It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 years of the Inaugural Conference of the United Nations, a hope for The world peace then and Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

In a day like today, on June 25th of 1945 – At a conference in the Opera house of the city of San Francisco, California, delegates from 50 nations signed a charter establishing the United Nations.

research.un.org...

academicimpact.un.org...

The people of San Francisco made a great Job to host the delegates of the different nations that attended that first UN conference, they welcome with a really unique great celebration a new era of fraternity in between the great diversity that represents humanity.

No doubt the warm Californian hospitality was key factor to secure the principal office of the United Nations for America, although later was moved to New York City.

The United Nations, in spite of all its limitations, mistakes or failures and its still unreached goals, has been a great instrument to solve the great difficulties of humanity, differences in between nations and challenges to the world peace.

www.un.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.unmultimedia.org...

We have hope that in spite of all the shadows of violence and the winds of war that blow the world he effective role of UN is going to succeed into solve the great challenges that the world peace is facing in 2015.

We are specially concerned on the still unsolved conflicts like the Ukrainian crisis, the Korean crisis , the expansion of ISIS in middle east, the civil wars of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria, or the Egyptian political crisis, as well the cease of the terrorism what so ever motifs can be behind it and the fight against poverty, lack of education, the violation of the human rights and lack of opportunities of progress that many still suffer around the world.

The Honor to Preside that Historic Inaugural General Assembly of the UN in Sn Francisco was for a Latin American, the Columbian diplomat Eduardo Zuleta- Angel.

www.banrepcultural.org...

I am sure Eduardo Zuleta-Angel in his childhood in Medellin never imagine that he was destined to Preside the foundation of the a worldwide Mega organization for peace, progress and justice that now has survived 70 years old, along many crisis and conflicts.

Columbia, or Colombia in Spanish, a nation that takes its name after Christopher Columbus and that is the eldest democracy of Latin America, has showed to the world that there can be a beam of light of peace shinning in the horizon , after the storm of violence and terrorism has vanished if there is courage to forgive, to put aside ideological differences and establish dialog in between rivals, that even old enemies can become friends and associates in the construction of a new future.

Columbian diplomacy has a lot to teach the world to arrive to great deals under the pressure of confrontation. This south American country where the President of the Inaugural conference of 1945 in San Francisco was born is an example of a nation that in the middle of the most pessimistic forecasts has been able to solve armed conflicts with political agreements.

The National Front in 1958, that ended the differences in between liberals and conservatives, the demobilizations of subversive groups and their incorporation to the civil life as it happened in 1990 with the EPL and M19 and right now with FARC and ELN in the Havana peace conference is a great background to share with the world.

www.banrepcultural.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.law.yale.edu...

Alberto Lleras-Camargo First General Secretary of the OAS, another brilliant Columbian diplomat was the great pacifier that made the deal in between Liberals and Conservatives in 1958, that ended the political Violence of his fatherland.

www.colarte.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

National Front cease violence in Between Liberals and Conservatives in 1958

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness [
edit on 6/26/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Yeah well,
the U.N. Headquarters
is infested with bedbugs.
Not to mention other kinds
of bugs.

I imagine they'll be itchy
to get that sorted out
before anything else.

To be respectful to you,
I'll let you know that I do
have a First Day of Issue Stamp
and Coin commemorating
the creation of The United Nations.

Shine On

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The "Angel of Light"?.....Lucifer?

Allowing the contempt I feel towards some of the mistakes made by the U.S. gov't, when compared to the U.N. the U.S. looks like Mother Teresa.

Two-faced liars, cheats, know-best manipulators that do absolutely zero for 'world peace'. ZERO.

All seventy years has gotten us is a self-appointed attempt at a 'world gov't' while imposing double standards on it's members.

I will refrain from the litany of 'mistakes' as you have not listed any of the successes.

The U.N. is a pathetic joke when measured against the mandate that the U.N. was intended. The only reason I support the continued membership by the U.S. in that body is removal of the U.S. makes it an even worse organization than it is now.

Disaster relief and the like is about the only areas worthy of validation or continuance.

My contempt.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Its still a worthy goal although I think we need changes. I thin UN membership should only be allowed if the people of a said nation votes for it. The end of dictators being given cover should end.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The "Angel of Light"?.....Lucifer?

