It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Here's a wacky thought!

Now that gay marriage (otherwise known as marriage) is now legal, can we at least, show some respect for people who think differently?

I mean, for decades, the gay community and those for same-sex marriage fought for just a little respect from those who thought differently.

Wouldn't it be good to reciprocate?

Or now that marriage is now legal for gays, is it time to bash and insult Christians who may disagree?

bash Christians?....let's tie them up to a fence with barbed wire and leave them there to die!...oh right, sorry, that was done to a gay guy. let's beat them up and condemn them to hell for all eternity...oh again....that was done to gay people...how about Christians being told to stay out of other peoples bedroom....yeah, that'll bash them real good!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Aww yes , the old adage " well straight people do it to" well hell then that makes it OK, thank you for that enlightenment.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Seamrog

The god of haven doesn't give a crap about same sex marriage, the God of man is the one that keep getting piss up about what man does

At the end, we are all the same once the egocentric human body is shed.

I always feel that life, our human life is too short to be wasted in pursuing the human mentality, liberate yourself, know the true heavenly god and live a fruitful life and a happy live, become enlightened within the constricted human mentality, and human religious believe, it is possible if you try, we are after all beings that are capable if incredible beautiful things.

I really want to be around when you finally meet HIM.....

Really.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Everyone should want a SCOTUS that does what it is intended to do--test laws for Constitutionality. No more no less.

Isn't that what they just did?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Your welcome!

you are arguing that we are against nature.. but so are straight people, so why not include them?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Thanks, I came to the realization after 3 major surgeries that human life is nothing but a stepping stone in soul development, been happy and show others that happiness is the best medicine you can get and the more your soul gets to grow.

Nothing but a good feeling to feel great everyday, life doesn't end in earth that's what I have learned.

link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: wayforward

Christians shouldn't have anything to do with politics, it's a belief system and you can't control laws or other peoples lives by using "Religion"

We are human and deserve the rights as any other Heterosexual human, that is simple
First you say Christians shouldn't have the right to vote, then you follow up saying Christians should have the same rights as any other human. Which is it?

Your mistake in reasoning is that you reject the right of an people to revoke their consent to their current ruling government. If you don't like the government you have, if you don't like Christian laws, then you or your local and state governments have the right to declare independence and make their own rules like "marriage may be between any two humans who are at least nine years old". That is the solution. The solution is not to force Christia areas like Kentucky to accept your brand of morality, who find your moral values entirely disgusting on average, equally as much as you find theirs to be disgusting.
edit on 26-6-2015 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

link   

"State" now has two meanings.

The Federal government and a State government.

link   
To those who are in sudden fear of their lives; don't panic, just breathe into this paper bag here... there you go, slow your breathing down just like that, yep, good you're doing so good!

Your country is safe. You are not going to be facing the wrath of God. Canada will have legalized same sex marriage for 10 years coming up in July. We have had no plagues cast upon us, no major natural disasters that have leveled the country or any misfortune of the Biblical sort. Life just went on.

Yours will to.

/end of PSA

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
obviously you want judical activism when it gets you what you want, but it could very well turn around and hurt you.

You don't know what I feel about the Obamacare ruling because I haven't said. You're assuming. And I disagree with plenty of SC rulings in the past. I just don't make a big deal about it.

link   
Because just because "straight" people do it does not make it right.

I would have thought that would be common sense.

link   

originally posted by: Jansy

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Seamrog

The god of haven doesn't give a crap about same sex marriage, the God of man is the one that keep getting piss up about what man does

At the end, we are all the same once the egocentric human body is shed.

I always feel that life, our human life is too short to be wasted in pursuing the human mentality, liberate yourself, know the true heavenly god and live a fruitful life and a happy live, become enlightened within the constricted human mentality, and human religious believe, it is possible if you try, we are after all beings that are capable if incredible beautiful things.

I really want to be around when you finally meet HIM.....

Really.
Pride is a deadly sin.

Keep up that line of thinking and you won't meet him at all.

link   
a reply to: wayforward

Actually there is no mistake in his reasoning. Laws adhering to Christian dogma are unconstitutional. He wasn't saying that Christians shouldn't vote, but saying that Christianity shouldn't be in the government.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Hi NavyDoc, I mean this with the upmost respect towards you. I am not getting into a debate about the persevered right and wrong on this issue. I'm here to celebrate with my American Cousins something i've had for the last few years here in the UK and being in a "GAY MARRIAGE" myself, I am happy that my fellow man on the other side of the pond have now got the same equal rights and opportunity as me.

That being said, all the Rhetoric on this thread has been discussed for Months/Years on ATS and plenty of anti gay threads have been created about this very subject. I wish to enjoy celebrating with my fellow LGBT ATS members today.

That being said, i do respect your view (don't agree with them) but our discussion will have to wait for another day!!

link   

link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Actually i fear that the lives of GLBTQ are in more danger as we continue towards further equality

link   

originally posted by: Battleline
Because just because "straight" people do it does not make it right.

I would have thought that would be common sense.

Hey when are you going to explain where the laws of nature are? I still want to know what they say so that we can put this discussion to rest once and for all.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

edit on 26-6-2015 by reldra because: did not format right as a quote

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

I did, the God in haven, and you know what he asked me? if I believe, I responded, yes I do, and you know what he revealed to me? that life doesn't end in earth, that we go back to the source of light after we shed our human body, to be united with the creator, it doesn't matter what you are or what you have done in your earthy body, we are one and the same at the end.

I hope one day you discover that, because it changes you way of thinking and the way your look at others after that.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The 14th amendment provides for equal protection under the law. That includes getting legally married. It was intended to make sure that nobody-- at the time, black Americans especially-- should have less freedom than anyone else. That it should take this long to rule that this includes homosexuals is a bit of a shame and a migraine, but... yay, we did it!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join