It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

I never said Christians shouldn't vote, i said the government can't make laws based on Religious ideology because it's a belief system that not everyone is forced to believe in... unless you want to create a one world religion that forces everyone to believe the same thing?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Jansy

I did, the God in haven, and you know what he asked me? if I believe, I responded, yes I do, and you know what he revealed to me? that life doesn't end in earth, that we go back to the source of light after we shed our human body, to be united with the creator, it doesn't matter what you are or what you have done in your earthy body, we are one and the same at the end.

I hope one day you discover that, because it changes you way of thinking and the way your look at others after that.

The third time I have seen this HAVEN mentioned here. I see it is a TV show on SyFy. Maybe I should check it out.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Why don't you understand, just because straight people do this does not make it right...got it??

link   
a reply to: reldra

Is ok, I will never judge your understanding of anything. Is your choice after all.

May you have peace in life.

link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: JohnFisher

They can pressure all they want, but that will go right back to the supreme court for a ruling, because now you are trampling on somebody else's rights. This is where I have a problem, gay couple X has never set foot inside church Y
and now they demand to be married by them to make a point. After being married you will never see them again.

Those churches that are going to follow the bibles commands will never give in, even if the court rules against them, they will cede all marrying to the state(justice of the peace) and not marry anybody even their own church members.

Who said they wanted to force churches to perform their ceremonies? Where do you even come up with that crap?

I challenge you to produce a single shred of evidence from either side of this lawsuit and/or decision that would support such a ludicrous "straw man" argument.

These people have been fighting for equal rights and/or treatment under the law and you somehow think they want the very institutions who fought tooth & nail to deny those rights to perform their ceremonies?

PLEASE!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Ok, so you include straight people that are against nature shouldn't have equal rights too?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

Why don't you understand, just because straight people do this does not make it right...got it??

Straight people generally have sex with those of the opposite gender. That Is what I do. Are you telling me it is not right?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Actually i fear that the lives of GLBTQ are in more danger as we continue towards further equality

Hard to say what will happen next. I know at first, here in Canada, there were rumblings by some in the country about how to get same-sex marriage overturned but even that cooled down after a year or two. Even the Conservatives tried to run on a platform that they would change the law again and their own constituents told them where to shove it and to leave it well and fine alone. Might be longer for the US of A but it will come to that eventually. There are going to be some who were vocal now that down the line will realize that this decision had nothing to do with them and had no impact on their personal lives despite their fears.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

And where is it written that it is right or wrong? Where is ANYTHING written in nature that is right or wrong? You see, this is silly reasoning based loosely on religious reasoning. You think it is wrong, but don't want to attach god to it so you invoke nature instead. Except there are no defined "rules" for how lifeforms should behave. The way nature works is that it will try anything and if it works, it will propagate that throughout the population. There is no "right or wrong" in nature. I've been trying to get you to see that for a few pages now, but you apparently want to keep running down this fallacious track.

Just because anal sex doesn't cause the species to reproduce doesn't mean that nature finds it wrong. Heck, it isn't even considered "right" by nature to reproduce. It is just an action in nature that species engage in. It helps nature survive and thrive, but it isn't right or wrong. Those are concepts invented by humans.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Aww yes , the old adage " well straight people do it to" well hell then that makes it OK, thank you for that enlightenment.

Yeah uhhh that's really not "the old adage" LOL I've actually never heard of it before.

What I want to know is why you are talking about anal sex when the Op is about Marriage Equality in the USA?

The point is a legal union of two people that LOVE one another.

You lost!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There are no doubt conservative Christians loosing their minds right about now, convinced that America is about to fall like Babylon.

They may not like it, but the religious right is going to get dragged into the future kicking and screaming as the new paradigm of secular man emerges. It won't be easy, as people feel safe holding onto old beliefs.

I'm pretty sure there were some Native Americans that were resistant to replacing their spiritual beliefs with Christianity. Those missionaries must have thought the Native American's nature-worship seemed silly and archaic...

I wonder if religious right understands that's how atheists view them?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If this is all good now, why is polygamy illegal?

Because Christians said so.

No real reason it should be.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Bout time! Good show! Equality wins in the end!

Though I fear this argument is FAR from over. Abortion was confirmed by the Supreme Court and THAT discussion hasn't gone away.

Nah, with abortion individual states could work end-arounds and find ways to derail or delay full access, with this it's just a matter of licensing. Go into the marriage license bureaus, fill out a form, pay some money, and the marriage is applied for or registered. Nothing to end-around or nitpick.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Of course they did. Where do you think the slur "savages" comes from?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

True, and most Republican candidates are running for next election with intent to stop Gay Marriage etc..

i just hope people who disagree can withhold violence towards us, many of us get killed daily anyways

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Dude. Where there is a will, there's a way. I'm sure various religious right states will try MANY things to make things difficult for gay marriages. There have already been politicians that have came out saying they will defy the ruling if it is to favor gay marriage; that was BEFORE the Supreme Court passed the ruling too.

link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If this is all good now, why is polygamy illegal?

Do you really think a man should have 5 husbands?
Sounds like a pirate ship.

link   
I know I'm late to the party but I just find out the good news a few minutes ago. I'm so happy that I have the option to marry a woman if I want to. I'm going to remember this day for the rest of my life. I can't even sleep right now because I'm happy.

Congratulations to any members on here who are gay or lesbian who might be planning their weddings now. I wish you all the best

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If all people are now equal for the purposes of marriage under this ruling,

why keep listing all the "differences"?

Mass confusion all of a sudden !!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join