It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty sure I saw a ghost this morning.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yikes, I'll take my strangeness over your wife's sightings! I won't spend too much time in this topic if it turns too much to talk of ghosts and I'm very careful of the topics I do pick to read here on ATS since rejoining you all, because I don't want that garbage from the last house coming over here.

I do still experience some odd things like what were described in a rather clouded jumbled post someone had about demonic type night terror-ish problems after meditation. But I don't meditate. I barely even pray longer than five minutes at a time in the conventional Christian way. But that's all me and weirdness I apparently carry around. It might be biological and maybe I'm prone to disordered brain activity or sleep paralysis or the occasional screwed up near-OOBE. It's not the house or property. I've lived in "clean" houses. I know the difference by now.

I'm more interested in conjectures about time distortions or possibly intersecting dimensions. Because my daughter and I really felt strongly that kitten was a version of our living one.

There was a ghost cat thing only I saw when I first moved in. But that one agitated the other cats and behaved differently and my cats chased it behind a door and into the wall. It disappeared after awhile and stayed gone for years. This one my daughter and I saw would stay put and had the same mannerisms as our kitten. And the other cats took no special notice of it. They seemed able to see it as I saw them look as it ran past but they didn't seem bothered. Granted my 2 most aggressive chasers of the earlier ghost cat had died by the time this one appeared. But we still had one cat that had seen the earlier one and she was fine. The newer cats were fine.

Yuck, this is getting confusing. I'm glad I moved and that so far there's only one version of everyone so far. May it stay that way, please and thank you, Jesus. But I can't help looking back and wondering, what the heck was all that?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I am of the opinion you were dreaming, or astral projecting.
This has been an entertaining and "juicy" thread, thanks everyone!
Glad it's daytime here

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Interesting story, to be sure, and yes, I believe you. It doesn't seem likely that you were asleep, so discounting that. What did you see? Well, I lean toward a "trickster", or whatever one wants to call them. Little tricky demons/gremlins/whatever, seems most likely, and that is from years of looking at such stories, many from family and personal experience. It just seems to fit more most of the time.

I won't discount the possibility of some sort of "echo" in some cases, and maybe even some sort of time slip or something, but only for cases where there isn't interaction. Still, that said, after a very loved, and very special cat of mine had to be put down (antifreeze), for a couple of weeks, I'd hear what sounded like hi at the window, pawing the glass as he did, and almost feel him jump onto the bed. Didn't last long, and really didn't like it, but it felt like him. I don't tend to subscribe to people or animals lingering, but I know how that felt, and I know what nasty trickster types feel like, too. This felt like that cat.

More often, it's weird stuff. A place we moved to, for a while, I kept seeing, from the corner of my eye, what Id swear was one of the kids walking past, and always, I was able to locate them, and it was never them. Then, when I was on a video chat with my oldest, she said she saw something behind me, half behind a stack of moving boxes, that looked almost like a child, but, she said, was NOT child. Something off about the face. At that point, I declared firmly that was MY house, and whatever didn't belong there needed to leave. Never saw it again.

Tons of ghost stories in the family, too. Not typically doppelganger-type stuff, though. Well, not with the person alive. After my dad died, something was mimicking him, and scaring the crap out of my mom. My brother took action on that one.

Considering the reactions of the dogs, I'd assume something not friendly in your case. Order it out. Messing ith your windows, and looking like your wife, seems like the goal was to cause problems.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes, what is a trickster? Is that anything like a shadow being?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

I'd assume about the same thing. I would more likely use the term "shade" myself, since that's what I heard growing up, but yeah, same thing. Most of the "ghosts" are, I believe, that sort of thing. Call them gremlins, call them imps,c all them demons. Same spook, different disguise, if you like. Scaring people, acting like someone or something else; common tactics for that sort. If it interacts, that is my first assumption.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I love stories like this. I'm a night owl, creep myself out every night on the way to bed. I know I'll be thinking of this one tonight.

The dog's behavior makes it all the more scary for me. Maybe you were putting off strange, confusing vibes they picked up on. We live in the country, I check my dog's posture/behavior for clues something's off. Their behavior changes well before barking. Dogs are good at that, cats too but are more skittish, prone to false alarms. If you can trust your dogs, heed their warning.