Allowing the contempt I feel towards some of the mistakes made by the U.S. gov't, when compared to the U.N. the U.S. looks like Mother Teresa.

Two-faced liars, cheats, know-best manipulators that do absolutely zero for 'world peace'. ZERO.

All seventy years has gotten us is a self-appointed attempt at a 'world gov't' while imposing double standards on it's members.

I will refrain from the litany of 'mistakes' as you have not listed any of the successes.

The U.N. is a pathetic joke when measured against the mandate that the U.N. was intended. The only reason I support the continued membership by the U.S. in that body is removal of the U.S. makes it an even worse organization than it is now.

Disaster relief and the like is about the only areas worthy of validation or continuance.

My contempt.

When the UN starts talking "peace" watch out. Their definition is opposite of Webster's dictionary.Throughout their history , the UN has started more wars (under cover of peace) than any nation .Any relief effort for them means the more money they pocket.Remember "oil for food" . Remember the UNICEF scandal. Look at the "man-made global warming" BS.The list goes on and on.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

How's about a little conspiracy vid on the Year of Light or Anno Lucis? The UN is hip deep in it. Fasten up the tinfoil, folks.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

How is that you come here and talk in the name of Peace and Ethics when the first part of the reply is a horrendous personal attack to a person you ever have even meet? is that the peace you want to bring to the world?

I hope that when somebody come here to reply at least is able to handle well the basic norms of decorum and mutual respect to post in a forum of ATS.

If that is not the case I really don't understand what sense has that this same person pretend that has any moral authority to qualify or disqualify the efforts of UN to solve the great conundrums exist today in the world, or lecture us in what is the correct way to achieve world Peace?.

You can be sure that I don't have nothing to do with Lucifer, that is extremely offensive, it is an absurd style in diplomacy to start to tell names or call devil to the people you want to convince of your ideas by the way.

I am wondering who taught you religion or where did you learn to read bible? since it is clear that over there there is somebody that is absolutely wrong. In terms of the biblical terminology the Light is God and by extension is Christ.

Gospel of St John

1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God. 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Gospel of St John 9, 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Revelation 22:16-21(NKJV)

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.

Gospel of St John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Gospel of St. Matthew 5, 14"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.…

St. John 12:36
Believe in the light while you have the light so that you may become children of light" When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 6/26/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Some religions teach that the UN is the "image of the Beast" in Revelations and a wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Some religions teach that the UN is the "image of the Beast" in Revelations and a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Of course.. its not like the same can't be applied to religion...

Ironic

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: queenofswords

Of course.. its not like the same can't be applied to religion...

Ironic

I agree. I don't trust the UN nor organized religion.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well, the problem to don't trust organized religion or politics is that it is the direct path toward anarchy that either in the national sphere or in the international only can bring more chaos than what we are seeing now.

If the world is as it is with institutions trying to govern and control it how it should be if everybody, every possible fanatic, fundamentalist, sectarian or mad leader can do all what it wants without having none forum to criticize those actions and try to organize the international community to refrain them.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: queenofswords

Well, the problem to don't trust organized religion or politics is that it is the direct path toward anarchy that either in the national sphere or in the international only can bring more chaos than what we are seeing now.

If the world is as it is with institutions trying to govern and control it how it should be if everybody, every possible fanatic, fundamentalist, sectarian or mad leader can do all what it wants without having none forum to criticize those actions and try to organize the international community to refrain them.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

Don't get me wrong. I totally understand that in a diversified world, there must be governance and the rule of Law.

My mistrust is of the power-hungry people behind the organizations who seek to impose their world view upon everybody else....the wolves that hide under sheep's clothing. Thus, we all need to constantly be vigilant, demand strict oversight, and watch what the left hand is doing while the right hand is grabbing your attention with smooth talk and emotional rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I can see why you stand with the U.N.. Your response makes that very clear.

You position yourself with an angel, with God. The U.N. sees itself as a world gov't..

I will let you fill in the blank naming that sin you have in common....

A truly angelic individual couldn't be 'offended'. He has no vanity to offend...

However, for your edification, there was a question mark after the individual named. This seemed appropriate as redefining is his wont. He would post as you have about that organization, methinks. Make black, white. Clarity replaced with fog.

Nothing angelic about that organization and probably not you either. ( I include myself in that assessment....but am not offended by it....

new topics

top topics

join