery slope of boiling those stupid humans that still prefer to stay humans and not some crazy monsters.

I think you need to pick another term. Let me introduce you to the meaning of transhumanism:

Transhumanism (abbreviated as H+ or h+) is an international cultural and intellectual movement with an eventual goal of fundamentally transforming the human condition by developing and making widely available technologies to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities

Google is one place to look up definitions

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

You're entitled to hold those opinions and its ok for me to rejoice in the fact that people like you and your church are dying out!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

It should be a day of sackcloth and ashes.

You first. After all it may be your repenting that God is waiting for.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Nope, neither of us care what you want to call gay marriage. Neither of us will administer any repercussions for calling it anything but marriage. But as far as the state and I are concerned, it is called marriage. You can call it twaddlefunk for all we care. It's still called marriage in the eyes of the state, but you won't be punished for calling it anything else.

Uh... ok... If you say so.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
If its limited to government office civil marriage only then what the hey, however if its construed to cover church sanctioned marriage then SCOTUS just negated half of the 1st amendment and thats unconstitutional no matter the ruling.

This ruling has NOTHING to do with churches. (People who get married in church have a civil marriage, too. They must go to the state and get a license, just like the rest of us.)

The clear answer will be readily apparent when the first pastor refuses based of belief and gets sued for civil rights violation or a church lose tax exempt status.

Pastors have been refusing to marry people for decades. Centuries, even. Nothing is going to change now.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

I guess next you folks will be saying it says "congress" but not supreme court.

The SC didn't make any laws. They made a ruling based on the 14th amendment. You really should get to know the specifics of what happened today.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

What's a "Transhuman"?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So the 14th trumps the 1st? because one is States rights and another is Federal - is that what your claiming?

If that's true a plethora of things prohibited in one locality but legal in another trumps the ones prohibiting such behavior or action especially if the behavior or action is held by a minority.

Worse yet just nine unelected people get to decide rather than a state, congress, senate or executive - all elected representatives.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It should be a day of sackcloth and ashes.

You first. After all it may be your repenting that God is waiting for.

I have plenty to repent for.

Thankfully, neither sodomy nor deviance are among my many shortcomings.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

What does being Gay or GLBTQ (Human) have to do with Transhuman?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
here is what I was talking bout

clashdaily.com...#
‘WE WILL NOT STAND BACK': Black Pastors Vow Civil Disobedience In Gay Marriage Ruling

A coalition of African-American pastors vowed this week that there will be massive civil disobedience if the U.S. Supreme Court legalizes same-sex marriage in a ruling on the matter expected this month.
At a press conference in Memphis, Tennessee, members of the Coalition of African-American Pastors joined Christian ministers at the Church of God in Christ’s historic Mason Temple to warn the Obama administration to prepare for massive civil disobedience among pastors and clergy if state bans on gay marriage are deemed unconstitutional.

link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Bla bla bla - Bla Bla Bla

Yay the SCOTUS voted for equal rights today!!

link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So the 14th trumps the 1st? because one is States rights and another is Federal - is that what your claiming?

Again why aren't you complaining about the Supreme Court ruling that overturned interracial marriage bans? It's the same thing.

If that's true a plethora of things prohibited in one locality but legal in another trumps the ones prohibiting such behavior or action especially if the behavior or action is held by a minority.

No it doesn't.

Worse yet just nine unelected people get to decide rather than a state, congress, senate or executive - all elected representatives.

The Supreme Court has had the power of Judicial Review since 1803 and you are just NOW complaining about with this ONE ruling?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join