It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist - The necessary steps to evolution and what has been proven

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Creationism is not banned. It has just been moved to where it belongs The RE class.
Not science.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Bone75

Creationism is not banned. It has just been moved to where it belongs The RE class.
Not science.

Thank you for the clarification. I only briefly skimmed the thread before making this one.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Is that what you do when in a science class? or reading actual papers about evolution?.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: moosevernel

originally posted by: moosevernel
Well they did. It was the mammalliam ape kind of species that developed thess traits and homo sapiens where not the only ones. We fought and mated with th and became.what we are today

That theory violates many known scientific principles. I don't think any scientists actually support that one.

I think you will find that they do. Many europeans share neanderthol dna.

Current science suggest that Neanderthal and Homosapian had common ancestors, we were separated, at the Tower of Babel :-), and we came back together and maintained the ability to mate.

Not quite what you are presenting.

I actually believe the scientists on this one.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

You had me until the tower of babel stuff. Homo sapiens arose im africa. Moved to europe via an aincient land bridge that was present 200000 yeara ago. The mated and fought with other humanoids. And went on to populate the globe. Whilst also mating with other humanoidsn this is why we have different races everywhere. Every single human alive shares african dna though

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Is that what you do when in a science class? or reading actual papers about evolution?.

Ok be rude and question my intelligence.

Or you could read my posts, then you might understand that I could teach evolution, that is why I don't need to believe it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: moosevernel

The Tower of Babel was a joke, sorry you didn't catch that.

Although it does provide an explanation for our separation and eventual return.

Don't get me started on dating rocks and fossils. That is another nightmare of pseudo science all in itself.

I believe in an old earth, with a 6000 year old timeline for man.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: moosevernel

You realize you are now the one disagreeing with the most current and widely accepted viewpoint since we started the genome project.

I'll stick with the scientists.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I would advise taking a step back from yourself and analyze your own arguments objectively. You don't seem to apply the same standards of evidence to your own views. It may be you're genuinely passionate and fascinated by this subject and because of *insert the actual amount of time you've spent studying evolution and creationism* you feel you're well enough educated on the subject. Well, you're not. That is not meant to be offensive. I am certainly no expert in this or any field. Anyway, demand of your own beliefs what you demand of science. And make an effort to brush up on the science in a genuine honest attempt to understand.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

You could attempt to teach evolution but reading your OP tells me what you would teach would not be acceptable to anyone.
You gotta understand the basics first.
You didn't even read the other thread and thought we had banned it from schools.
edit on 26-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I would advise taking a step back from yourself and analyze your own arguments objectively. You don't seem to apply the same standards of evidence to your own views. It may be you're genuinely passionate and fascinated by this subject and because of *insert the actual amount of time you've spent studying evolution and creationism* you feel you're well enough educated on the subject. Well, you're not. That is not meant to be offensive. I am certainly no expert in this or any field. Anyway, demand of your own beliefs what you demand of science. And make an effort to brush up on the science in a genuine honest attempt to understand.

I have studied evolution extensively. What I am saying can't be refuted with proof.

I accept everything that is proven, and very little that is not. I can see and understand micro evolution well enough that I accept certain things that are not yet proven.

I admit I fill in the gaps with my imagination. I am asking the scientists to be honest and tell the world that they are filling in the gaps with their imagination.

Science is supposed to only go as far as it can prove, before it says I have proven it. We are far from understanding how life came from nothing to what it is.

The answer is not really that important. Since the answer has zero bearing on human relationships, it seems premature to say we have proven what we have only scratched the surface of.

If we had truly proven something the debate would be over. Because we could replicate the results using the scientific method.

I am not an uneducated creationist, I could explain evolution better than most. I can explain the science behind what has and has not been proven.

Why is every creationist either an idiot or uneducated? I am niether, i think for myself, and I believe in creation, and it goes well past the words in a book.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I don't know why you just didn't read this thread by Krazy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But instead make a new thread.....

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

You do know we have seen evolution in real time don't you?.
But I'm out like I said read the whole of Krazys thread but I think you have made your mind up already so whats the point? I'm out.
edit on 26-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 it's like trying to debate flat earthers

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

But I'm out like I said read the whole of Krazys thread but I think you have made your mind up already so whats the point? I'm out.

Yes, but we have never seen a monkey give birth to anything but a monkey.

And you realize that we can't date rocks, so we date the surrounding sediment. Apparently their was never any flood that may have disrupted the sediment around such rocks.

And the dating of our geological column might as well have been throwing darts at a dartboard.

I know what I am talking about.

Why do I need to accept science without proof, when others won't accept God without proof?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

This statement proves you do not understand.

Yes, but we have never seen a monkey give birth to anything but a monkey.

Just gonna drop this here.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Actually modern science is accepting that we all have One common ancestor.

People need to keep up with the genome project, something I actually do. Science is changing it's views by the minute.

And these changes keep putting a bigger dent in the theory of evolution as proposed by Darwin.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I'm curious. What kind of Scientist are you anyway???? What colleges did you attend???

Is the Theologian also an official title or just more of a hobby sort of thing???

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Evolutionist say micro evolution is proof of Marco evolution, that they are the same.

Creationist say micro evolution is adaptation that never leads to a change in class/phylum.

Without proof, both arguments are valid, and neither is ignorant.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm curious. What kind of Scientist are you anyway???? What colleges did you attend???

Is the Theologian also an official title or just more of a hobby sort of thing???

What kind of science do you wish for me to teach you to prove that I understand?

What is a scientists? Anyone who partakes in the study and discussion of science.

What is a theologian? Anyone who partakes in the study and discussion of religion.

I am well versed on both. I prefer reading both sides of an argument, so college would be no help. What could I learn in college that I can't learn online?

By keeping up with the Genome Project, I might actually know more than I could learn in school.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I admit I fill in the gaps with my imagination.

Might want to change filters.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join