It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's painful and sad though that these people have to go kicking and screaming into the night. I'm reading the comments on Facebook this morning shaking my head about how these people are "mourning" the fall of America and going to continue to pray for us all.

The sky isn't falling.

The Sun is still shining.

Wow, now LGBT people get the same treatment under the law as everyone else? You'd think Armageddon was reaching it's zenith or something based on the outcry from the Christian right.

These same people are quick to say, "move to another country!" -- I wonder how many of them will take their own advice and move to a country that doesn't allow same-sex marriage?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It doesn't, you know is hard to explain that the laws of nature we have learn to understand as "natural" are the views and opinions created by us man, in other words man made, some have not problem understanding and separating the facts from fiction, but others have a harder time to understand.

In nature is no really any laws that comes with it.

link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

True, and most Republican candidates are running for next election with intent to stop Gay Marriage etc..

i just hope people who disagree can withhold violence towards us, many of us get killed daily anyways

The republican candidates are not going to run on a platform of stopping gay marriage. It would be complete political suicide. There is only a very small group of ignorant morons within the republican party that care about gay marriage. Most either don't care, or want gays to be able to marry.

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

It's painful and sad though that these people have to go kicking and screaming into the night. I'm reading the comments on Facebook this morning shaking my head about how these people are "mourning" the fall of America and going to continue to pray for us all.

The sky isn't falling.

The Sun is still shining.

Wow, now LGBT people get the same treatment under the law as everyone else? You'd think Armageddon was reaching it's zenith or something based on the outcry from the Christian right.

These same people are quick to say, "move to another country!" -- I wonder how many of them will take their own advice and move to a country that doesn't allow same-sex marriage?
That would be difficult. Many of the countries that still have laws against gay marriage also don't take too kindly to Christians either.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

It won't be totally smooth sailing. We legalized same sex marriage but hate crimes against the queer community still occur. But it is a very important first step forward that will eventually become leaps and bounds.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yaaaaaas! *Finger Snaps*

lets all put aside prejudice or bigotry or hate and celebrate LOVE together, because that is what it's about.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
That is a beautiful picture. I will now steal it for facebook

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Of course they did. Where do you think the slur "savages" comes from?

It's the natural progression of things, old beliefs are replaced by new ones as our understanding and knowledge increases. The beliefs of 2,000 years ago worked and were handy for the people of that time. As human knowledge, understanding and awareness grows, so should our belief systems.

I mean, we still don't believe a sea monster will devour your sailing ship if you sail past the horizon anymore, that's pure poppycock!

And I think the belief that gay people can't "marry" because "God created marriage" needs to also be abandoned. Man created the institution of marriage.
edit on 26-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

*HUGS*

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I stole it from facebook lol.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Exactly! For all we know, a mutation could appear in humanity that causes anal sex to be beneficial to humans in some way, but we'd never know it if we listened to this arbitrary "laws of nature" that we invented.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well said. There is no point hanging onto old beliefs just because they are old.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74 LOL. It is on my facebook now.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar
My original response was to someone commenting , can't we get past the religious aspect of this now that gay marriage is legal and me commenting that nature might have problem with it.

At that point many people turned to anal sex.

Not lost but getting kind of nauseas at some of the response's and trying to answer them in a civil manor, something you might try.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Absolutely fantastic news!!

Well done America.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This is usually how it works though. You can't convince everyone, eventually you just have to go forward with the legislation and ignore the dissenters. This is one of those cases. They'll get over it, and if they don't, eventually they'll die of old age and their kids will be more accepting of it because they grew up with it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm confused as to what this has to do with Islam at all... This country isn't under Sharia Law and it isn't illegal to draw a picture of Mohammad.

I'm not nearly as confused about Islam as I am about the conflicting rationalizations of protest movements .

If someone want to do anything purposefully that is deemed offensive against Islam ( drawl a picture ) it is protested by people throughout this country . And it is vilified by being called offensive to Muslims !

Yet a minority chooses to do something purposeful against Muslim beliefs ( Homosexual marriage ) And it is good because it wins political correctness's and favor ?

I'm sorry this is a double standard !!!

It's not that I disapprove of gay marriage it is that I disapprove of the idealistic protesters/ mainstream media and government officials that sponsor such a hypocritical thoughts in the selection of which of our rights are right and wrong .

If you look at my first two comparisons they seem to have absolutely nothing to do with the rights ? The only concern I see on these two issues is" what is the political correct choice" ?

Because one of them people actually care about, one people are doing PURELY because they aren't supposed to. It's easy to see man, if you'd take off the blinders.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

*Hugs*

a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I agree, all we can do is stand together and unify under love and hopefully end violence against any group of people

link   
a reply to: Battleline

Ahhh I see your position now. You don't like Anal Sex, so you think homosexuality is an affront to nature.

I don't like onions, but I don't think they are an affront to nature. For the life of me I can't understand why people like onions. They're disgusting little ground things.

ETA: And to be clear, it was YOU who brought up the butt stuff. You pulled that thread, just we're clear.
edit on 26-6-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Battleline
a reply to: raedar
My original response was to someone commenting , can't we get past the religious aspect of this now that gay marriage is legal and me commenting that nature might have problem with it.

At that point many people turned to anal sex.

Not lost but getting kind of nauseas at some of the response's and trying to answer them in a civil manor, something you might try.

Then what is nature's problem with it? We certainly have more than enough people. So it is not the thing that makes you nauseous and it is not a procreation thing- many animals couple with the same sex-so....where was the nature thing going?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join