It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State news: Terrorists attack a Tunisian hotel, casualties reported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Of course we could.

The question is.....will we?

Everybody I've spoken with from my military days is itching to go over and deal with IS. A real enemy with a real reason and need to be dealt with.

But...will we?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree.
If ever there was a just fight then its the one against IS.

But 'we' won't.

Why?

Because of the monumental # up's 'we' made in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya etc.
(And by 'we' I mean the policy makers and not the servicemen).

'They' will not act until 'we', the people, take matters into our own hands and demand they take action.

I'm not advocating all out war against Islam per se.....but we know where the problems are, where they originate and who is funding it.

edit on 26/6/15 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Isn't that what the nutters want? A clash of civilisations to bring Islamic control over more of the west?

The only problem with that scenario for 'the nutters' is that in a no holds barred confrontation Islam would be defeated.

Looking at the spread of Islam out of Arabia and the way it has devoured most of the Middle East and North Africa (both previously Christian heartlands) I'm not so sure. After Afghanistan, Iraq etc there seems to be a belief that the west can be defeated by wearing it down through terror

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: intrptr

Do you really believe that all the worlds ills and all the atrocities are as a result as some sort of NATO / Western masterplan to gain global control in some sort of NWO?

You grant 'them' far too much intelligence.

Let alone that all empires end up on the ash heap of history, they are running a bit behind schedule…

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Of course we could.

The question is.....will we?

Everybody I've spoken with from my military days is itching to go over and deal with IS. A real enemy with a real reason and need to be dealt with.

But...will we?

You can't defeat them by kicking ass on the battlefield, which I'm positive the UK could do. It will need fifty years of occupation, and total re education.to 'de nazifi' the midset

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

With the weapons, technology, resources, training etc it would be no contest if, and its a massive 'if' considering the implications, it were a no holds barred confrontation similar to WWII.

Its a truly frightening prospect but if we really want to eradicate IS and the like it could well be the only course of action available.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Every time David Cameron says he is arranging a Cobra meeting it seems similar to when IT Department ask if Ive tried pressing Control, ALT, delete. Sounds like a solution but shows really hasnt got a clue!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Yes it could be done, we are generations ahead in terms of tech. Watch what a few million Jews do each time there's a ME war against massive Islamic odds, it's the same generational tech divide that wins the day. At some point we the west will go back into Africa (Islamic part) and the Middle East on a "Civilising Mission" just like one hundred years ago

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yes matey, when i viewed it the aeroplane icon was showing near the France/Belgium/Lux border.

Strange though, i have been keeping an eye on twitter #tunisia and im sure i glanced at a tweet claiming no flights had been turned around... Just after that i saw your post re the dissapearing info on the flight.

edit on 26/6/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumanPLC
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yes matey, when i viewed it the aeroplane icon was showing near the France/Belgium/Lux border.

Strange though, i have been keeping an eye on twitter #tunisia and im sure i glanced at a tweet claiming no flights had been turned around... Just after that i saw your post re the dissapearing info on the flight.

How accurate is this site?
Scoopnest
If accurate, it states this flight turned around due to the terrorist attacks in Tunisia.
ETA: FlightRadar24 itself tweeted that it turned around due to the activity in Tunisia.
FlightRadar24
edit on 6/26/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Day of terror: Islamist attacks around world follow ISIS' Ramadan message

Terrorists struck around the world Friday, beheading a man in France, gunning down dozens on a beach in Tunisia and launching a suicide attack on a mosque in Kuwait, in a series of attacks that followed an ISIS leaders' call to make the month of Ramadan a time of "calamity for the infidels."

Jihadists should make Ramadan a time of "calamity for the infidels ... Shi'ites and apostate Muslims," Al-Adnani said in a recent audio message. "Muslims everywhere, we congratulate you over the arrival of the holy month. Be keen to conquer in this holy month and to become exposed to martyrdom."

Source

Clearly ISIS' call has been answered.
They are clearly at war with the world.
These nuts are looking to the Caliphate as an authority that empowers their acts, which should make the organization a clear target to mobilize against but the world is full of pansies at the moment. Expect more horrific attacks at their beckoning calls because the leader of the Free World at the moment is indecisive and weak.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So nice to come here and see the level of collective intellect amongst ATS members sink that little bit lower than normal, with all kinds of nonsensical political rants of your own.

In the first couple of pages of this I saw people b*tching about the Confederate flag (way to get your right wing ignorance into another thread, if only you could gain actual respect for that imagined achievement!) then people bringing up Palestine, and now people trying to blame whole countries and other governments for the murderous actions of individuals, as if that gives these terrorists some kind of "permission" to murder innocent individuals.

"America did this once..." so it's okay for someone else to pick up an assault rifle and start slaughtering completely innocent people?

We should be discussing the incident, the ramifications and the potential to end these things, instead we have pages of imbecilic teenagers ranting about their own selfish political delusions/extremisms.

RIP to the poor innocent people caught up in this.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

On the far too frequent occasions like this I try to delay posting until the initial shock and horror subsides.
But we are all only human and sometimes on days like this some of us can't help but shoot from the hip.

But to be honest I'm just sick of turning on the TV or opening a newspaper or reading on sites like ATS reports of these sort of events.
And I'm sick of people making excuses for those who carry out these acts.
The simple fact of the matter is that they are barbaric pieces of crap.

I know the causes are many, deep rooted and very, very complex.
And there is no easy, simplistic solution.
I'm not arrogant enough to offer up any magical cure all, I'll leave that to the politicians and policy makers.
But I do know that IS, its affiliates and other radical Islamic organisations need to be stopped, and stopped quick.

To completely eliminate the threat it may take a generation or two and may involve a certain amount of 're-education', (that sounds frighteningly like indoctrination but.....???), but direct action is required now to at least stall the immediate threat of IS.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Apart from the tragic loss of innocent life, what also saddens me is the fact that if this had happened in the US, this thread would have been on page 150 by now.

Death toll 37 now

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

First act of heroism coming out now: Briton used his body to protect his fiancé and took three hits before telling her to run

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Fair play to the guy, and hes still alive too, albeit in a serious condition.

Im betting after saving his partners life he's earned an unlimited ammount of 'special favours', lol.

Wishing him a speedy recovery so he can start enjoying em soon

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My thoughts exactly! It is shocking that people on here are more interested in discussing trivial things as though the death of these oeople means nothing. Surely Americans arent so insular or short sighted that they cant see althiugh it didnt happen on American soil it could do next time. A 15 year old boy saw his parents and grandparents killed today in cold blood. I dont know his nationality but I dont need to do I still feel his pain. Fellow Americans shame on you that you find discussions about UFOs and the like more worthy purely because ut wasnt one of your own on that beach!a reply to: HumanPLC

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Dang 37 dead from a single shooter and this thread only has 12 flags.

I guess its only important if it happens in America so we can argue about racism and gun control. Its a shame,

SAF

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

No. You raze it to the ground. ...and sow the ground with salt. No occupation needed. No reeducation. All done. Not the best of plans perhaps, but effective. If the world wants it done, and is willing to pay the butchers bill, it can be done, virtually overnight. ISIS is no match for the rest of the world united.

ISIS, and its ilk, needs to be destroyed. The question is, do we want to spill the blood necessary to do so. 'cause innocents are going to be killed, too. It's the nature of the beasts were hunting/fighting...they hide among the innocents.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ya know, when we consider the general level of intelligence most of these guys must have there is little doubt in my mind we could trick a vast majority of them and weaken the entire structure. A little hollywood magic, some cutting edge tech and a solid concept and ISIS would just run.

Fake an army of White Devils....that should solve the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join