Such a simple, familiar thing as your wife closing the window to keep the rain out strikes a chord.

My mom tells a story about my dad sitting at the foot of the bed one night. Just the usual thing, him sitting there undressing for bed. His shirt was off, my dad was a body builder and my mom remembers seeing his muscled back, she even rubbed it with her foot. That's when she turned, saw the clock. It was 2-ish, my dad was working the midnight shift, wouldn't be home for hours.

She never saw his face, he was just sitting there as she ran from the room. The next thing she remembers she's walking back to the bedroom with the gun from the hall closet. She peeked in but no one was there. Interesting you couldn't see your wife's face either. I think It would've been more creepy if you had.

Not sure what scared her more the gun or the vision. From then on she was terrified sleeping alone on midnights so she slept with me...oh joy. TBH I wonder if something wasn't attached to her. I wouldn't sleep a wink, saw/heard strange things all night. You'd think a kid would sleep better with a parent by their side. When I was 7 she was sleeping with me when I saw that shadow guy I've heard people mention. Haven't seen it again since.

Maybe it's a half awake/asleep state that makes us see things that seem so real. Not sure what to think about the times you both were fully awake. Maybe it's something about you, your wife or your house. Any childhood recollections of strangeness for either of you?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Pretty weird stories I suppose, the OP and his not wife, and also the one about the visiting ghost cat. Weird stuff happens sometimes you know, though I would not say there ghosts, just overlapping data, ya know glitch in the matrix, shifting dimensions and veils converging and that jive. Unless they try to rip your head off or infiltrate you mind and make you go do something silly like shoot your brains out or make you life a living hell...Then I would not worry about it, there low level passerby's, not even ghosts, just something which comes and goes, like the wind.

Though I suppose you can call them ghosts, but then again it just depends on your perspective, but they do linger though, though not as much as those alive do, oh boy do the living linger. Lets just call this the age of lingering. Now that I think about it, that's all that ghosts are, lingerers, stuck in a loop, over and over again. So technically that would make every single person who has been on ATS for longer then needed ghosts as well, after all this place is full of lingerers.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

That's an interesting one indeed . In my experience, sleeping with dogs close by seems to have an interesting effect with regards to astral travel. I'm of the mind that their is something going on a habit survival level . The Canines probably know more about it than us, but as we cant communicate very well with the species, I concluded that they sleep and check out potential food sources while they sleep, in the Astral sense that is, they think nothing of it but sometimes we get dragged along on a trip, like "walkies", but not for food , as their food source is secure. The difference between them and us, is that, they don't have the problem of doing it, or the recall. Or it wouldn't be a survival tool. Nor do they have any real problem detecting entities, because they can see quite well into what we call the astral . I suppose this would go the same with cats. You might have been having an out of body experience, and saw your wife come into the room, who was also out of body acting out a dream sequence. Then as usual the need to pee, seems to work well, in these circumstances, like we have an astral pee, wake up, and then have a physical one . Its a weird one!. Especially the physicaly closed windows.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Ba reply to: KawRider9

Hello. You did "see" something, that is for certain. Could be a human spirit (ghost) or it could have been an astral projection of your wife. How do I know this? I have seen human spirits. The other requires a more detailed explanation.
About 3 years ago I was virtually dying and wanted to pass at home. Husband was very worried of course.
He would rise in the mid of night to peek through my doorway to check on me. We were in separate rooms due to my illness. One night I was in tremendous pain so could not sleep so I just lay quietly in the dark. Suddenly I see husband, fully clothed, walk to the doorway and lean in to look at me. It was bizarre because he did not have pajamas on as usual then he disappeared. I managed to get up and check on him in the bedroom next to mine. He was sound asleep softly snoring and did not have time to strip and put on pjs in those few minutes. That is when I realized that when he was soundly sleeping he would astrally project to check on me. Our spirits travel during deep sleep so this made sense to me. Sounds like your wife checked the windows in the same way.

edit on 6 28 15Sun, 28 Jun 2015 03:00:17 -0500 by Elderlight because: Typos.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Elderlight

It certainly sounds something like that, when we get into "real" situations like you have mentioned, some pretty strange stuff can go down. Or rather we start to notice pretty strange stuff. Especially in the hospital situation, where people are apart to depart this world.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Very interesting KawRider... I wouldn't worry too much about it but it does boggle the mind. I wonder if "sensitive" people experience this type of thing more, or if it's tied to a location. Personally I think it might have something to do with different dimensions or timelines coming together rather than something spooky, as at least one other poster has suggested.

