It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Kali74

You mean like a Christian baker can refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding? Oh wait...

Texas Attorney General and Governor Response

At least here in Texas, this whole issue is definitely not going to go away quietly. (By the way as a Constitutional Libertarian I could care less who gets married based on whatever religion they please, with whatever they call their union - as I think the Government has NO place in a contract between two private people, although the de facto federalism that makes the idea of "marriage rights" relevant is for a whole nother thread).

What does the 'oh wait' mean? Firstly, I am stunned by the dramatic increase in Christian bakers that make, primarily, wedding cakes. This is great for small business. However, they still are not forced to make a cake for a couple who states they are gay nor to order little same sex cake toppers.

edit: I do fine that this is on a state by state basis, in regard to the cakes, where businesses are not allowed to deny service based on sexual orientation. Colorado is one of those states. But is is part of a larger law that effects many issues such as employment, not just cakes.
edit on 26-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)
So, if you have a business in one of those states, you should already know the law.
edit on 26-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Agreed, it only takes a few to cause destruction... i hope love will win

link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I say better yet, get a concealed handgun license to protect yourself if someone threatens your life.

Either way stay safe, and for those that are now able to legally wed that weren't before, enjoy the spousal fights / makeups, "marriage penalty tax", and possibility of expensive / exhausting divorce

That would be ideal! I do hope a good many of my gay friends on this site are similarly armed. And yes, I'm thrilled they can experience the joys, and despair that marriage can bring.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Because my friend those issues are too complex for them to work on it, they have a good life at the expenses of the tax payers and their deep pocket backers, their brains has turned in mulch and thinking is left for the lobbyist attorneys.

edit on 26-6-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Same here! I look kind of androgynous and got attacked by a really frightening skinhead (back in like 1999). It was kind of a run by attack and didn't last long, but it brought me way down for a long time. It's weird to be a "live and let live" kind of lover type person and be on the receiving end of violent unprovoked hate. I have since worked through it and am grateful to have found peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I vote for people to do a job. Finding ways to legislate against segments of our population is part of that job. If the politicians wanted that then they should have supported the Nazis in WWII.

I'm thinking legislation forbidding any elected official from getting married. They can have segregated resteraunts so the rest of us don't have to deal with them. If they vote for war they are automatically drafted.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

God is Love, and Love conquers all things, always hopes, and never fails.

Praise God.

On a more secular note:

Have a religious belief against pork? Don't eat it.

Making pork illegal to eat is forcing one religious view on others; a lack of freedom of religion.

Have a religious belief against gay marriage? Don't have one.

Making gay marriage illegal is forcing one religious view on others; a lack of freedom of religion.

Allowing gay marriage is an example of freedom of religion which is a constitutional right.
edit on 26-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My condolences to the USA.

So called sex same marriages are in clear violation of basic human biology. This is another hallmark of coming transhuman revolution. I'm envisioning in not so distant future a nation of transgenders and transhumans needing another set of "transhuman rights" laws lol

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The timeline is definitely incredible.

I witnessed the Fair Housing Act, Disability Act, Civil Rights Act, and the progression of separation of church and state. Did you know the ERA has never been ratified?

But, today? GO RAINBOW!
edit on 26-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: arpgme

God is Love, and Love always wins.
Praise God.

On a more secular note:

Have a religious belief against pork? Don't eat it.

Making pork illegal to eat is forcing one religious view on others; a lack of freedom of religion.

Have a religious belief against gay marriage? Don't have one.

Making gay marriage illegal is forcing one religious view on others; a lack of freedom of religion.

Allowing gay marriage is an example of freedom of religion which is a constitutional right.
Please, go shout that message from the mountaintops. More people need to hear it.

link   
a reply to: raedar

Yes i agree...

Broken Ribs, Concussions, Knocked out bleeding, left for dead between the ages of 18 and current age 23..

it's a strange feeling to be laying on the ground getting stomped on knowing it's because you are a certain way, for some (like you) who is about Love and being taken into a space of hate it gets depressing...

link   
I love unconditionally, People that have read my post on the issue know where I stand on gays, I cleaned the homes of three gay men, one was dying of AIDS and he was a Christian, I scrubbed his toilets and cleaned his shower, and cleaned up after him for years, I loved him, he loved me, so please the person who made the, " here comes the persecution," aimed at me, that is BS, please stop, these men were good to me, and I to them.

How about stop judging me. People are always pointing that little judgmental finger at one another.

One man was New Age, and my other friend was Lutheran, he was very old when I met him and a war hero. They are all gone now.

All I am saying is tolerance of opinion goes both ways, and as an alternative Christian I believe the creator looks at the heart,

Sorry thread is going to fast for me to keep up.
edit on 013030p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: xuenchen

Good.

Now can we move on?

Glad this issue is over with.

Also glad I could agree on a SC ruling.

I second that good and raise you an........Awesome. This is a good day for liberty and individual rights. The court ruled in accordance with the constitution. Gay people have equal protection under the law and should be able to have the same exact rights as everyone else.

Separation of church and state................It is needed and done for a reason. And before you say what about the pledge and one nation under GOD........Look at the history of that and be amazed.
edit on 26-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: kitzik

Getting Married is not a violation of Biology, assuming you have knowledge in that area to make such a statement you already knew that right?

link   
One angle I just thought of for you all to contemplate...

The SCOTUS ruling was NOT a morality ruling. The court did not rule that a same-sex lifestyle was morally correct. They simply ruled that the government had to treat these people the same under the eyes of the law, making it legal for them to obtain a marriage license through the government.

There are lots of things "legal" that Christians and religious people find morally corrupt. Alcohol, for example is legal, but some Christians find drinking it morally objectionable. Mormons, for example thing it's morally wrong to ingest caffeine, but it's legal.

Making something legal in the eyes of the law does not make it morally "right" in the eyes of one's religion. It doesn't detract from the personal belief systems of the religious.

Religious belief should be self-study, enabling one to feel they are striving to perfection in the eyes of whatever deity they believe created them. It shouldn't be used as tool or an excuse to degrade others, or to distract from one's own moral failings.

EDIT: Forgot to at "NOT a morality ruling" whoops!
edit on 26-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
My condolences to the USA.

So called sex same marriages are in clear violation of basic human biology. This is another hallmark of coming transhuman revolution. I'm envisioning in not so distant future a nation of transgenders and transhumans needing another set of "transhuman rights" laws lol
I welcome the transhumanist movement with open arms. I would be the first in line to upload my consciousness to a robot body if given the chance.

link   

Don't be a moron.
This is not going to make more people gay.
What country are you from then? Does yours not have gay marriage? .

link   

So called sex same marriages are in clear violation of basic human biology.

Sex exists for more purposes than just reproduction. There are other benefits to sex on an emotional/mental/spiritual level. Not everything is just about the flesh/physical body.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I love the pink in your Avatar, good for you, I know that if we look hard enough, we have been influence by religion and religious views for centuries.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Bout time! Good show! Equality wins in the end!

Though I fear this argument is FAR from over. Abortion was confirmed by the Supreme Court and THAT discussion hasn't gone away.

I disagree with abortion and eventually it will be overturned. The life inside a womb has rights that are being infringed upon. Equal protection under the constitution for everyone.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join