It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State news: Terrorists attack a Tunisian hotel, casualties reported

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN reporting at least 19 dead in an attack on a popular holiday destination in Tunisia.

Related to the attack in France?

Coordinated with it?

Spurred on by? Motivated by?

Tunisia is reporting the firefight is ongoing right now.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Wondering whether they are all connected; perhaps an ISIS thing?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Supposedly there was Arabic banners or flags found in France, no word on the Tunisia attack so far though. Don't think they've released what the writings were in France yet, either.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn ISIS was at least in contact with these people.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Casualty numbers all over the place. I'm seeing "at least 7" and 9 and 19 and now up to 27.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Both attacks are related to ISIS, as ISIS flags have been seen with the attackers.
no doubt there will be more attacks if this is a global planned strike!
edit on 26-6-2015 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

That's what I'm thinking. At least some level of coordination.

Am wondering if anything will happen in the U.S. Lone wolf style attack somewhere perhaps?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Some freaky S%&T with the inscriptions on the decapitated head!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Obviously, if ISIS had no flags, this would not have happened.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Very Possibly! you just have to take your mind back to the attacks in mumbai back in 2008. they're more than capable of replicating this across the western world!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
29 dead now saying on Sky News. British believed to be amongst them. Cobra meeting being organised and David Cameron supposed to be speaking shortly. Someone on Sky saying it could be a prelude to something much bigger. Lets hope not! Pray for those affected and pray no one else loses their life in this absolute madness. How anybody can believe they are doing this in the name of any eekigion is completely beyond me. Even people wgo dont believe in any religion usually have a moral compass and compassion for their fellow man. Just saying now its a year since the calaphate was declared and for the anniversary they are doing this to show they are still relevant abd to encourage more people to join them.a reply to: AMNicks

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Guardian reporting 27 dead including one gunman. No word on whether there are others still on the run. Police flooding into the area now.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Mainstream media is refering to both attacks as: twin ISIS attacks...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That's what I'm thinking. At least some level of coordination.

Am wondering if anything will happen in the U.S. Lone wolf style attack somewhere perhaps?

That's very possible..
edit on 26-6-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

A man talking on Sky is saying the worrying thing about these attacks is whether these are being coordinated by immigrants who have been rescued in medittarean. Have some ISIS members managed to sneak in by this method as they said they would. If so could be something bigger on the way.

I was accused earlier of stamping my feet by asking for David Cameron to make our borders safer by putting armed forces on ports. I dont think asking for this reassurance from the leader of my country is stamping my feet. At a time when we dont know who we are letting in and with the direct threat from ISIS I think I am being sensible. People in my country are frightened. We dont have weapons to protect ourselves so we are reliant on our government to keep us safe. As a mother with an 8 year old child I really dont feel safe and fear for his future!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

CNN reporting at least 19 dead in an attack on a popular holiday destination in Tunisia.

Destination for which nationalities?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

To be honest its only a matter of time! once the trust is depleted and the masks have been lifted from the real terrorists. i know living in the UK that tension is at its highest since the london bombings!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Mainstream media is referring to both attacks as: twin ISIS attacks...

Well of course, any little boom is ISIS.

Blame ISIS, ignoring the biggest booms of course occurring 24/7 in some random Middle Easter country.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So are more Palestinian neighborhoods being leveled while the world is distracted with more ISIS BS?

edit on 26-6-2015 by James1970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens

A man talking on Sky is saying the worrying thing about these attacks is whether these are being coordinated by immigrants who have been rescued in medittarean. Have some ISIS members managed to sneak in by this method as they said they would. If so could be something bigger on the way.

I was accused earlier of stamping my feet by asking for David Cameron to make our borders safer by putting armed forces on ports. I dont think asking for this reassurance from the leader of my country is stamping my feet. At a time when we dont know who we are letting in and with the direct threat from ISIS I think I am being sensible. People in my country are frightened. We dont have weapons to protect ourselves so we are reliant on our government to keep us safe. As a mother with an 8 year old child I really dont feel safe and fear for his future!

Its a very worrying prospect! getting people physically into this country is bad enough, but its the physiological infiltration over the internet by these extremists that is turning vulnerable people into there soldiers!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

UK Prime Minister David Cameron says Britain will do "all we can to help" in the aftermath of the "appalling events" in France and Tunisia.

Nothing like a manufactured, heartless response to bring peace to the minds of the victims..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join