It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley for the GOP Vice Presidential pick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I am going to stick my neck and predict that Governor Nikki Haley is going to be on the GOP Vice Presidential ticket for the 2016 race. I think she will be like Paul Ryan . Ryan was the bright spot in what was always going to be a losing Romeny campaign. At this stage I am picking a Bush - Haley ticket on the GOP side. Haley is conservative enough to appeal to the GOP's core supporter base without being a total loon like Cruz.

Haley isn't lacking moral and political courage. This can be seen in the way she is tackling the issue of the Confederate flag. Compare that to the way Australian Prime Minster Tony Abbott is running away from the gay marriage debate as fast as he can.

I would like to here from others. Who do you think would make a good VP pick on the GOP side?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Well, it's a tough choice between me or you!

All the others are obviously corrupt so I'd much rather it be one of us who would no doubt be truly 'for the people' as well as possible with our knowledge and experience levels. I'm sad to say there is no one who is likely to be on the ticket, currently in office, that I feel comfortable voting for.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Depends on their aim.

1. Sometimes they pick someone who is a powerbroker/insider as VP. This shows the international powerbrokers that your administration is not to be trifled with (and it appeases major donors). Because of their careers before becoming VP picks, Dick Cheney & Joseph Lieberman were perfect examples of this approach.

2. Sometimes they pick someone whose strengths mask the perceived weaknesses of the Presidential candidate. For example, Bernie Sanders has the perception of being too old, boring, technical, etc. So a VP in his scenario would need to be young, charismatic, outspoken, and a little controversial in order to lure in the voters that would be turned off from Sanders alone.

3. Sometimes they pick a crazy demagogue or ideologue who serves as a hatchet man and/or as a deterrent. In other words, the VP is so radical or nuts that you'd better never try to assassinate or impeach the Presidential candidate. Unfortunately, this kind of VP can be too ambitious & may try to take the Presidential candidate out instead. This is seen more in less stable countries, but Biden was a "too looney to be allowed to take over" version. Palin was both a #2 & a #3.

There are other strategies behind the VP pick, but I'll leave it at these. Haley seems more like a #2 to me since she has no clout in Washington (or internationally) & she's not seen as a scary threat to Democrats. Of course, this is all speculation until the Presidential nominee is decided. But I think she'd be a perfect #2 for some old, boring, far right wing Presidential candidate because she would balance them out. So maybe the VP for a Rick Perry or Newt Gingrich.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Certainly I don't think Jeb's heart is in a presidential run. IMO he is running because of his family name. Assuming Jeb does get the nod he would need a VP pick that could do a couple of things. The VP pick would need to energise the campaign and win over the GOP base that doesn't like Jeb a great deal. Jeb would get the nomination because nobody wants to be the candidate who loses to Hillary Clinton.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
I am going to stick my neck and predict that Governor Nikki Haley is going to be on the GOP Vice Presidential ticket for the 2016 race. I think she will be like Paul Ryan . Ryan was the bright spot in what was always going to be a losing Romeny campaign. At this stage I am picking a Bush - Haley ticket on the GOP side. Haley is conservative enough to appeal to the GOP's core supporter base without being a total loon like Cruz.

Haley isn't lacking moral and political courage. This can be seen in the way she is tackling the issue of the Confederate flag. Compare that to the way Australian Prime Minster Tony Abbott is running away from the gay marriage debate as fast as he can.

I would like to here from others. Who do you think would make a good VP pick on the GOP side?

Nikki Haley ? McCain and Palin's buddy ? That right there is enough for me.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think Carley (sp?) Fiorina is doing much more to audition for the spot in her presidential run right now.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the best VP pick for any GOP candidate would be . . . . .

Bernie Sanders.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Haley has too much baggage and is too unpopular in her own state to be a viable candidate. Granted, her popularity is at the highest is has been since she took office, at around 50%, but she is receiving a lot of grief because she is trying to raise the state gas tax.

Also, I believe she was investigated for ethics charges in which she refused to release emails and her hard drive. Considering the recent flak with Clinton and her email/computer, Haley would be taken to task fairly quickly.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You're not the first to predict this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join