It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland security a nee breed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have just been reasearching about homeland security i have found this if any one is intrested about it round this it is quite intresting.

The Department of Homeland Security consolidates 22 agencies and 180,000 employees the functions in a single agency dedicated to protecting America from terrorism.More than $18 billion has been awarded to state and local governments to protect the homeland.the agency is focused on six key areas: intelligence and warning; border and transportation security; domestic counterterrorism; protecting critical infrastructure; defending against catastrophic threats; and emergency preparedness and response.

Law enforcement officials have been given better tools to fight terrorism, including roving wire taps and the capacity to seize assets and end financial counterfeiting, smuggling and money-laundering.

They can look at sms messages phone calls email.if they think you are part of any organized cell they will look at all the types of comunication and look for certain words.if they think they are invloed they will look at there contacts comuncation.

There biggest brake through was the barley bombing they tracked 2 of the potenitoal suspect of it and followed them to a location and shot them dead.

this is abit of what i know if any one knows if this infomation is correct please reply

[edit on 26-12-2004 by ngage]

join