My ex and I had a couple things like that happen when we lived together and one time it even caused a pretty big argument between us. She swore that I came home from work one night, looked at her in the bedroom, then left again. When she called me to ask where I went I informed her that I was still at work and about to head home, and she didn't believe me. Said she heard the front door open and close, my footsteps through the house, and saw my figure in the doorway. Weird stuff.

Another time I went to bed, she had passed out on the couch watching TV and wouldn't get up. I don't think I was asleep yet, it's possible that I was drifting off. I heard her yell my name with urgency, sounded like she was standing in the doorway. I shot up in the bed and looked around but she wasn't there, and when I walked to the living room she was still asleep.

At the end of the day it's hard to say -- my experiences, and IMO yours as well probably could be explained by the funkiness of the human brain when entering / exiting sleep state (well, except for the window). Is it possible that someone closed the window before and you didn't notice? I do think that sometimes... our reality isn't as solid as we assume and weird stuff just happens.
edit on 29-6-2015 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've heard sonic doppelgangers too - mostly a voice distinctly calling my name only to discover the person calling me isn't home. It hasn't happened in years but used to happen really often when I lived in the country.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PreHerStoria
I do think certain locations are more prone to having this sort of thing happen. My parents once lived in a stand-alone military-owned colonial style house. Every night they heard someone use their bathroom: taking a shower, brushing teeth. My dad would get up to check and of course the bathroom was empty. They weren't attached to other houses, so there was no chance they were picking up the sounds of a neighbor. Thank goodness they didn't have to put up with ghostly sounds of pooping! My mom is very proper, I think she would have hired an exorcist for that one.

Like I said, my last house was plagued regularly with sonic doppelgängers. One night I distinctly heard my husband enter our bedroom and go into the changing area to change into pajamas. But he never came out. I found out he was in the basement with our newborn, trying to give me some uninterrupted sleep. Granted, I wasn't getting much sleep in those days but I was definitely wide awake when I heard all that I heard. Because I was hoping to chat with him so I was waiting on him to come out. I do remember being unsure, though, because while I had heard him, I didn't see any sign of him, no shadows or hint of movement in the room. But it was dark so I figured I may have missed seeing him somehow. It was creepy waiting in the dark once the sounds stopped.

My current house, as with others I've lived in, has been blessedly free of anything odd. Even the neighborhood has a completely different lighter feel to it.

Problem is I have been reading about werewolves in the Cryptozoology part of the forum and scaring myself silly with werewolf stories,so now I'm afraid to go out into the yard at night and my family is teasing me, lol! But it may not be the worst thing because bears have been recently sighted nearby. Bears, werewolves...same difference if they want to eat you!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm totally on board with that idea - I think certain locations are more susceptible to doppelganger activity. The house where my roommate's father saw his doppelganger was just a few miles up a country road from the house I was staying in. There are areas of town that give me the creeps. Driving through Beverly Hills at night doesn't seem like it would be so creepy, but I have yet to talk to a friend who disagrees. Strangely, driving through Beverly Hills at night always makes me think of werewolves hahahaha!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

tricksters.

Sometimes benevolent. Sometimes not. Never to be taken less than seriously.

Coyote in Native American folklore was a trickster.

Poltergiests are something like a trickster.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PreHerStoria
I did finally get to go to California and we did drive past Beverly Hills but not through it and not at night. I have to say, as an east coast girl used to gently rolling green hills, the brown mountains of California did evoke a feeling of strangeness. But I think it's because they look so exotic to me. I do think there's a lot of people steeped in the occult there. So, about those werewolves...you just never know! Lol

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seagulllol,ci just wasted a lot of time reading ghost stories at that site. I'm working my way through the Canadian ones now. We will have some stories for the campfire this summer.

I still don't have much sense of what kind of being a trickster is. Not good, that's my opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Tricksters come in many different flavors.

Depending, I guess, upon the peoples and regions the tales originate from.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join